Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invasion reward points system

the monsters themselves will not differentiate between a pro 1337 top level fighter and a wandering harvester looking for a good place to sit.

I somehow cant see 5,10 or even 100 wandering harvesters who r looking for a good place to sit being able to kill the invasion monsters :)

Lets w8 till idea is implemented, we dont even know exactly who will vote and how things will go, i mean- we can always biatch later, cant we ? :)

mp

Then the players will vote for what special day they want (on the forums).

In case you get more than, say, 12 points in a week, you can have two special days (some hours of each kind, depending on how you vote).

What players will do voting? All players in game or just those who participated on invasion?

Whilst the idea for the new invasion system is great, and a real incentive to coordinate for the benefit of players, if theres going to be a problem with the whole thing then I believe Ateh is on the right track...and its the human element where the voting comes in thats going to throw the spanner in the works. Toomass has already demonstrated that by asking that only "participants" be allowed to vote..despite the fact that anyone online at the time could and should be considered as a participant since the monsters themselves will not differentiate between a pro 1337 top level fighter and a wandering harvester looking for a good place to sit.

I foresee it not being long before the monster killers on this all posting why THEY think only they should have a vote and that the rest of EL can kiss their butts coz theyre the only ones killing anything to gain the points. I dont wish to appear negative but realistically this is what is going to happen, methinx.

You are right and IMO they would just be voicing there concerns, they will see it as " Im risking (increased) armour breaks/rosto's to gain a day I want" and then to be out voted by people who have never lifted a sword in anger at an invasion is surely going to piss them off .. no ?

As others are always telling us on these forums... No risk No gain

But as a whole I think the points system is a good idea :)

Edit:

One solution could be to have two differant point scores:

One point score for : NDD , Sun Tzu , NGD etc

&

One point score for : Triple Harv , Scholars day , Increased rare day etc etc.

The invasions could then alternate between which set of days players are earning points for ( this would be announced beforehand)

At the end of the week Ent will tell us the scores . EG . Combat days have 4 points , Non-combat days have 7 points . These points could then be spent by vote on there corrosponding set of days.

It will give players the option of only going to invasions that earn days they want and would hopefully stop any bitching (maybe not lol )

Edited by conavar

i like this idea.

Maybe every once in a while can u have like skellies and stuff for the weaker players??

Each weak, possibly every day, there will be some small contests going on, mainly "find and kill the invaded monsters", but maybe some other things as well.

At the end of the week, you will have a certain number of points, depending on how well you did.

The idea sounds great!! Just a couple of questions tho;

Would the small contests be held every EL day or RL day? I'm thinking about time zones and those who wish to participate.

Would we still have the current "random" special days?

At the end of the week, once the voting has taken place, how do you determine which RL/EL day and time to hold the special "abbreviated" day?

Edited by marack

Then the players will vote for what special day they want (on the forums).

In case you get more than, say, 12 points in a week, you can have two special days (some hours of each kind, depending on how you vote).

What players will do voting? All players in game or just those who participated on invasion?

I hope that only participants can do the voting

Then there will only be sun tzu days... And how do you think ent will check which players helped. :)

the basic idea sounds great but the rewarding has to be thought of more and deeper. Like...

you say invasions will occure on different times of the day

and what about the rewards? And I do not think splitting up 3 hours of a special day in 3 times 1 hour will be the sollution. There will always be players that miss the reward same as when you enable the special day same time every weekend.

Seems like a good idea on initial thoughts :)

I think it would encourage teamwork, especially now with the ranging skill, as three/four low level people could team up and take a fluff or something. From the way you've described it, this idea doesn't sound like the run-of-the-mill "600 giants/dragons in Bethel" invasion, which requires both high levels and an insane amount of gold. It sounds more like "20 creatures, varying strength but nothing past yeti" which sounds excellent, as even the low level ADers (<50 like myself :) ) will be able to help if they have minimal ranging skills (& bows and arrows obviously), and might even be able to succeed if they work together without 100/100 AD+ assistance :) Invasions with the 1337-can't-touch-this monsters get really tiresome (even tedious) quickly -- beam in, fire off 3/4 ineffective harms or poisons, get attacked by the monster you didn't see behind you, die within four hits, walk back to beam point from underworld. Rinse and repeat x500. Are you still accepting individual invasion designs? If so, I'll be glad to whip up something once I have some free time. :(

However, I must ask are they every day IRL or every game day? I'd assume the former, as having one every six hours would be an awful chore I'd imagine :P and get annoying really, really quickly. Even with that ratio (1 invasion/contest every 6 hours) I think it would get a bit irritating fast (having to keep an eye over but is a bit unreasonable IMO). Could you refine the points/rewards ratio a bit though? 30 Points to get an additional ten spawns means at peak-productivity (really not likely to happen) ten invasions per week. I don't assume to know much about Eternal Lands' mechanics, but isn't that a little much?

-Aph :)

Dunno if its able to make in some way, but people who killed more invasion creatures(higher giving more) could have a bigger part in the voting as in more *points* to spend on the specific vote.

(Talking about the voting for the special days)

Like if we get 6 points, the people who helped much and killed alot in the invasion will have more to say about where the points should be spent.

If it is unfair to low lvls in some way I described it can also be made; Giving points for killed creatured compared to the a/d the certain person has.

Edited by Dannus(Swe)

still like the idea , just have a couple more thoughts to throw out there.

Some of us ( including me ) are thinking along the lines of a community benefit from these points awarded, you know - when points are won the whole community benefits from it by having a special day.

But having re read Ents original post it says nothing about community, nor is it likely to be something that the community can get involved in much UNLESS there are some creatures people under 100 a/d can kill.

Correct me if im wrong , and I hope I am wrong but if only a few people are capable ( or even bothered enough ) to fight these invasion creatures then putting it to some sort of vote will * possibly * mean that if the people who DID kill the monsters dont get the day they want, well they wont bother again will they ?

Hope im wrong

What you're pointing to Ateh is a nice thought, that those who fight and those who don't will be civil as to which days get chosen to benefit different types of players. If the voting seems to be constantly in favour of one particular day, perhaps a weighted randomness could be applied to the voting results (in other words the most asked for day is the most likely but others have a chance too).

As for the actual invasions, well there are hundreds of points to make on those which are magnified by their new regularity. So far so good for myself, a c2 dweller seeking to minimise disruption for today :devlish: The thing I would most like to see in all invasions (which does not really affect people for good or bad except their enjoyment and suspended disbelief) is more roleplay in the messages and structure...

Personally I always felt Aluwen would be better to reward good work against Mortos' hordes :) Perhaps in this set-up it takes less of her efforts to hold Mortos himself at bay, the sooner the invasions are halted. Leaving her with more stamina left to reward us with longer, better days. Also the timings announced could have some significance. Perhaps the 3 points is rewarded for wiping them out before dawn, to reduce the damage to the peoples of draia. 2 points for wiping them out before midday, the height of draia activity. And at a stretch :) 1 point for ending the invasion before the sun goes down, so that the people of draia can sleep soundly.

Finally, with regards to voting. Perhaps we will end up voting for player candidates who can best use our points fairly on our behalf :P I can see a whole community vote, determining whether to save points for spawns or not, becoming messy.

Edit: just added some letters missed out mostly, dodgy keyboard!

Edited by kailomonkey

A possible alternative could be that the days voted on are put on a roster format so its not possible to vote for the same day 2x in a row? once a day has been voted for it wont appear on the voting system til a week or more has elapsed etc.

That way, the voting has a fresh intake of which days to choose from, or...if its spawns instead of days being voted on then the same applies, once a specific spawn type has been voted in, it wont be available to vote on for X number of days.

I see this as being a fairer approach although Radu throwing teh rats out in c2 also works since a lot of lower a/d players got to participate today. Lots of room for pinning this down still, theres hope yet :D

So far, everyone can vote, not only those participating in the invasions, and this might be a problem. If it becomes a problem, maybe I can devise a system so that only those participating can vote, although this will be hard and will require some thinking. One way would be to make all the invading monsters drop an item, then go with that item to a voting NPC and trade it for a vote. By placing weaker monsters along with stronger monsters, even those who just scout can get a kill and make their vote count.

I think this sounds like a fair idea, tho as Ent says, needs some thinking about.

This would also mean that voting isn't just restricted to those who use forums but will directly relate to those who are playing the game and taking part in the invasions.

Edited by SleepyDragon

With this of course you'll have the problem that, when actually fighting invasionmonsters, you don't always manage to pick up the bag right away. Leaves room for others sneaking in and picking up the bag and special item. But, I guess bagjumping like that is in a way participating in the invasion too? :)

That idea from the blog is quite good actually, clear and fair rules on who would vote and high lvls would knew its some reward for killing those yetis and chims :)

With this of course you'll have the problem that, when actually fighting invasionmonsters, you don't always manage to pick up the bag right away. Leaves room for others sneaking in and picking up the bag and special item. But, I guess bagjumping like that is in a way participating in the invasion too? :P

Psssst Selling 10 voting stones 500 gold each :)

Let's buy all rewards from fighters and vote for peace day :)

Seriously though, this is absolutely excellent idea that will definitely spice up EL even more

The key is to spawn such creatures that those who normally hide in storages during invasions could fight

Currently such creatures during regular invasions are usually gone after a few minutes (especially in C1), then the invasion lasts for hours since only high level fighters can deal with the remaining monsters

Good news Entropy. However I had to notice that this has been proposed quite a few times. Sure, not exactly this way, but people (including me) asked for invasion reward system quite a few times.

Anyways, good idea!

Here is what I propose:

I propose an invasion system where right after invasion ends, the server collects all data (who killed what) and rates all participants keeping in mind their combat levels as well (this is very important, IMHO, and will be explained soon). After processing, the system announces globally The Seridia (or Irilion) Protectors (ie players who contributed the most to the protection from invasion), and those guys immediately get GOLDEN, SILVER and BRONZE medals (items which cannot be manufactured, naturally). These items should have special value, and could be used to purchase a very special items from Seridia/Irilion authorities (read 2 NPC made for this purpose). These special items should be a very special weapons/armor that can be purchased ONLY via medals! A good ideas for names would be: Golden Seridia Protector Helmet, Seridia Protector Shield, Irilion Protector Medalion (...)

The system should also keep in mind different combat levels. IMHO it would be very important that players of different combat levels get medals. There are few possible, fair systems to do this, and I would leave it to EL developers to decide which one to pick.

This would grrreaaaatly improve the overall invasion feeling, and motivate players to participate in huge numbers. I would dare to say that this system could make a very large scale event out of every invasion, much more fun than ever.

Cheers! \o/

Edited by Dejan

What about there was an invasion reward point system for each one player?For example killing 20 monsters is one point(for low lvl monsters),killing 10 monsters(high lvl monsters) is 1 point and here it goes....killing 40 low lvl monsters is 2 points etc.

Then when the players collect enough points,they can spend them on items that can buy from the el site.For example 20 points are a js and so...

Anyway the whole idea is nice!

Edited by _lucifer_

is it possible to make a top 5 who killed most monsters in the invasion ? (top list resets till next invasion comes )

and the persons who get in the top 5 get points or something

With this of course you'll have the problem that, when actually fighting invasionmonsters, you don't always manage to pick up the bag right away. Leaves room for others sneaking in and picking up the bag and special item. But, I guess bagjumping like that is in a way participating in the invasion too? :whistle:

since when invasion monsters drop special items? :)

With this of course you'll have the problem that, when actually fighting invasionmonsters, you don't always manage to pick up the bag right away. Leaves room for others sneaking in and picking up the bag and special item. But, I guess bagjumping like that is in a way participating in the invasion too? :P

since when invasion monsters drop special items? :)

Hehe ^^ :whistle: