Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

training guide

Sorry to say this but that guide u linked is pure shit, i mean come on p28c40 and 78def on fluff? Why break expensive stuff and waste weeks/months to make money for it if u could simple ts and gain pr0 exp +drops on ogres for next couple lvls? :P

75/78/28/40 - fluffies. Be aware, to train on fluffies at this point, you need good armor and a decent weapon (minimum titanium serpent sword) and probably a crown of life and/or medallion of life. Minimum of 40 coord is essential. You will also need accuracy/coord pots. Fluffies are awesome experience and don't hit for large damage, though they hit often, so defense pots are also recommended, though this will decrease your defense experience.

This guide was written 1.5 years ago, maybe using TS was not as common then as it is now? Anyway, the wiki is quite explicit about the danger and the required equipment, and it was just linked to as "another guide". It does in no way lessen your one and only correct way to level a/d, so why the bitching?

I think the Wiki guide works well for people who:

- have sufficient resources to afford such training style

- do not want to take anti, ph, scotty, hos perks and reset in a future

- do not focus on pk entirely

- do not train on daily basis and for long hours

As they say, there are several ways to skin the cat, choose yours freely ;-)

smooms also did a guide iirc, was a while ago though so it's probably outdated now. Too lazy to search for it, someone else can if they interested :P

I am following this guide on pk server, can you tell me what defense level to start with chinstrap penguins? you say its good to train wolves with 30 defense, but when do i finish that training?

31 def is more than enough for pengs, u need at least 26def but as always-the less def u got the more coord u need to block so later u will deal more dmg coz of might thats comes with coord :)

uni med+steel chain, steel shield, aug pants iron helm+ fur cape should be just fine

thanks mp. by the way i did a reset (only lost 250k exp) just to try this out, and it was really worth it. the wolves build is awesome, i get 500-700 exp out of each wolf, sometimes more than 15 blocks before it is dead. With my old coord build i didnt get many blocks on wolves until my might was so high i had to go to goblins.

I cannot thank you enough for this guide... I was placing my PP in the wrong place, and killing way to quickly.

This guide is PERFECT! I seem to have very long battles with little/no damage to me.

I made a new character to test this guide out, and he's doing awesome... so good, that I decided to RESET JimP (promised myself no more resets).

Thank you again for this....

JimP

PS: Just to give more info to this guide...

Phy 8

Cor 8

Rea 4

Will 12

Ins 4

Vit 24

Att 25

Def 24

I am fighting Chinstrap Penguins and getting Att+41 Def+42

Wearing Leather Torso, Aug Pants,leather helm and boots, Unicorn Med.

Taking little damage... getting lots of xp per penguine...battles last awhile!

What little damage I get, I use HEAL spell to up my Magic. Don't have to cast often... usually just keeping belly full of food is enough.

Getting +451 Att +615 Def = +1066 xp per Chinstrap Penguin!

Once more... thank you for this guide!

PSS: Took me awhile to figure out what TS meant (True Sight Potion). By taking pot, and failing, it temp lowers your DEF, hence more xp!

Edited by JimP

Im glad that it works nice and ty for explanation about ts pots and how to use them :)

That reminds me i have a favour to ask to ppl who might not understand something from the guide:

Always simply ask, if not me im sure there r many others who will gladly answer if u dont understand something and need to ask about it in details.

I tried to use simply language( to not make many mistakes, my english is far from good still :whistle: and as less "special names" as possible, but im sure i used some anyways :P

mp

I make more exp p/h in the spider cave than I did on penguins.. hihi. :*)

Could you give me the location of this cave please... I'm doing great with the penguins, but getting tired of running from Yeti LOL

EDIT:

Ok, went to Spider Cave... large spiders were giving me +37 xp...same set up as with penguins...and they hurt me. Going back to penguins ;-)

Edited by JimP

this is a very good point, the spider cave is an awesome spawn, and even on main server it is often free (i trained there with double ts and 4/4 pc. after a reset, yes i had uber noob stats :icon13: )

While from MPs description penguins sound like perfect training creatures, i dont like the sound of running round a big map with yetis to find them, when there are ~8 large spiders in a small cave and no danger.

can you recommend an ideal build for spiders which can bridge the gap between wolves and unarmed orcs?

Edited by extrapolation

can you recommend an ideal build for spiders which can bridge the gap between wolves and unarmed orcs?

Hmm, well on PK server, I only got to 37 defense, then got bored.

I had, something like 8-12 phys, and 16 coord, but after I while I hit alot. (I didn't TS.)

I also took Will, insted of Vita. :icon13:

My build for spiders would be 20p/c, 12-24 vit and -9 or -19attack thx to ts pots, depending if u hit them often or not.

Wearing human 3 armos and uni med u should block them good enough still, the only problem will be they hit for more than pengs, also they break more than pengs, u will also need around 30def.

They r coord creatures, not like male gobs that simply require phys, but they still hit quite often and for more dmg than pengs, so i would say: train on spiders if u got too high p/c for -19 tsed pengs only ( or pengs tsed at -19 at bad astro and spiders at good astro :P

Trained on spiders couple times but always was hitting them too strong, no matter if i took decent phys and low coord or big coord and small phys, it never was good enough( except some time ago when they first got introduced and were same a/d like now but were weaker from gobs, devs changed that after some time :)

mp

Guest Iron_Man

Thank you for this guide....

Fighting Penguins in Iscalrith.... and like you said, as long as in battle, Yeti won't attack you!

187020784ee0c9b499866348e397ae11ddad180.jpg

My build for spiders would be 20p/c, 12-24 vit and -9 or -19attack thx to ts pots, depending if u hit them often or not.

Wearing human 3 armos and uni med u should block them good enough still, the only problem will be they hit for more than pengs, also they break more than pengs, u will also need around 30def.

They r coord creatures, not like male gobs that simply require phys, but they still hit quite often and for more dmg than pengs, so i would say: train on spiders if u got too high p/c for -19 tsed pengs only ( or pengs tsed at -19 at bad astro and spiders at good astro :medieval:

Trained on spiders couple times but always was hitting them too strong, no matter if i took decent phys and low coord or big coord and small phys, it never was good enough( except some time ago when they first got introduced and were same a/d like now but were weaker from gobs, devs changed that after some time :)

mp

20 p/c is to much, hehe. I've been training spiders since about 24-25 defence, and I make good exp.. But it's not all def exp (Even though I have Def God.) I like the penguins, but they are a pain to train, unlike the spider cave, its small, and easy to train in, and no worrys of big Yeti. :)

But it's each to there own, when I re-made Chosen (A couple weeks ago now..) I didn't even train wolfs, lol I killed a max of maybe 60 for oa exp, and just went to naralik, and trained there. (I had COL insted of iron helm.) :rolleyes:

#Edit - Spelling. :)

Edited by Chosen

Hey MP... quick question... should I readjust my PP placement? My att/def is kinda lopsided (51/60)... I didn't have this guide way back when LOL

I reset to apply your guide, and so far working nicely... just want this to be my LAST reset LOL.

I will not take ANY neg perks again... so might take me awhile longer to get back to normal... but ty!

Kill un-armed Orcs for now, until you reach a good p/c for ogres. (By that time you should have 64-65 def, cos of not taking negs, youll need some more oa.) Depending on your p/c, I would ts down ~5-10 attack levels, and keep your def as it is, take def god, and you'll still make decent exp per, if you keep low enough p/c, save, then use pp's when you have enough for Ogres. :icon13:

My att/def is kinda lopsided (51/60)...

Since u r after reset and perkless im assuming u r at the 3rd point of the guide, so fem orcs tsed 48-50def or male orcs with full def, always -19attack since u need a lot of def and oa xp.

Dunno how much pps u got but p24/c20 is very essential, as soon as u got it then vit 24, then will to 12.

Playing perkless is possible when u train a/d( made 2 times to 145+ oa perkless myself;p) but it really slows u down and also makes u weaker so i would recomend perkless but not after ogres. If u r after reset and want to get ur oa back fast it will often "force" u to take some negs ;)

Example: when u get to 60def and got those 4 neg perks i suggested u got p/c for ogres 21 oa lvls sooner(faster;p) than perkless. Quite a big difference, isnt it? :hug:

However one huge advantage of playing perkless is that u r not so tempted to spend ur pps coz u simply dont have so many of them :rolleyes:

mp

Ok, my stats so far are p/c 8/14... everything else is 4....and I'm sitting on 4 PP. I'm burning Titanium Bars in school for PP's.

Before my reset, I was fighting Trolls... that is how I got up to att/def 51/60. But I didn't get there using this guide... so my pick point placement was all screwed up.I think my phy/cord was 36/36... I was killing them too fast, and taking lots of damage.

I had to get all my nexuses first, so I know it'll take me awhile to get back to trolls... but thats ok. I still believe this guide is the best plan of action for me.

I still want to manu stuff, but I also hope to fight the dragon one day. =)

So as far as PP goes, I thought you needed to bring them all up at same time LOL I would much rather load up HEALTH right away!

So you suggest I get phy/cor up to 24/20 first... and then start raising Vit to 24...and then Will to 12?

Nexus's after you've got all the p/c.. It's SO much easier to get p/c, than take nexus then get pp..

Nexus's after you've got all the p/c.. It's SO much easier to get p/c, than take nexus then get pp..

Well, unfortunately I already got all nexus, and I'm not resetting again... like I said, I don't mind if it takes awhile to get back to normal. As long as I'm on the right course, I'm happy.

So if I read correctly, get Phy/Cord up to 20's first... then Vit...then Will?

Nice guide MP :P

It's definitely not the only guide how to do this, anyone can develop one's own strategy. But MP raises some very valid points, that apply even if you train in CoL/better armour - for example that you train @ decent defense, like 95-100 for fluff etc. This really helps to save your armors.

Also it is one of the few guides that are up-to-date, like deals with astro etc :)

One of the parts I'm not sure about is training clopses (especially without CoL like in this guide). I've trained them w/o CoL and believe, it's pain. And when it becomes not pain, you can switch to fluff anyway :) Maybe you should rather PvP a few def levels instead and switch to fluffy rabbit when you are near 90 def.

Also, what concerns http://el-wiki.dragoncairn.net/el/Combat/Guide: it's a crappy guide of serp-everything-that-is-too-strong-for-you style, no offense to its author. I think I've seen one guy inspired by this guide and boning trolls in full dragon set :P

Edited by vytukas

I'm considering to train my a/d to ~90-100 but i really hate training it :bow_arrow:

So what would you suggest with my stats:

P: 20

C: 32

R: 4

W: 20

I: 4

V: 6

Perks: ICD/MM/FR

My current a/d is 46/51 ... I would not like to reset (i'm buying coord removals atm) ... :P

If you're training so u can PK, might as well #reset now.

ICD = bad for PK and training (no multi training)

MM = pointless for high a/d'er, bad for training (no multi training)

(EDIT: but for a non-pk'er casual a/d trainer, ICD+MM is a good combo)

FR = pointless for serious a/d trainer cause always TS'd.

If you've got your heart set on not #reset'ing, pull 8 pp's off coord (so ur 20/24) and train unarmed orcs.

You could raise your Vit as high as 16 imo, but u wanna make sure u have 4-6 pp's free for when u get to 60's def for ogre, and after that u gotta save much pp's for clops/fluff.

There's 16 pp's waiting for u in Anti/PH/SD tho ;p

Edited by Korrode