Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Sky Client Test #1

One thing I have never got to work in skybox is seeing sky objects (clouds,moon,sun,stars etc). I have downloaded and extracted the zip file mentioned in the make.defaults file into the textures directory, and am reasonably sure it knows where my data dir is (or else everything else would be cocking up too) so I am at a bit of a loss.

I should also mention the sky objects (well clouds at least) are visible in the water reflections.

S.

One thing I noticed, in 1st Person view (alt+f) the camera seems to be located

in the waist\groin area. Maybe I'm wrong, or this is in fact, groin cam :)

"Hey, my eyes are up here!"

One thing I have never got to work in skybox is seeing sky objects (clouds,moon,sun,stars etc). I have downloaded and extracted the zip file mentioned in the make.defaults file into the textures directory, and am reasonably sure it knows where my data dir is (or else everything else would be cocking up too) so I am at a bit of a loss.

I should also mention the sky objects (well clouds at least) are visible in the water reflections.

S.

Actually you need the files that are in the zip file given by Roja because you also need a skybox directory that contains xml files...

If it's the case can you take a screenshot of the sky and water please?

Edited by Schmurk

the "cam stuck in ground" bug happened to me too. Without doing anything specific. I will try to reproduce it.

Btw. Backspace doesn't work in this client.

edit: Now it does work again...

Edited by kl4Uz

S.

Actually you need the files that are in the zip file given by Roja because you also need a skybox directory that contains xml files...

If it's the case can you take a screenshot of the sky and water please?

:) Thanks again, I had the wrong set of files. (I grabbed them from the windows zip in the first post)

All good and looking great :)

S.

I like the sky very much, and the new "perspective" the game feels a lot warmer now.

Yes the FP camera is quite low, but i like it.

Btw. The roofs of the houses and caverns from the inside are missing :) is there a way to add them, because i think that first person camera will be used quite a lot in the game after its officially added, but it would be a more real touch to the game if we could see the roofs from the inside.

Oh, and would it be possible to see your legs while in first person camera?

Sincerely,

Zoki

Edited by zoki

roflmao! Yeah I also noticed first person camera was a bit low...can that be made at eye level Schmurk?

I thought I've already changed this long time ago... :)

I'll have a look at it...

EDIT: forgot to take the actor scale in account so it was looking good with my dwarf :D:whistle:

Edited by Schmurk

I like the sky very much, and the new "perspective" the game feels a lot warmer now.

Yes the FP camera is quite low, but i like it.

Btw. The roofs of the houses and caverns from the inside are missing :) is there a way to add them, because i think that first person camera will be used quite a lot in the game after its officially added, but it would be a more real touch to the game if we could see the roofs from the inside.

Oh, and would it be possible to see your legs while in first person camera?

Sincerely,

Zoki

No ceilings won't be added. The game was never designed with this type of perspective initially and it would require remaking way too much at this point.

Seeing your legs in 1st person really makes no sense at all...

Seeing your legs in 1st person really makes no sense at all...

I meanth seeing your legs-body-hands when when you look down (just like we can in real life)

oh and i think that the drop menu with right click on ground is a nice addition

Edited by zoki

I think in all of bethel the camera goes under ground if you just lower it as far as possible, it doesnt get stuck, though, you just see a nice black bar at the bottom of the screen :)

Edited by Dago

Looks nice, but was testing in VotD and when I switched back from 1st person my cursor had disappeared and I was only able to click right in front of me and could not access any HUD buttons or objects.

Here a screen shot I tried to take but my clicking keep happening in the wall so you can barely see the green x there.

n504839904_372417_1974.jpg

I had to open task manager and force quit el since the cursor would not show up on the screen.

Let me know if I need to provide any more info.

Looks nice, but was testing in VotD and when I switched back from 1st person my cursor had disappeared and I was only able to click right in front of me and could not access any HUD buttons or objects.

In fact you were in grab mode (alt-g) so you just need to press alt-g again to leave it. And we're going to add a cursor in the middle of the screen.

Looks nice, but was testing in VotD

Here a screen shot

n504839904_372417_1974.jpg

I'm having more bugs show up. maybe cosmetic. but I have found 2 buildings so far that have moved. If you look at Elf_Ninja's picture you can see the Flower shop has moved 5 tiles to wards the other building covering up the stairs.

A 2nd house that has shifted is in Isla Prima.

LadyBeaandtheshiftinghouse.jpg

The front door of the house on IP at 81,118 is now at 86,118.

I redownloaded the sky file and installed it again, but still spinning the storage room causes game to crash.

Didn't spot the moon, sun or stars yet, but the horizon works fine :)

I'll take another look tomorrow, could have just been a cloudy night or bad timing/direction

I'm having more bugs show up. maybe cosmetic. but I have found 2 buildings so far that have moved. If you look at Elf_Ninja's picture you can see the Flower shop has moved 5 tiles to wards the other building covering up the stairs.

A 2nd house that has shifted is in Isla Prima.

Thank you very much for reporting this! :)

Roja, I'm sure you are aware of the fact that you are now able to see other buildings/insides maps from other maps, e.g. the WS Grahm's secret room from the the secret room in TG, etc.

Does it make sense to list such "bugs" or problems?

If you have compiled the client yourself without cluster_insides then yes you will see other map insides. If it's on and if you're using the official build you shouldn't-there are some places however that do need to be fixed so that this won't happen so they could be bugs.

If you have compiled the client yourself without cluster_insides then yes you will see other map insides. If it's on and if you're using the official build you shouldn't-there are some places however that do need to be fixed so that this won't happen so they could be bugs.

I'm using the W32 build you provided in the first posting of this thread and I saw the problem there.

Ok, well as I said you'll only see that in areas that have yet to be updated. You can post them in the Map Bug Reports forum, thanks :P