Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

New Break Rate

Ya, no col, srs not stackable and no nmt and when best armor was iron plate, that really gave us big advantage and fast lvling :doze: Anyway, I wanted to see all these moaning about break rates and I went to fight fluff for 3 hours, broke only 5-6 augmented pants and few torsos, nothing has changed drastic as you say. Bet if ent didn't tell ya he changed the rates you'd hardly notice :)

Edit - mp was faster :o

Edited by Dushan

Well i broke alot of stuff in the last days, but i dont care about coz i dont need high quality stuff to train etc, btw im just at cycs with aug armor only (no nmt,but sceptic).... funny nice mag exp. Its always good when you can create the stuff for training for yourself, so there arent problems with going out of resources etc etc.

Keep the break rate high radu, that we could see much more of such posts here :doze:

Goatmoon

awww if you want armor broken, just post more comments like this and i'll do it for you.

anyway break rates just suck nowadays, i wonder why you can't make up some nice idea to get the economy balanced instead of always makin players more poor everyday.

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that all of the players are saying they used to fight in cheaper stuff and everyone can go back to that are not being entirely accurate. There are items now that were massively used back before cooldown etc that now require EFEs. Yes you could use stuff way back then that was effective and cheap but now almost everything that is effective requires an EFE and back then EFEs were everywhere compared to now as well.

If people wanted to use iron plate for training and they lost it there was not big deal. Drops were better and EFEs were half the price they are now at best. Now there is almost nothing but augmented to fight in and it specifically is designed to break fast. The restore spell doesn't work even half as well as it did and we have the attribute cap now as well. Trying to compare how it used to be to train and how it is now to train is like comparing apples and oranges. Things are harder to make. Monsters drop less stuff. There are more players for the spawns that are available. How is sending everyone back to training on weaker creatures they can handle in augmented going to not cause a log jam at spawns?

How can anyone say that this is like it used to be? How can anyone say that this is not a disadvantage compared to the way it was? Toughness doesn't protect your stuff like it did and stuff costs twice as much to make. Healing has to be done twice as often and where are you getting the mana from for that if you can't wear a crown? Most people fight in crowns of life now because the armor let them. Now crowns are basically useless for anything but PK and training on creatures that break them all the time already. Well crowns are still good for harvesters but trainers who aren't on yetis or higher won't be able to use them anymore. No things cannot go back to the way they were. Drops and formulas are different. Let's let Entropy try to fix this problem because it is a problem. Old school does not work with todays EL. Ask TD.

Tirun

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that all of the players are saying they used to fight in cheaper stuff and everyone can go back to that are not being entirely accurate. There are items now that were massively used back before cooldown etc that now require EFEs. Yes you could use stuff way back then that was effective and cheap but now almost everything that is effective requires an EFE and back then EFEs were everywhere compared to now as well.

If people wanted to use iron plate for training and they lost it there was not big deal. Drops were better and EFEs were half the price they are now at best. Now there is almost nothing but augmented to fight in and it specifically is designed to break fast. The restore spell doesn't work even half as well as it did and we have the attribute cap now as well. Trying to compare how it used to be to train and how it is now to train is like comparing apples and oranges. Things are harder to make. Monsters drop less stuff. There are more players for the spawns that are available. How is sending everyone back to training on weaker creatures they can handle in augmented going to not cause a log jam at spawns?

rofl, never thought i would ever see this in my life but tirun just verbally owned you all :doze:

totally right, efes 7kgc each and tit chains break like nothing if people manage to break COLs/steel stuff at around 100 monsters average.

Does anyone know if the break rate depends on the critter?

Or was it just this 'bug' that made fluffy break less armor than Cyclops or Chims because the Fluff do less critical hits?

cyclops + chim = phys monsters, you need good phys/vit to block em decently, with like 40 phys and 4 coord i block cyclops the same as fluffy with 12/20 p/c. so it just depends on the monster.

Does anyone know if the break rate depends on the critter?

Or was it just this 'bug' that made fluffy break less armor than Cyclops or Chims because the Fluff do less critical hits?

It is not based specifically on the critter. It was based on the fact that all critters could not break stuff if you absorbed all of the damage they did. The bug made only monsters that did a ton of damage break a lot of stuff. Now any critter that hits a lot can break stuff weather they do any damage or not. Entropy did a very good job of explaining exactly what breaks stuff earlier in the thread.

Tirun

How can anyone say that this is like it used to be? How can anyone say that this is not a disadvantage compared to the way it was? Toughness doesn't protect your stuff like it did and stuff costs twice as much to make. Healing has to be done twice as often and where are you getting the mana from for that if you can't wear a crown? Most people fight in crowns of life now because the armor let them. Now crowns are basically useless for anything but PK and training on creatures that break them all the time already. Well crowns are still good for harvesters but trainers who aren't on yetis or higher won't be able to use them anymore. No things cannot go back to the way they were. Drops and formulas are different. Let's let Entropy try to fix this problem because it is a problem. Old school does not work with todays EL. Ask TD.

Hmm, I have managed to train my way up without COL and anything above steel chain (except on day of no breaks) quite easily and with probably less than 5mil from pvp training. Maybe people need to develop some actual skills instead of relying on COL and full steel during training. You can use fancy equipment to train and get experience easier, but it should come at a cost.

Edited by LevinMage

Hmm, I have managed to train my way up without COL and anything above steel chain (except on day of no breaks) quite easily and with probably less than 5mil from pvp training. Maybe people need to develop some actual skills instead of relying on COL and full steel during training. You can use fancy equipment to train and get experience easier, but it should come at a cost.

Skills in.. pressing alt+1 a bit more often?

if you use that armor now levin, you'll get owned.

have fun breaking 20 steelchains in an hour :)

edit: btw how do u think i trained back then? do u think i was a rich noob with col and high end armor? lol.

Edited by Tempest

Skills in.. pressing alt+1 a bit more often?

Sorry, I meant stuff like actually fighting an appropriate monster for your a/d, putting some pp into coordination or instinct to help you dodge a blow once in awhile.

That wasn't directed at you in anyway Tempest. My break rates had been slightly higher, but what is an extra 1k cost in 1million exp actually mean to me? not much

Edited by LevinMage

awww if you want armor broken, just post more comments like this and i'll do it for you.

anyway break rates just suck nowadays, i wonder why you can't make up some nice idea to get the economy balanced instead of always makin players more poor everyday.

I think you are going to take a long vacation from the forums if you will keep posting shit like this.

Nevermind, I suspended tempest for one year from the forums, because I just looked at the breaking logs, and he broke nothing (except for a pickax) since the new rate changes. But he is the fucking expert on items breaking, and the game in general.

I am considering banning him from the game as well, for trolling.

Nevermind, I suspended tempest for one year fromt he forums, because ...
Now see, isn't that much more satisfying that "punishing" everyone by saying you won't do a change for comments made by just a few? :)

Now see, isn't that much more satisfying that "punishing" everyone by saying you won't do a change for comments made by just a few? :)

In this particular case, he didn't get banned for bitching, he got banned for bitching without even experiencing the more breaking effects himself, which really pisses me off.

I noticed the changes alittle, when I pvp'd with peach.

Only broke leathers/aug stuff though, so it's not really a problem, people who PvP in top armours, deserve to break them, IMO.

I havent trained much the past 2 days , only about 3-4 hours.

And Ts'd down on fluffs I managed to break the grand total of:

1 leather boots

2 Iron helms

3 Aug pants

I can live with that and as far as I can see it the rates dont affect training that much , unless you used to train in steel/tit armour , I use slightly more SRS and He's now, but get more magic xp , so its not an issue..

( new breaks isnt really a problem, now to work on getting drops increased a tad) :)

also it isn't the end of the world.

Even though the break chances are increased that means we have to train harder. Then that keeps u less bored and makes the game harder and more fun. Also there is no grief day so we won't brake stuff on those days.

i am not really against that new break rate stuff, i pvp'd with chosen for maybe 4 or 5 hours and broke

10 to 15 aug pants, 1 uni med, and 5 leather boots

also lost a rosto but thats another story :omg:

Agreed.

Keep it as it is now, I don't mind training in Augm stuff, np for me. :omg:

People will now have to build there chara's differently again, shame. ;)

3 hours on fluffs, broke 2 aug pants, 2 aug torsos and a steel shield iirc. Maybe a little more than before the break rate change, but no reason to complain.

Here is my less than 1/2 cent.

NPC Purchased gear Quality rating 50%.

Player made gear MAX 100% based on skill level and number made. Plus other factors. IE could be quality of ore.

could have a formula that degrades the % ie you started training with augmented armor 100% it is now down to 50% after fighting at, or around your level.

When armor hits 25% it has a high chance of breaking any time.

YOu could than take your gear when it falls below 50% to "tankel" to repair. The closer the % to 50 the better the chance.

Than you could get rid of all the used, 2nd hand, what ever else for damaged gear.

Possibly you could even add in where PLAYERS could repair gear. would be a great use of the Eng skill.

Again just a quick short 1/2 cents

THis could be a nightmare or it could add a whole new aspect to the game. IT would be the programmer to decide on how easy or difficult it could be to institue. I can see an issue with making armor. When purchasing 10 aug pants who could you guarantee that all 10 of the sets were quality 100 when you goto buy. it might take up more room for say quality in pairs of 10 only stack.

it may even act nicely as a money sink since people would need to make alot more just to make 10 pair of 100% augmented pants. The purchase of leather is what I am getting at here.

Edited by Banedon