Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

New Break Rate

omg i love this, now i dont have to brod to watch people cry over broken shit.

i love that ent made that everyone stuff gonna break :devlish:

edit: oh and i think the breakage of stuff should be increased double more than it is now

Edited by Muridi

That doesnt sound like surprise to anyone I think. Thats the same thing you always say, when some people say they dont like something. (with good reasons)

No, that's the thing I usually say when people keep bitching AFTER I tell them that I am aware of their complaints and I will work at a solution.

Lock it then :devlish: . Much easier, less bitching. And then we might have a chance of getting those solutions lol.

omg i love this, now i dont have to brod to watch people cry over broken shit.

i love that ent made that everyone stuff gonna break :devlish:

edit: oh and i think the breakage of stuff should be increased double more than it is now

Psst, including yours.

You really don't want the chance to be proportional with the damage :)

Sorry, maybe it is the unordinate amount of feroses i'm killing all the day, but i dont get why this would be bad.

I posted the suggestion because, if before the breakage was virtually impossible now it seems a little too much.

Well, then if you go fight a dragon, then you'll always break the armor, since the dragon does a LOT of damage.

I meant this:

- calculate the feros chance to hit me, if it cant i dodge and get my def xp

- if hit scored, it will deal a blow for a potential damage of x (given by its might or whatever)

- subtract from x a percentage of my toughness (since it helps the armor in stopping the damage) ---> y

- y is damage to be absorbed by the armor and the one used to determine breakage. A yeti/cockatrice/dragon will break more than a feros and less than an ogre which is something wanted i guess (pointed out before by Korrode too)

- subtract armor absorbed damage from y. If less than 0 I get def xp, else damage.

This said, i wait for your statistics (obviously keep training :devlish: )

That sound smore reasonable, and Learner came out with the idea to have things break only if the armor abosorbed all the damage.

So basically like this: Calculate the damage twice, once as if it is a normal hit, and once as if though it was a critical hit.

Then take the critical hit damage, and compare it to the armor.

So if you take 30 damage, and the armor absorbs 20 damage, then you get 10 damage because the armor absorbed it, and then calculate if it breaks.

If the damage is only 10, and the armor absorbs 10, but has 10 damage unabsorbed, then it won't have a chance to break.

But I am not entirely happy with this either, because it will be more or less as it was before I made the change.

So maybe the best thing is to make it break only if the armor absorbed half or more of the damage.

But I am still considering it, because of the people who were bitching instead of coming with an useful solution, or STFU after I said I will find something.

damn, i dont think we should get new forumlas since this formula is great and i also think that all mobs should have 2 percent chance to brod players

and the best idea of all is have rabbits have 4 percent chance to bod players

Edited by Muridi

Why were a lot of players PvP and exploiting this "bug" anyway ? Was it because since monster drops keep being reduced PvP training was the most economical ?

Wouldnt players accept a slight increase in break rates if the drops were there to replace items lost ?

BTW those are questions not statements , I havent a clue to the answers maybe someone has

(Whispers in Ent's ear) Next time just make the change and don't tell us. :)

Hex, thats like someone shooting your dog and not telling you why. :devlish:

PLEASE im paranoid enough without retarded suggestions like this...

Why were a lot of players PvP and exploiting this "bug" anyway ? Was it because since monster drops keep being reduced PvP training was the most economical ?

Wouldnt players accept a slight increase in break rates if the drops were there to replace items lost ?

Well, PvP as you want, but no pain, no gain, that's the principle of the game.

If people PvP in their private maps, there is no risk, and the pain is minimal (you can almost do it afk) if you are fully armored.

damn, i dont think we should get new forumlas since this formula is great and i also think that all mobs should have 2 percent chance to brod players

sum1 should declare you retarded. that idea is just a joke. maybe tell us what ur smoking? kk? ty.

these break rates as it is will probly make more ppl reset with training builds instead of PK, and i for 1 would be one of them.

although now ppl have been saying that even good astro your armor breaks? does this not destroy the idea of breakage astro?

~bk

Well, PvP as you want, but no pain, no gain, that's the principle of the game.

If people PvP in their private maps, there is no risk, and the pain is minimal (you can almost do it afk) if you are fully armored.

I think you answered my question there as to why a lot of ppl PvP and exploited this bug.

PvP : Is little pain , no gain (only xp)

Mob fighting: Is a lot of pain , no gain (only xp)

Personally apart from Sun tzu day I hate PvP training .its sooo boring but I can understand why players do it

sum1 should declare you retarded. that idea is just a joke. maybe tell us what ur smoking? kk? ty.

these break rates as it is will probly make more ppl reset with training builds instead of PK, and i for 1 would be one of them.

although now ppl have been saying that even good astro your armor breaks? does this not destroy the idea of breakage astro?

~bk

easy!! trynna call me retarded ? are you dumb trynna insult me just because you be living over seas and got monitor protecting your face. what you trynna do get some attention from people by trying to diss me or something ? so thats how you trynna get noticed yeah ?

Easy solution is--->

1) don't wear such expensive armor when you train

2) maybe instead of maxing out reasoning take some instinct so you can dodge a hit

Please keep it the way it is now. Hopefully people can adapt to occasionally training in something other than full tit/steel armor with COL. If not, it will make it easier for me to climb through the a/d ranks.

i've broke 2 MoL, 1 CoL, and for the first time ever a BP cape... ( i have NMT. and was PKing/training on a bad percent for breakage day) i normally PvP in leather with CoL. never had any probs, the cheap stuff broke a lot easier than expensive and thats ( IMO ) what should continue to happen.... if i pay a high sum amount of money for armor. i expect it to actually do me some good. like CoL, if i buy it i dont expect it to break for a long while ( unless your careless about things ) but if i buy some pants/boots (leather) i expect them to break a lot.

there for comes to my conclusion... why cant we continue to have breakage rates.... BUT! keep the breakage rates on the lower lvl armor/weap very high chance of break.. as for the higher weaps/armor make them very low...

( when i say very high chance i mean breaks mabe 1 every 15-30 min in training) as for the low you kinda get my point errrm well i hope :devlish::) i hope you guys like the idea please reply

Easy solution is--->

2) maybe instead of maxing out reasoning take some instinct so you can dodge a hit

Please keep it the way it is now. Hopefully people can adapt to occasionally training in something other than full tit/steel armor with COL. If not, it will make it easier for me to climb through the a/d ranks.

i dont mind training w/o CoL etc... but how are trainers supposed to make a little of their GC they spend when they train? it costs to make HEs/SRs/armor/weaps ETC its not all free.. but i get your point.. even with low lvl gear you still going to be burning money... just not as fast...

thanks

your fellow player,

Edited by mattyu

Easy solution is--->

I agree, in the times before col &stuff it was possible to train ,too. So calm down people.

Easy solution is--->

I agree, in the times before col &stuff it was possible to train ,too. So calm down people.

yes you can still train and we did back then but one thing! we didn't break armor like crazy now did we?

Easy solution is--->

yes you can still train and we did back then but one thing! we didn't break armor like crazy now did we?

I cant complain, when i train and ogre/cyclops/fluffy eat my pants, i have a good laugh.

*points at LevinMage's quote*

Right you are!

Piper

Easy solution is--->

I cant complain, when i train and ogre/cyclops/fluffy eat my pants, i have a good laugh.

*points at LevinMage's quote*

Right you are!

Piper

yes i agree too but why have them break more...

lol @ marr's pic, been there, done that.

if the caps weren't implemented and this happened, dust would be uneffected if she still played. :D

It's good for the economy, right? So what's the fuss?

*edit=added what's the fuss?*

Edited by popeye

Radu, I fear that this may become an instance where the act of observation is fast becoming the reason that the thing you will be monitoring will give you inaccurate information, looking at the amount of postings up that claim they wont train in their usual gears anymore.

Might have had better accuracy to stats on breakages if no one knew all this stuff changed and kept using armors they would normally use, no? Or will the switch to augs/lesser training gear by those who posted here still give you enough insight into whether some more alterations are required?

*offtopic: whatever happened to the idea that you were gonna tell us WHAT had changed ingame but not whether it was a positive or negative effect? Or was that just applying to mixing rates for enriched items??

*offtopic: whatever happened to the idea that you were gonna tell us WHAT had changed ingame but not whether it was a positive or negative effect? Or was that just applying to mixing rates for enriched items??

What idea?

Just a quick idea about how it could also work: an option would be to keep doing the breakage test on damage but instead of doing it only if it's not absorbed by the armor, testing if it's over a fixed value. This value could be estimated by computing the average damage that 2 two naked players of the same level who are PvPing can deal to each other. I don't know the formula so I don't know if it's feasible because it would depend on several factors...

I also really like the solution proposed by Fedora but yes, items breakage on dragons would be really insane. :)