Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

change TD back to normal...

Change TD back to normal pk and make old school pk map somewere else....high lvl's can come to DPA and watch and go fight in TD. atm high lvl's come to DPA to watch and then go KF after wards, just trying to bring pk together :rolleyes:

TD being old-school was an experiment, a test to see if PKers really wanted to fight old-school.

So, is it being used? Do PKers in-fact want to fight under the old-school constraints? If yes - then keep it or perhaps move it to a different map. If no - then the test failed and it should simply be reverted to normal.

Old school pk was originally in RoT, then was changed to TD.

I'm going to guess here at your real motivation, based on experience there.

You want to be able to lure people away from DPa to team\summon stones on a player

with rostos functional in TD. When TD was made oldschool this old practice of 'ganging'

people near the DPa was lost.

just trying to bring pk together wink.gif

Sniff Sniff, bullshit-o-meter = true.

Old school pk was originally in RoT, then was changed to TD.

I'm going to guess here at your real motivation, based on experience there.

You want to be able to lure people away from DPa to team\summon stones on a player

with rostos functional in TD. When TD was made oldschool this old practice of 'ganging'

people near the DPa was lost.

just trying to bring pk together wink.gif

Sniff Sniff, bullshit-o-meter = true.

lmao thats not what I had in mind when I sugested this idea......TD is never realy used as it is now. Why leave a nice map un-used????

All that needs to change is rostogol stones working in there.

100% agree . I would leave the map the same as is, no cooldown, no summons, but make rosto's work there. would then imo be a good pk map

All that needs to change is rostogol stones working in there.

100% agree . I would leave the map the same as is, no cooldown, no summons, but make rosto's work there. would then imo be a good pk map

I'm not a fan of no cooldown, but if other people like it, kk keep it, but i certainly agree that making rostos work there is a good idea.

Tis true TD is hardly used.

There used to be regular fights in TD, i found this post of mine from over a year ago that describes it well :)

Whats fun about showing up there is the closeness of TD nexts door.

Exactly, DP arena is where those of us ranked 500-200 a/d wait around for other 500-200 ranked pk'ers to show up for some fun, we dont goto KF because we dont feel like just getting stomped by top 150 players.

It's not about DP arena, its about Tahraji Desert. DP arena is to TD, what VotD storage is to KF.

The day TD was made an oldschool map, the above concept went out the window, and it was made even worse for the 60's - 90's a/d PK'ers. (hopefully Kusamura Arena will help their situation a bit, but it will always lack some elements of PK that u can only experience on a big PK map).

In short, although i do worry a little about reducing the concentration of PK at KF, i agree TD needs to be changed.

I think the timing of this would be perfect to go along with the higher gc drops from monsters in PK suggestion. TD would be a choice map for gc farming, so would hopefully produce many fights between farmers.

[sarcasm]Think about the poor mixers, they are making there lots of stuff with vegetable, even polishing sapphires and even making moon medalions :).[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]Think about the poor mixers, they are making there lots of stuff with vegetable, even polishing sapphires and even making moon medalions :) .[/sarcasm]

Yeah its right, many people mix stuff there :hiya: and at least gc source for MKers (mixer-killer) :P

Btw, just make disable of special swords/armors effects there and the problem is solved believe me :D

m2cents;

-Kad

just my 2 cents :P

I'm one of the TD's mixer ;P and I think that this map works well in this way as it is: the chance to be PKapped is balanced with the advantage brought by mix there eating only fruits...so I think that this map is fine as it is now. Also, IMHO, the non-workin rosto in this map will encourage people to make pk with cheap armors (leather?) or fighting ogres/cycs/fluffies with same dresses :D or just will attract high-levels pkers wandering for good players drop :hiya:

But,I know, this map is almost deserted (it's a desert, anyway :) ) and probably people just don't appreciate its caracteristics. So we can try to make rostos workin'here and see what happen...if will be in more people so will be an advantage for all (is a good map to train on cyclops and fluffy, btw...so the monsters spawns will be more used, in advantage of all other crowded maps with same monsters).

TD seems to be pretty active to me. When i was at DPA lots of high levels would gather then about 5-10 would head to TD to pk. Just keep it as it is. But it is true that if more rostos need to be out of the game rostos should work in there :rolleyes:

This is supposed to be old school PK so rostos are not supposed to work there and it should stay that way. Summoning stones don't work there because it is supposed be old school. I see the uber items as a massive problem in TD. We didn't have uber items back when rostos didn't work did we? Definitely NOT the JSoC. If it didn't exist in old school PK and is a special ability/effect or new item then it shouldn't work in TD. If it is old school then make it old school. Remove the uber item effects that did not work back then to not work in TD now.

IMO that will make the map used a lot more than it is already. Knowing that I don't have to worry about JSoC and that I can use dis rings and teleport when I need to would make me consider using the map myself. I would definitely be using it if the gold drops were raised in PK as per my suggestion thread and these uber items did not work. I think the two of these thigns combined would make a LOT of PK in TD. :laugh:

Tirun

I agree with Tirun and the chorus of others who see a problem with an old school map, where there is no cooldown, but there exists a weapon very much not oldschool which produces the effect specifically removed from that map. I have said as much in previous posts. It is a weapon that on its own turns a battle.

Other than that, I really like the idea of TD being "oldschool" and it being left as is.

S.

Well ok, but my ISP aint 100% perfect (no ISP is), so i'll just be using TD in leathers/Ti long to serp monsters for gc, if u think i'm gonna risk hundreds of thousands of gc worth of stuff on relying on my ISP to not lose service for a minute, you're wrong ;)

About it being truly oldschool; Ti and Steel plates didn't exist back then either, neither did any of the great swords, if TD was made truly oldschool it may well be more used...

Have it so u simply cant enter the map if u have any armor better than iron plate and any wep better than a Ti serp. That'd be pretty cool, i'd use it to PK then :P

Edited by Korrode

I don't see how changing the armors and weapons back to old school will make a difference. The armor strength and weapon strength have grown with each other I think adding ranging to old school PK will make it even more interesting. Just don't make it come down to more than the basics like it used to.

The special effect items are what completely change things and do not fit in at all with old school PK. Take those out and you have players using spells, swords, armors, and potions. When iron plate etc.. were the best items in game they were expensive too, especially titanium serp, so I don't see any difference between now and then allowing the best armors and weapons to be used.

Tirun

Since td is no cooldown map, when jsoc hits you shouldn't it reset your cooldowns to 1 sec so there's no thing to worry about it? Not sure for that since i haven't been pking for some time ;)

Since td is no cooldown map, when jsoc hits you shouldn't it reset your cooldowns to 1 sec so there's no thing to worry about it? Not sure for that since i haven't been pking for some time :P

When jsoc hits u in td u get normal big cooldown like on any other pk map, same was with tigers but at least they got banned from td ;)

I've never been hit by jsoc but can't it be countered by some magic protection? At least it works for tigers if I'm right...

When iron plate etc.. were the best items in game they were expensive too, especially titanium serp, so I don't see any difference between now and then allowing the best armors and weapons to be used.

I am quite sure that the amount of time it took to get the gc to buy an iron plate torso was never anywhere near as high as the time it takes to a Ti plate torso... even considering the changes in how quick a person can make gc.

I'm sure i've seen many "oldschool" pk'ers say just this on these forums, perhaps some of them could weigh in here.

I've never been hit by jsoc but can't it be countered by some magic protection? At least it works for tigers if I'm right...

The magic immunity spell does work to stop white tigers cooling you down, it does not work against JSoC.

The magic immunity spell does work to stop white tigers cooling you down, it does not work against JSoC.

So maybe the problem is here, no?

So maybe the problem is here, no?

lol whats the points of having jsoc then? All of PKers use MI in fights (exc some n00bs :P ).

Then Cotu should disable to SoM effects too... ;)

I suppose it could be argued that the cooldown effect of white tigers is an imbued innate magical ability of white tigers, which can be countered with MI, whereas the cooldown effect of JSoC is not magic-user based...dunno...its a stretch anyway.

Regardless, it is discongruent for normal cooldown to be 1 second or whatever, and another form of cooldown to not be, in the same place, and is hardly in the spirit of the place being a no-cooldown "old school" (whatever the hell that means) map.

*shrugs*

S.

When iron plate etc.. were the best items in game they were expensive too, especially titanium serp, so I don't see any difference between now and then allowing the best armors and weapons to be used.

Iron plate were used for show off and by p2p n00bs so pr0s can kill them faster on pvp with thermal, it has big negatives when fighting vs thermal, if u were pr0 u pked in tit chain+ leathers which were quite cheap( tit chain didnt even need efe in the old times, and iron pl8 needed 1 efe ;) )

Just removing JSoC effect wont be enough, i personally still wont risk losing hundreds of thousands of gc worth of stuff on a lag spike... and i'll bet good gc that hardly anyone else will either ;)

Either making rosto work, having armor/wep limitations, or simply making it a normal PK map again would all make TD more used, but just removing JSoC effect wont... imo.

Lets test and see? first remove JSoC effect, if still map not used, then try rosto working or wep/armor restrictions.

EDIT:

I suppose it could be argued that the cooldown effect of white tigers is an imbued innate magical ability of white tigers, which can be countered with MI, whereas the cooldown effect of JSoC is not magic-user based...dunno...its a stretch anyway.

Since tigers have mana, i always just thought of it as Tigers are casting a cooldown spell on you, whereas a JSoC is an imbued weapon.

(Same for bears and CotM too, MI stops bear mana burn, but doesn't stop CotM mana burn.. and bears have mana)

Edited by Korrode