Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TirunCollimdus

Did you make a mistake?

The forum causes a lot of hard feelings. I am not sure if it is worse between fighters and mixers or players and developers. I am hoping this thread can ease some of the tensions we have all helped to manufacture. I know I have helped make a lot of them myself so this thread is not for pointing fingers. This thread is to tell people be they other players or developers that you want to admit you made a mistake. This is not a place to ask to be forgiven. That would be self-serving. This is about just giving of yourself to do the right thing whether it helps you or not. I hope I am not the only one to take advantage of this opportunity.

Tirun

I think it is pretty obviously that I lost the debate on multiplaying. I went hard after the players on the other side of the debate but I think I pushed to hard on a topic we just were not given enough information on. I am not going to be flooding this thread with posts but I will be looking through my previous hot topics to come back and edit in necessary items since I didn't make a list before starting this topic.

Edit: One thing I am guilty of in a lot of threads is responding to flames. I am trying to be less aggressive when replying to flames these days if I respond at all. I would like to apologize for loosing my temper whenever I have. :P

Edit: Let me be the first one to apologize to Entropy on this thread. I fought really hard against changing restoration. I of course did not see how the change in the magic system would be good for the game. It really worked out well because it made diversity in character builds a lot more effective. It really made a great change for giving the game more flavor. Thank you for getting that change put in Entropy and I am sorry I made so much noise trying to keep it from happening.

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

ok,

I am sorry for everytime I have posted with out thinking or while drinking.

Dam I did it again

Sorry :P

I am not sorry for anything I posted, if i have any regrets it is that i overthink and then don't post in the end.

Saying sorry for things you said in previous posts.. is like denying yourself to a right to your own opinion. Or at least.. reviewing all your posts and trying to set things straight, when you obviously felt so strongly about it at the time is.

I strongly believe that we DO have the right to our own opinions and views, and isn't that what forums were invented for in the first place? And how fun would forumspamming be if everybody who posts something would just get an: ok, I agree, or a No, I sincerely apologize but I do not share your opinion?

This community is like a democratic monarchy: we the people have a right to speak our minds, in the end it is up to the monarch in his evergrowing brickcastle to give a final yes or no. But untill the monarch speaks, or untill a mod decides to end it, or untill we simply run out of stuff to say, no discussion should be avoided, even if it gets a little heated.

Just my opinion...

Please don't take things on EL so seriously, forums and ingame. Have fun. :rolleyes:

Well said :icon13:

'nuff said. Now, lets go back to our regularly schedule game and :bow_arrow: and :medieval: and :pickaxe: .

(notice how each of those little faces are smiling?)

I made the thread to give people a chance to say that they jumped the gun. Whether you thought you were right or not isn't the point of this thread. Yes we are all entitled to our views and perspectives. Things do get taken too seriously though as well. I am not asking everyone to beat themselves up about being wrong. We all make mistakes. Sometimes it is nice for other people to hear us say we made one.

I wasn't suggesting this thread be for flogging yourself or to beg for forgiveness. This is supposed to be just a place where people can see that you know you are not perfect. A lot of the stuff that gets to serious is because of people believing that someone else thinks they are always right. Confidence is not a bad thing when you can admit you made a mistake. I don't want people apologizing for following their own conscience. When we posted all of the stuff we posted we believed we were right to do so. Hindsight though as they say is 20/20. I am talking about using hindsight to say, "No matter how right I felt I was still wrong in this or that case." Don't apologize for who you are or even for who you were if you have changed. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

So I guess this idea is just to let everyone else know that you are smart enough to know when you made a mistake and have the courage to admit it. I think everyone letting everyone else know that there are people behind the posts is not such a bad thing. :)

Tirun

You can even have fun laughing at yourself along with everyone else. That doesn't sound like getting to serious to me. :)