Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Final.

Well, tho I do drop in on some friends ingame, I don't keep in touch with everyone, but I thought I'd drop in a line.

I'm doing.. let's just say I'm fine, there are always issues, but I'm ok.

How is everyone here?

But what I really wanted to mention, also why this is in misc and maybe you wonder why you call a topic "final".

About a month or 2-3 ago I got thrown into a contest by my school. I guess in English, you would call it "Succesfull young starters" or something like that. A contest by the government for students, who will create a fictional company, build it out, create a financial plan, etc, etc..

Now, none of us really wanted to go at that, but having no choice, we entered the damn thing and sent in our papers. About 200 teams entered in total. Surprisingly, 2 weeks later, we got told by our teacher she got a mail that me and my friend entered the semi-final with our idea. (10 teams for semi-finals)

We really got kicked in our ass to get to work.. eventually last week Thursday, we had to go and present our idea again, in front of a jury. We gave all we had and today got notified we are now in for the final. (5 teams remaining)

So at this point, something that totally didn't interest me, is now having me all excited, as I now really look forward to presenting this whole thing again in front of a room of people, I'm guessing a lot of them will be company leaders, bank peoples, etc.. And I'm also quite excited because I think we might actually win the damn thing if we can make a good act.

Maybe it is kind of random to suddenly post that here. But it's something I'm quite happy about and I felt like sharing.

Now, gotta get back to work a little.

Maybe cya around sometimes, if you're (un)lucky enough to run into me somewhere. =p

-Blee

Glad to hear that things are going well for ya Blee!

I really hope you win, I'm rooting for ya :P

What is the prize anyway?

who'd have thought that this game could produce young entrepreneurs?

Good luck with the contest :P

:) go Bleeeeeeee go!!! Im rooting for ya. And glad you are enjoying it. And ya what is the prize. Cant wait to see ya bck in EL. Good Luck and keep us posted!!!!!!

Sweets

Blee, all the very best with that! Even if you don't win, it's an amazing accomplishment to make it all the way to the Final! :w00t:

Now I'm just wondering, what idea was your project? Was it, by any chance, to create an addictive game online and have a shop where people can buy the st00f that they need for the game because it's too rare in the game? This totally fictional idea might actually work in reality :sneaky::devlish:

Take care, and eat a waffle for breakfast!

lilcnoot

go work on it so u dont ruin it ;)

GL with it and come back i miss u in NRM ;*(

"A poor warrior abandons his best weapons."

Once you see there is not much use in having "honor" as your best weapon, you will find enough people to OS Markus' spawn. ;)

Glad to hear that things are going well for ya Blee!

I really hope you win, I'm rooting for ya :)

What is the prize anyway?

The prize afaik, is an I-pod along with some other things. We work as a team, so there is 2 of us, tho.. I am thinking they will give one to each of us, tho others disagree with me...

Hey, Blee,

All the best with that!

Just remember to wear a suit and a clean shirt, and not that silly fur hat! :P

Fur hat still kicks your ass... I don't remember how many I had.. but maybe I will check sometimes. But yea, I will wear a clean shirt and suit.

Blee, all the very best with that! Even if you don't win, it's an amazing accomplishment to make it all the way to the Final! :w00t:

Now I'm just wondering, what idea was your project? Was it, by any chance, to create an addictive game online and have a shop where people can buy the st00f that they need for the game because it's too rare in the game? This totally fictional idea might actually work in reality :):P

Take care, and eat a waffle for breakfast!

lilcnoot

"Great" idea. *coughs* With an idea like that, I doubt we would have made it that far.

The idea was to create something new, afaik, we were the only team that entered with an invention. Others made normal shop projects and stuff. I think the original, inovative idea got us to the semi-finals.

The invention: Electronic Kart

Like the karts you use in big supermarkets. But we electronize em, you get yourself signed up to our system and then you can start with the following.

1. You are at home, see you need something, go to the website of your local supermarket, enter somewhere what you need, it gets saved in a shopping list under your name.

2. On Saturday, you go to the supermarket, get your finger scanned, your shopping list pops up a display.

3. A small box unlocks, you take a little transmitter out and put it in your pocket. The kart will pick up a signal from it and follow you around on a safe distance.

4. Go shopping..

5. You got your shopping done, you go to the cashier and want to put your stuff on the conveyor belt. (<- if a spelling error is in there, blame puna.) You press a button that raises the bottom of your kart and pushes the side of it down, so you don't have to bend down to get your stuff, you simply push it from your kart, onto the conveyor belt.

6. You put your stuff in your car, you put your transmitter back into the box of the kart, it will find its way back to its storage place by itself.

That is sort of the idea, how it would work. We are taking a patent too, so it is our idea, protected. :)

We have the whole thing worked out and are currently working on some sort of small version of it, a least a version that would already move around, tho with a remote control, not automaticly follow you.

The cool thing is it is really possible to do this, only a bit expensive to work out..

And to end a rather long post. :P Thanks for all the thumbs up and "good luck"s.

-Blee

Wow, that is a cool idea! I've heard about shopping carts where you can scan your item, so then at the end you don't even need to put it on the conveyor belt, but I like the following around part. I have to smile though when imagining the cart dumping all the stuff out. If the cart is full and you have eggs in it, it could get messy :D

Good luck again and let us know how it goes.

lilcnoot

For any who would like to know.

We ended up on second place, I'm having serious doubts about the final straw where they had to decide who to give the first prize. :P Having strange thoughts about why the other guy won. But nonetheless, we're all done now and second place is very nice, besides, everyone I saw today were winners. ^^

Everyone have a nice morning/day/evening/night. ;p I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day, that's for sure. ^^

-Blee

I heard something about your second place from our auntie ^^

Pity you didn't win, but congratz anyway!

W00t! Congratz big time! :devlish:

Also :whistle: ,tho you don't deserve that much...