Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

New Break Rate

hmm, I noticed a lot of breakage fighting skellies, but its the first time i was able to do this, so Im not sure if this is high/normal?

I think i lost 1 iron chain, 2 augmen pants, 1 or 2 boots, 1 aug torso and fought about 90 or more skellies. I dont have game open to check that number.

I got 2 boots, and one leather armor back and 1 wooden staff. And i had a lot of fun. I did think i shouldnt of lost the iron chain though ;(

2 things first:

- i'm quite a new player so i know that i dont know much of the game yet

- changes of the game maker and owner should be respected (and non-paying players have no right to demand anything)

i just want to add one aspect, since it not only refers to this change alone.

as i read in this thread, the more advanced players just buy more aug leather armor when the break rate is higher.

so in fact, the change is imho harder for players like me (training on large spiders, leos), since i dont have thousands of gc in my sto.

I've seen on other places, that the discussions mostly take into account the older, long term players, which seem to have huge amount of stuff and gc. (which is understandable of course)

I only want to plead for this: just take into account all levels of players and how they are affected. If its only the fluffy problem, that is to be solved, then why making the game harder for players, that are far from fighting a fluffy? If you want to cut on the high end chars, then cut on them directly, dont only make it harder for new players to get there - that seems a little disbalanced imho, and of course new players want to become as good as old players are.

Additionally from my current point of view (see above), i'd propose two things:

- *withdrawn*

- just a thought: consider to introduce aging of chars: that might be a good possibility to limit the number of high end players in the game (think of it as an economy for exp)

last not least: this game is gr8, thx for letting me play it for free :)

Gilrain

Edited by murdock

- eliminate rosto stones from game

Gilrain

No rostos = No money for ent = No castle

Anyway, i think the break rate isnt that high. I trained today for first time since the update in augmented set and CoL with cycs. Did 50 restores and broke just 2 aug torsos and 1 leather boots

- eliminate rosto stones from game

Gilrain

No rostos = No money for ent = No castle

Anyway, i think the break rate isnt that high. I trained today for first time since the update in augmented set and CoL with cycs. Did 50 restores and broke just 2 aug torsos and 1 leather boots

It's also not as if the ectual break rates were change, just one special case that prevented items from breaking was fixed. For most people fighting most things, they won't notice any difference in break ratesm it's only a couple special situations where something might break where in the past it wouldn't have.

i didnt pk for ages.. i come back and first fight i break tit plate of freezing

and bought a brod and after 10 min of having it i break it on the first fight whitin 10 sec

and bought a brod and after 10 min of having it i break it on the first fight whitin 10 sec

lol thats some next level of donnage right there!

Expensive stuff that get destroyed in that manner should have some type of warranty on it or get re-inburst for it because of this new breakrate stuff

Ye i dmged tit pl8 and cuisses and greaves gone in this testing

Must be bad luck - after the kusamura event I had some pk fights and didn't break anything. On the other hand I broke tons of leather in training, but well you can easily replace that. Maybe the durability of some items such as titanium could be expanded, although I had a lot of luck with mine through all the time and I think I never broke a titanium item at all (well I had long breaks from the game but anyways).

Edited by kl4Uz

items breaking quicker -> players will have to replace it quicker

players spend more gc on replacing stuff -> broke players

while this only counts for fighters, broke fighters -> broke crafters

broke crafters and fighters -> unhappy community

that pretty much sums it up.

gj making everyone unhappy and ruining the economy a bit on the main server.

i got a suggestion, why don't you make a TEST server to TEST new changes on before applying them to the main server :D

yep, this week broke steel plate on training

then i logged on, was a NDD - went pk, 5 mins i broke my tit plate and I left...

radu talks always about luck....

but this sucks bad - to give you an idea : like 4 hours total fighting : broke both plates (was using nmt)

ok i break a lot - so i mixed fe and wtf : 20k fe and only 1 efe...

whats the point playing if in 4 hours u need 1 week of harvesting to get back the broken armor ?

seriously, think about it

(nah radu i know u would say deadhead broke much magic armor, i broke thermal serp too, nmt when was breakable after 3 mins fight, red dragon mail,red dragon greaves)

why play if its for afk harvesting ? (answer : buy from shop, faster - ;):icon4: :icon4: :icon4: :icon4: )

Tell me, if your brod or plate of freezing, or whatever lasted 4 years, would you have posted here on how lucky you are?

;) tit plates aren't ingame since 4 years :icon4: :icon4: :icon4:

I am not talking about TODAY, I am talking about some time in the future, 4 years after you got a tit plate. Would you still post about how it's so unfair that it didn't break, while other people plates broke in 2 days?

Armours and weapons are like any other stocks or ingredients for skill use. Plan on using that skill, then you should ensure you have adequate stocks to overcome breakages imo. This "fast food" approach to wanting to play exactly how you want without relying on the work beforehand to get to the stage whereby you HAVE the stocks and CAN replace broken items very quickly is all the fault of the ebul McDomaldinos culture. Remember that, next time you order burger n fries and expect it in your gob within 3 minutes of ordering.

lol just train in newb gear and thats all. Almost every monster would replace both your breaks and your HE/SR's then. (Tho i m not happy with the new change)

I broke ~20 aug pants 3 steel chains 3 steel shields in 2 days of training (12 hours). And feros dropped me around 5kgcs which replaces only breaks.

Increasing gc drops will solve the prob (imo) :happy:

Btw, Ent, your last post is sarcasm >.<

I have no problem with training in leather/chain stuff, but I then wonder, what is steel plate mail good for? With many accuracy penalties, I doubt it's good for PKing, or am I wrong?

I have no problem with training in leather/chain stuff, but I then wonder, what is steel plate mail good for? With many accuracy penalties, I doubt it's good for PKing, or am I wrong?

full steel pro when u don't wanna hit, u said it : accuracy penalties, what u didn't think about is that I and some count it as bonus training stat :P

Edited by Michic0_oL

full steel pro when u don't wanna hit, u said it : accuracy penalties, what u didn't think about is that I and some count it as bonus training stat :P

I know that of course, but now people will fear more about its breakage, so my point was, what it's purpose now, when everyone suggests to use leather/chain on training, that's all, you may have understood me wrong first time.

full steel pro when u don't wanna hit, u said it : accuracy penalties, what u didn't think about is that I and some count it as bonus training stat :(

I know that of course, but now people will fear more about its breakage, so my point was, what it's purpose now, when everyone suggests to use leather/chain on training, that's all, you may have understood me wrong first time.

:P don't train and wait :P

what am I doing now, i'm soo pissed about it i just mix 10k steel bars and gather ingreds myself :P

not that i think break rate WILL whange, but it MUST change

Edited by Michic0_oL

I've been training for a while yesterday and today. I break considerably less armor now. Thank you for the change. :P

After server update yesterday, I noticed an immediate improvement. Thank you, Radu.

I've been training for a while yesterday and today. I break considerably less armor now. Thank you for the change. :o

i didn't notice any change.. :P:pickaxe:

maybe its because i didn't train

LOL

(this broken steel and tit plate in total 4 hours : 3h45 for steel and 5 mins for tit is still stuck in my throat)

but guildie went back to train and kept breaking his armor -_-'

Well, obviously, shit will still break if you fight monsters too much over your level.

(this broken steel and tit plate in total 4 hours : 3h45 for steel and 5 mins for tit is still stuck in my throat)

but guildie went back to train and kept breaking his armor -_-'

You must have a very strange notion of time:

Mon Apr 21 15:37:25 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Steel Shield

Mon Apr 21 15:42:08 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Unicorn Medallion

Mon Apr 21 17:25:15 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Steel Shield

Mon Apr 21 18:08:31 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Steel Shield

Mon Apr 21 18:50:24 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Steel Plate Mail

Fri Apr 25 19:28:30 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Augmented Leather Armor

Sat Apr 26 12:32:08 2008 Player TommyKnocker lost a Titanium Plate Mail