Eternal Lands Official Forums
TirunCollimdus

High money drop monsters on PK maps.

Giving more gc to "PK" fighters would do nothing more than inflate prices for anybody that did not use the PK spawns.

It's a nice thought wherein players are enticed into PK spawns, and lose their added gc to rostogols. In practice, I'd imagine the same PKers who already strut around in fancy weapons and armor will earn even more gc, while the weaker (or simply non-PKer) fighters will be condemned to a life of poverty. With the stronger players earning gc at an accelerated rate, inflation would result, meaning the weaker players (effectively) earn less gc than they do now.

1 )

Tirun A ) We would assume that the players trying to take advantage of this would actually be wearing rostos. Therefore if they die they won't loose the extra gold they have already earned. Right? B ) The object is to use dis rings etc and learn how to get away from PKers without losing rostos all the time so that it is worth doing. C ) Making friends with PKers who can surprise your would be attacker is also a possibility even if it means hiring them too. .

For those players casually tossing around the idea of quintuple drops from monsters in PK... the end result would be an undesirable paradigm shift of the entire economy, with a possible side effect of more rostogols used until people get sick of dying umpteen times a week to the same few strong players.

2)

Tirun. Can I see the number of spawns in PK compared to the number of 100s a/d PKers please? I didn't think that even with all of them on at once they could be at every spawn. The idea that they could run around PKing everyone at every spawn does not seem feasible. ?

1)

A ) :rolleyes: So players losing a 16k+ rosto for the gain of maybe an extra few k coins is worth it ?

B ) Yes people using diss/tele rings and avoiding PKers is really making MORE PK

C ) Hiring Pker's \o/ there goes the extra gold you made

2 )

There are way more 100 a/d players than PK spawns

ie:

KF :has 3 spawns

TD: ( wouldnt be used because rost's dont work there)

THEL: Has afaik 8 spawns ( 1 being a giant)

Hulda/Imbro: I personally dont know how many spawns they have (maybe someone who does can say) but I cant see it being over 10

total spawns (roughly) 21 ish

at least 200+ 100 a/d players

You could in theory include the pk caves etc in that, but the xp in most of them isnt worth the hassle to train, so players would cutty them, and if you are going to do that you might as well do it on a non-pk map for no risk

There are way more 100 a/d players than PK spawns

ie:

KF :has 3 spawns

TD: ( wouldnt be used because rost's dont work there)

THEL: Has afaik 8 spawns ( 1 being a giant)

Hulda/Imbro: I personally dont know how many spawns they have (maybe someone who does can say) but I cant see it being over 10

total spawns (roughly) 21 ish

at least 200+ 100 a/d players

You could in theory include the pk caves etc in that, but the xp in most of them isnt worth the hassle to train, so players would cutty them, and if you are going to do that you might as well do it on a non-pk map for no risk

So at least 1/3 of the active game population is over 100 a/d?? WOW! I had no idea most of the fighters in game were already in 100s a/d. The forum shows that the game is about half mixers and half fighters. 600 or so people on max in a given day unless it has gone up. 200 in 100 a/d makes it extremely hard to believe that there isn't anyone PKing. TD would be used but even if it was used only sporadically then go back to the letter I wrote to Entropy on the change the TD back to normal PK thread. Also I have repeatedly said that making more spawns could be an option. Hulda and Imbroglio should definitely have at least 10 spawns but I think more than that. We need some input from the developers on stats for all of this stuff. If monsters wandering into arenas count and the PK caves it is quite a few more.

Tirun

[

So at least 1/3 of the active game population is over 100 a/d?? WOW! I had no idea most of the fighters in game were already in 100s a/d.

Tirun

I think you will find spread over the differant time zones there are more than 600 active players .

The 200+ is based on you needing a/d 100+ to be in the top 200 players, so even if saying 50% of these are inactive thats still 100 , and then saying half this again for differant time zones thats 50 100 a/d players for 21 ish spawns, and that not including the countless players over 80 a/d who train fluffs ( who would use KF.Thel fluff spawns)

Edited by conavar

Well if we have 50 players in the hundreds and you put in all of the spawns in Imbroglio and the other places that have caves etc plus TD being back to normal PK or just being used by those willing to risk it and you have at most 2 players in 100 a/ds per spawn. I doubt you would have 2 per spawn but even if you did then you are looking at PKers hunting the players who are hunting the people using the spawns. You have the players in the 80s a/d in groups hunting the PKers who are after the spawn fighters. There are so many possibilities for PK that I can't imagine anyone saying PK is dead anymore. Why not try it?

Tirun