Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lissandria

Screen Shots?

I was wondering what (hopefully free) programs you guys use for screenies? I have snapshot, but it only works in firefox. I'd like to be able to get screenies of the game.

:whistle:

Thanks Wizzy. :whistle:

Edited to add below:

What is ctrl-p supposed to do? It does nothing for me.

Edited by Lissandria

I was wondering what (hopefully free) programs you guys use for screenies? I have snapshot, but it only works in firefox. I'd like to be able to get screenies of the game.

:P

I use IRFANVIEW (it's free and has many more functions then just screenies), the home page is

http://www.irfanview.com/ . You can set it to take them by keystroke or auto (you set the time to take a snap). I've used this for years and years for many different reasons.

Please remember to crop and convert your screenies, not like some guy who uploaded a 3 meg screenie of him killing some noob! :) This is because screenies are bitmap files which are rather large.and definitely not cool

Even in MS Paint, you can convert bitmaps to PNG files which are internet-friendly. The Linux/Unix folks have the amazing GIMP to do that for them.:happy:

Please remember to crop and convert your screenies, not like some guy who uploaded a 3 meg screenie of him killing some noob! :) This is because screenies are bitmap files which are rather large.and definitely not cool

Even in MS Paint, you can convert bitmaps to PNG files which are internet-friendly. The Linux/Unix folks have the amazing GIMP to do that for them.:happy:

png's can be just as bad as bmp's on the web. If you do'nt want your image to take forever to view, save it as a jpg. Irfanview is easy to use for this.

I think you need a CANON PowerShot A720 IS for this difficult job.

Please remember to crop and convert your screenies, not like some guy who uploaded a 3 meg screenie of him killing some noob! :cry: This is because screenies are bitmap files which are rather large.and definitely not cool

Even in MS Paint, you can convert bitmaps to PNG files which are internet-friendly. The Linux/Unix folks have the amazing GIMP to do that for them.:P

I use alt + print screen. It auto saves the files as .png extension. Gnome-screenshot comes w/ Ubuntu.

*edited some lines.*

Edited by popeye

pressing printscreen or somesuch in windows will put the current screen into clipboard. You can then open paint, and do ctrl-v. Save as whatever.jpg (yep it will save as jpg, I was surprised too. :P ) and you're done.

In linux, I just press printscr and it pops up a window showing the screen capture, where and whether I want to save it, and how. But...enjoy windows. :P

S.

I use alt + print screen. It auto saves the files as .png extension. Gnome-screenshot comes w/ Ubuntu.

The gnome print screen feature use to screw up your pictures because it can take them while your screen is refreshed. And it's maybe the same on windows but I can't tell...

So IMO, the best way is to use the ctrl+p shortcut that is provided by the game.

Edited by Schmurk