Eternal Lands Official Forums
TirunCollimdus

High money drop monsters on PK maps.

War is about fighting over resources, currently we lack any 'cheap easy' resource to 'go to war' over.

-robotbob

We have that already. Mercury in KF, Hydrogenium ore where it is, the hazmat storage on C2, and, and, and.

Piper

Mercury as I have already explained is no longer worth fighting over. Hydrogenium has inspired a few players to kill hydro runners. As has been pointed out though most of the time hydro runners are safe because everyone including the PKers need the stuff. I have not heard about PK points and any competition over getting them in a long time. I thought they would eventually have a highest rank on the forum for most PK points but I have never seen that if it exists. I have not seen one single post against my idea that is a really valid concern.

This idea would get more people in PK maps and that would mean more PK. Robotbob may not like agreeing with me but he has pointed out very well exactly how and why this is a very good idea. There isn't a solid reason to not do it I can think of and as Piper pointed out; if no one takes advantage of the drops no harm done. If people do take advantage of it then PKers spend more time in PK maps and less time harvesting. People who are not PKers might risk getting killed for the rewards too. No matter how you look at it there will be more people in PK or the change won't make a difference. More PK or no difference. If it can't help and a lot of people think it can help then do it.

Tirun

Edit: Sorry about not getting this all in one posts but I couldn't get the quotes working right for multiple posts. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

this wont make more people PK.

What you need for that is an incentive. before rosts we had drops, now we have nothing. Every other successful PK orientated game has some kind of reward be it drops, honour points, PK points.

all EL has is either the fun factor, which only lasts so long before you get fed up of the constant time and resource drain, or the sadist factor of causing people losses, which is only for a select few ;>

I'm all for the idea though, more money :)

\O/ Better drops on PK maps. This is not incentive to be on PK maps how? If you get people into PK maps with higher gold coin drops as incentive then you have more players in PK and people attacking them just to PK and other players attacking them just to get the spawn. On Tarahji Desert there aren't even any rostos to stop the players from dropping their training gear. We have PK points as far as I know and this would add the extra draw of monsters that drop good enough coin to pay for training on them too.

Tirun

Read the description of Rostogol Stone. People will get more drops from mobs, but they aren't going to drop that if you kill them. Anyone that gooes to TD will be in shitty gear.

and seriously, TRIPLE post? lmfao

Lets make the top players have even more magic armours.

Stupid idea.

I just want to clarify your position.

You don't want pkers to profit because it may cause top players to be able to afford

more special magic armors? So no one should profit to prevent this possibility?

Am I wrong?

Read the description of Rostogol Stone. People will get more drops from mobs, but they aren't going to drop that if you kill them. Anyone that gooes to TD will be in shitty gear.

What does this mean? :)

( It reads to me like:

Read the description of War and Peace, People will eat apples from trees, but they aren't going to drop apples if you eat

them. Anyone that goes to France will eat cheese)

Forgive my silly word addition to highlight my confusion.

People will get more drops from mobs, but they aren't going to drop that if you kill them.

Yeah but, the people will still be in PK to be fought, no?

Drops or no drops, people will be in PK more often, this logically equates to more PK confrontations, which is one of the two goals here.

If i could go into PK areas and make decent gc by serping creatures weaker than yeti, i'd be doing it, often... in full PK setup.

EDIT:

robotbob, lol @ your equivalent of what Lorlen said :)

I don't quite get what he's on about either, i can only guess that he seems to think this is about giving more incentive to PK due to player drops, so i'll spell out for him what this is about:

1. 'PK is not very active in EL. Usually when i go in PK all i can find is some naked, newb merc runner which provides me with little fun, challenge or pk points. We need some highly sought after resource in PK that will attract people to come in, armed and ready to fight'

The answer: Increase the gc monsters drop in PK.

2. 'PK costs a lot. Rostos are expensive and to effectively compete with everyone else i need to use many essences and expensive potions... not to mention armor breakage. EL offers me no good way with my hard earned a/d levels to make gc to fund regular PK ventures'

The answer: Increase the gc monsters drop in PK.

Edited by Korrode

ah my bad, misread what he said.

I still don't see it increasings PK activity to any noticeable degree, implement it so I can find out ;>

oh, and I can still understand what i wrote, I can only assume robotbob has some kind of deficiency going on? Make the connections, take a moment to think about what I wrote and if you still need help feel free to PM me :)

Edited by Lorlen

I remember this idea being suggested in one of the multitudes of 'poor pkers/increase pk' threads. Entropy back then said he'd consider it if I recall correctly, if the search functionality of these forums wasn't less than desirable I'd try to find the thread. Anyways, it seems it's not a high priority, since the "poor PKer" is a myth anyways and the people that would train on PK maps are already doing it.

And then, what increase are we talking about? Doubling fluffy rabbit's gold coin drops is not going to make people that aren't willing to risk a PK map for an (almost guaranteed) free spawn when they can get one where they can go to the bathroom after engaging fluffy without loosing the spawn with a bit of searching. Making gc drops insanely high isn't going to happen either, could somebody post some numbers please?

On another note: The cave in Emerald valley already provides a very nice cash farm... perhaps it just needs more locations like that: nice training with a number of spawns, nice gc serping opportunity (and please: the argument "I can make more on harvesting" is for "non-pkers") and PK.

War is about fighting over resources, currently we lack any 'cheap easy' resource to 'go to war' over.

-robotbob

We have that already. Mercury in KF, Hydrogenium ore where it is, the hazmat storage on C2, and, and, and.

Piper

Mercury is exctractable and I have never seen anyone PKing hydrorunners so far. Hydro is just far far away, that the obstacle, not the PK area.

The reason pkers dont kill hydro farmers, is pkers need the hydro bars to build their charateres, We all want hydro to be as cheap and easy to get as possible. Why would we want to harass the ones that make the bars/swords/hydro mine with high inoragnic nexus and mix the bars?

roflol..i killed many hydro harvesters when they made a hydro run and they still keep selling hydro bars to me.

the main problem is that hydro is far away from normal pk route. i pk at hydro ore only when i get info that some1 is on hydro run.otherwise it's absolutely pointless to go there and wait for possible harvester===waste of time. So i dont think that any real pker has any concerns about killing a hydro runner :hiya::)

Nice idea, and i really dont see any harm if for example fluffies in kf drop 3 times more gold from other fluffies placed on non- pk maps.

If nothing was changed fluffy drops 0-35gc so with trippling it it would be 0-105gc, average 52,5gc per kill, still way less from tigers that r on a non-pk map. am i right?:>

Not to mention fluff got way more health so dies slower :)

Even if it attracts only 3-4 players to train on those 2 kf fluffies their enemies come after them to kill them on training so more pking, more rostos lost and more armors broken, so should be still a big money sink :D

If devs dont belive it will be like that they can always do this only temporary, for 1-2 weeks orso and see the results, if it will be a gold coins farm or maybe a reason to pk more, i think its the 2nd but nothing wrong in trying imho :P

Oh, and Toomass is right, sometimes u can really make great deals from buying from ur enemies, they will sell u even cheaper than to their friendly/ally guilds, thinking that u wont pk them in the future( which u will do anyways :hiya: )

mp

If nothing was changed fluffy drops 0-35gc so with trippling it it would be 0-105gc, average 52,5gc per kill, still way less from tigers that r on a non-pk map. am i right?:>

Not to mention fluff got way more health so dies slower :hiya:

I just want to point out a flaw here :) Tigers are not source of gc coming to game, with tigers gold only changes owner, while killing fluffs, you "create" gold from nothing.

Nontheless, I agree with you however :D

Tigers are not source of gc coming to game, with tigers gold only changes owner, while killing fluffs, you "create" gold from nothing.

They can be transformed into stone which can be sold to npc :)

Yes i know u need many other ings for that but still tiger fur is worth something, 70-80gc now after reducing npc price of tiger stones?

Tigers are not source of gc coming to game, with tigers gold only changes owner, while killing fluffs, you "create" gold from nothing.

They can be transformed into stone which can be sold to npc :hiya:

Yes i know u need many other ings for that but still tiger fur is worth something, 70-80gc now after reducing npc price of tiger stones?

My fingers were quicker than my brain :D Yes, true, I didn't realize that :)

It takes somehow more effort and resources to create a tiger summoning stone than killing a fluffy, doesn't it?

Decent a/d (for fluffs more), decent magic (similar to the one required for fluffs), decent summoning level, both animal and human nexus. Following resources: gypsum, restoration potions, life essences. It sure takes much more time.

All in all, 50ish gc per fluff would be much quicker way to earn cash than making tiger stones. Mind reconsidering this example?

I don't like this idea. Moreover, more people in PK areas doesn't mean more PKing or even more PKers (more PKed if at all). Doesn't sound like a good way of reviving PKing.

It takes somehow more effort and resources to create a tiger summoning stone than killing a fluffy, doesn't it?

Decent a/d (for fluffs more), decent magic (similar to the one required for fluffs), decent summoning level, both animal and human nexus. Following resources: gypsum, restoration potions, life essences. It sure takes much more time.

All in all, 50ish gc per fluff would be much quicker way to earn cash than making tiger stones. Mind reconsidering this example?

I don't like this idea. Moreover, more people in PK areas doesn't mean more PKing or even more PKers (more PKed if at all). Doesn't sound like a good way of reviving PKing.

It does. :)

It won't effect it negatively, but how many people are going to stay and fight, losing lots of HE/SR etc over a 50gc/kill fluff spawn? The gains, if any, would be tiny, really not worth the hassle and also possible loss of rost/drops.

It won't effect it negatively, but how many people are going to stay and fight, losing lots of HE/SR etc over a 50gc/kill fluff spawn? The gains, if any, would be tiny, really not worth the hassle and also possible loss of rost/drops.

Make it 100gc per fluffy then, you asnwered your own question.

Make it 100gc per fluffy then, you asnwered your own question.

Not really, if you stop and think about it you realise that as you make the money rewards higher, all you are doing is rewarding the players who are already strong enough to make money off of other monsters if they want to. If the reward is good enough to make people want to go, it will be big enough that the strongest players will simply want to hold a monopoly over it.

Plenty of people here arguing that it will have no effect (some not, but lots are), so whats the harm in trying it?

i think eMPi's suggestion of 3x the gc is pretty good, maybe 4x....

decent summoning level, both animal and human nexus. Following resources: gypsum, restoration potions, life essences. It sure takes much more time.

Whats all that got to do with a PK'er who kills white tigers to sell their drops.

Mind reconsidering this example?

It's a perfect example, as i say above, all that stuff u said has nothing to do with most white tiger farmers, all they need, simply, is a person who'll buy their drops for gc, of which there's plenty of around.

wt fur = 90gc

raw meats = ~4gc ea

bones = ~2gc ea

White Tigers effectively drop 100+ gc, all that animal nexus, gypsum and stuff is irrelevant unless you're making WT stones.

I don't like this idea.

So... why dont you like this idea?

Moreover, more people in PK areas doesn't mean more PKing or even more PKers (more PKed if at all). Doesn't sound like a good way of reviving PKing.

I think you're wrong, but either way, will it hurt to try it?

EDIT: oh, and some people seem to be implying they think it should be certain spawns that drop more gc, like just "the fluffs in KF", if this is implemented, every single monster in PK should be affected, imo.

Edited by Korrode

I already said I'm for the idea, I'd be one to profit from it, I just can't see it reviving PK. As you, and I have said before, implement it so we can find out who is right ;D

yep :rolleyes:

My post being after yours Lorlen is just coincidence, it's much more directed at some people other than yourself :)

wt fur = 90gc

raw meats = ~4gc ea

bones = ~2gc ea

wt fur = i usually buy em for 70gc each, sometimes for 80 is ppl annoy me with "omg i got no gc im poor buy for 80 pls"

anyway there is only 1 good spawn for tigers, so maximum income of 240~ gc a minute.

+ the idea of making the stones cheaper was the dumbest thing ever. i mean people complain about summoning-festival pk and now stones are 30gc cheaper..

BTW: forget every idea that has to do with money income. it won't get implemented.

Edited by Tempest