Eternal Lands Official Forums
TirunCollimdus

High money drop monsters on PK maps.

To bring PK back make all of the monsters that wander into or are in PK areas drop really good gold or items. Preferably only gold. This will allow PKers to pay for their PKing by actually fighting in PK maps. You can't spawn serp in PK so only the people who need the money will be able to hold the spawns and everyone will be fighting level appropriate monsters to get the gold they need to replace the gear they spent/lost in PK.

As this would greatly increase the number of players in PK maps and areas it would also greatly increase the PK opportunities in EL as well. I can't really see a down side to this. The PKers earn the extra gold by risking getting 'spawn serped' by getting PKed. :) Players who are new to the game here about the great money available in PK maps and get interested in it from the start too. :) This makes the a/d level arenas a great idea too as a LOT more players are going to be fighting/training to get to those uber drops at the top of the PK map list like the Hulda chims which should drop tons of coin. :)

Tirun

Can see what you are trying to do, but only problem is . the strongest players will just dominate the spawns getting richer increasing the gap even more between themselves and the weaker who have to train on loss making spawns , and yes you can team up, but then how do you split 1 spawn between 10

Can see what you are trying to do, but only problem is . the strongest players will just dominate the spawns getting richer increasing the gap even more between themselves and the weaker who have to train on loss making spawns , and yes you can team up, but then how do you split 1 spawn between 10

The higher level players don't have as many spawns available so they would be fighting over the spawns themselves. It isn't like they can run all over every map killing everyone all of the time. If they try that then the usual groups will try to take them on and of course spawns will be free. The game is too big for the top players to dominate every spawn. I am suggesting that an increased number of spawns might be needed too. Perhaps reduced spawns for the highest monsters so the PKers at the top have to fight for them. The drop off between creatures has to be high enough that people won't fight below their level. Remember the higher the monster you fight the more armor you can replace. You have armor and gear for fighting then you can PK.

I was suggesting that the higher level players would, as they say they would, PK more and train less if they had the gold to replace their equipment. The fact that they would have to fight each other for the spawns is what is supposed to keep them from just dominating. The spawns are known so players who want to dominate can be teamed on easily. That is what keeps them from just sitting and gathering gold coin. PKers seem to say that no one is unbeatable anymore so that means you can't just sit on a spawn in a PK map as far as I can tell.

If the highest level players can't be beat then the attribute cap just isn't working. Remember you have to bring gear to defend yourself against PKers and gear for training too. If you just bring training gear you are going to have to clear out if you get jumped. The increased PK activity is what is supposed to keep people from dominating a spawn all of the time.

Tirun

The extra breakage of gear should help balance it out too. The higher level creatures break gear and if you are getting ganged on it breaks gear too. I also figured that you could start the build up of the drops slowly and find a level that works. You don't have to make it an all at once all or nothing thing. Just keep increasing the drops until things pan out. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

It just occurred to me. The fighting pets are first and so there is going to be one more huge money sink for fighters. I don't think there is any problem these days getting money out of the game because of the prices of all of the best gear, pets, new expensive skills etc....

Tirun

It just occurred to me. The fighting pets are first and so there is going to be one more huge money sink for fighters. I don't think there is any problem these days getting money out of the game because of the prices of all of the best gear, pets, new expensive skills etc....

Tirun

Getting the money out of the game with what is going on now and with the pets is a temporary thing. Once people have leveled a bit, and items can be made by players, the money sink will almost vanish.

The drops as I suggested can be changed just like Entropy changes the chances for rare items so that, like now, when no one has the money to PK the drops can be high. When the money to PK is available the drops can be reduced. When players like Tempest are complaining they do not have enough money to PK then obviously we need to get more gold coin into PKer hands right? Leaving the drop rates adjustable seems to solve the problem without becoming a problem.

Tirun

I would also like to point out that you can have more than one pet and the egg prices aren't going down. That will remain a huge sink. I also seriously doubt that this is the end of the money sinks Entropy has planned for us and that isn't even counting the other types of pets. I really cannot see how increasing the drops in PK can be a problem. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

The drops as I suggested can be changed just like Entropy changes the chances for rare items so that, like now, when no one has the money to PK the drops can be high. When the money to PK is available the drops can be reduced. When players like Tempest are complaining they do not have enough money to PK then obviously we need to get more gold coin into PKer hands right? Leaving the drop rates adjustable seems to solve the problem without becoming a problem.

Tirun

I would also like to point out that you can have more than one pet and the egg prices aren't going down. That will remain a huge sink. I also seriously doubt that this is the end of the money sinks Entropy has planned for us and that isn't even counting the other types of pets. I really cannot see how increasing the drops in PK can be a problem. :rolleyes:

actually, i have more than enough gold coins cuz i found a nice way to make gc.

anyway yeh 90% of people who would eventually want to PK dont have the gc for it, monsters dont drop shit nowadays.

I don't like this idea. It is just like mercury in Kilaran Field.

I don't think it will encourage people to PK more. It *may* convince some people enter the PK area, but it's like with ability of reading and writing... The fact you can do it doesn't mean you will use it to post something useful (I don't mean this thread, though. I'm still impressed by Enriched Health Essence, which, to my deepest sadness was deleted.). More people in PK means rather more whining and more people being upset because of PKers. Hence, the effect may be opposite to the one you wanted to achieve. It may happen that only few, strongest PKers, will be happier. Others will stick with Arenas or maybe Kilaran Field.

Edited by Vanyel

I like the idea somehow.

Sure, more money will enter the game then, but PKers wont then harvest stuff to sell it to players or to NPC's.

It doesnt really matter, from where PKers get their money, but when they get more money by killing monsters on PK maps, at least PK maps would be more populated then.

Piper

this wont make more people PK.

What you need for that is an incentive. before rosts we had drops, now we have nothing. Every other successful PK orientated game has some kind of reward be it drops, honour points, PK points.

all EL has is either the fun factor, which only lasts so long before you get fed up of the constant time and resource drain, or the sadist factor of causing people losses, which is only for a select few ;>

I'm all for the idea though, more money :)

Edited by Lorlen

More people in PK means rather more whining and more people being upset because of PKers. Hence, the effect may be opposite to the one you wanted to achieve.

True, but then again, it's their option, not obligation to go there. If you do not want to PK, you won't go there anyway. But potential PKers may be attracted by those extra drops.

But I agree that there is a risk of spawn monopol by top fighters.

But I agree that there is a risk of spawn monopol by top fighters.

Thats right now a fact, no matter how much critters drop on pk maps.

Piper

What you need for that is an incentive. before rosts we had drops, now we have nothing. Every other successful PK orientated game has some kind of reward be it drops, honour points, PK points.

Eh? :)

Like, I don't know. Eternal Lands? #pki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still agree totally with Tirun.

Everyone's counter argument is "Top fighter monopoly"

And we are back between:

Non pkers beliefs about its ability to encourage non-pkers to playerkill,

and existing pkers to playerkill more often.

You cannot get both results from one idea.

This idea will encourage -existing pkers- to pk, and cannot be measured on

how many non participants it will encourage to 'take up' pking.

On the activity itself:

If this new resource is so wonderful that it will create a chasm between the poor and the wealthy, then

why will it not cause a large battle on who controls this resource? Thereby increasing combat in a pk map?

A team of 80ad pkers can take down stronger solo top 100 guys. I highly doubt

you will see a persistent team of top 50s 'camping' these spawns.

This is why the PK contests proved to be effective, drawing in teams to reclaim\retake an area or resource

for a prize. It encouraged existing pkers to pk, the contests did not cause a new influx of fresh pkers.

I believed as a newbie that high level monsters did in fact drop well, and was disappointed to find out first hand, it wasn't true.

Even though I was told this was the case, I didn't believe it until I saw it first hand, assuming 'strong fighters kept this a secret'.

I see this as leveling incentive as well, fighter\pker can be at least break-even if you train hard enough, typical

fighters do not save gc, but immediately dump it back into the economy in purchases.

War is about fighting over resources, currently we lack any 'cheap easy' resource to 'go to war' over.

-robotbob

War is about fighting over resources, currently we lack any 'cheap easy' resource to 'go to war' over.

-robotbob

We have that already. Mercury in KF, Hydrogenium ore where it is, the hazmat storage on C2, and, and, and.

Piper

-robotbob

We have that already. Mercury in KF, Hydrogenium ore where it is, the hazmat storage on C2, and, and, and.

Piper

• Mercury is not valuable because you have to go to ws underground to even storage it

• Hydro Ore is not cheap easy and requires a fighter to have InOrg nex of 6, Read the book, and the immediate region
    around the hydro ore is NOT a pk area.

I love for you to explain where "and,and,and" is located in EL.

-robotbob

Piper

Mercury is exctractable and I have never seen anyone PKing hydrorunners so far. Hydro is just far far away, that the obstacle, not the PK area.

As I mentioned in the pets thread , put the pet food as a harvestable item only in pk maps :) (replace the now obsolete mercury as a fighters money maker)

Edit: or make 2 or 3 pet food bag spawns in KF ( 2 or 3 so one player cannot claim it all )

Edited by conavar

-robotbob

Piper

Mercury is exctractable and I have never seen anyone PKing hydrorunners so far. Hydro is just far far away, that the obstacle, not the PK area.

The reason pkers dont kill hydro farmers, is pkers need the hydro bars to build their charateres, We all want hydro to be as cheap and easy to get as possible. Why would we want to harass the ones that make the bars/swords/hydro mine with high inoragnic nexus and mix the bars?

Lots of random drivel

and that gets you what? Where is the reward? You cannot spend them, they are not an accurate representation of pk skill or prowess. There are no fights for control of castles or towns, no drops and no point rewards which you can spend. PK is merely a money sink, pure and simple. pki is completely irrelevent in this respect.

[*]Mercury is not valuable because you have to go to ws underground to even storage it

[*]Hydro Ore is not cheap easy and requires a fighter to have InOrg nex of 6, Read the book, and the immediate region

around the hydro ore is NOT a pk area.

I love for you to explain where "and,and,and" is located in EL.

But mercury is on a PK map and players go there to get it.

And "and, and, and" are places, like the hydro spot, where you have to go through PK maps to reach them.

Like hydro ore, yes, where hydro ore is, its not PK, but to be honest, that wouldnt be my favorite place to go afk and get my 120 harv limit per hour, so the chance to find there some victims for PKing might be low.

But you can have a look at the PK maps you have to go through to reach those spots, there should be some ppl from time to time.

But since that doesnt attract PKers that much, i say, Tirun's idea with increased monster drops is better, coz the monsters are there at least. So PKers might come and train on them. And then other PKers might come to train on the PKers.

And, if not, who cares. The monsters with increased drops are still on PK maps, but nobody kills them, so nobody get the higher drops, so no harm is done to the game.

Well, my 2 euro cents :)

Piper

Edit: PK maps, not PM maps >.<

*goes to the suggestion forum and suggests PM maps, where you get spammed to death with PMs from the critters there*

Edited by The_Piper

Lots of random drivel

and that gets you what? Where is the reward? You cannot spend them, they are not an accurate representation of pk skill or prowess. There are no fights for control of castles or towns, no drops and no point rewards which you can spend. PK is merely a money sink, pure and simple. pki is completely irrelevent in this respect.

Nice.

So if PKI was something you could spend, like I suggested in the past, you would be for it?

Like you suggested? :)

I'm sure it was suggested before you played ;>

and yes, any type of reward points obtained by killing players would be good, as would player controlled towns/castles which get fought over weekly or monthly.

Like you suggested? :)

I'm sure it was suggested before you played ;>

PKI update post

Jun 29 2007, 10:13 PM isn't the 'olden days' when pki was implemented.

Anyway this isn't a debate on who played longer and is the bigger geek.

and yes, any type of reward points obtained by killing players would be good, as would player controlled towns/castles which get fought over weekly or monthly.

I agree, Entropy is planning player built cities, etc Perhaps in the future this will be solved and old news.

I don't like this idea. It is just like mercury in Kilaran Field.

I don't think it will encourage people to PK more. It *may* convince some people enter the PK area, but it's like with ability of reading and writing... The fact you can do it doesn't mean you will use it to post something useful (I don't mean this thread, though.

This is nothing like the mercury in Kilaran Fields. First of all, mercury is now manufacturable. The mercury in Kilaran Fields is usually only run after by players running in naked anyway. How does that provide any incentive to PK? Pawning newbies may be fun but it doesn't give experience or drops. This idea provides a LOT of trainable monsters that would have higher drops and therefore would actually be worth fighting. As the monsters are in PK that means to train them or drop fight them you have to defend you spawn. This idea is nothing like the mercury in Kilaran Fields at all. The encouragement to PK is the encourage to go into PK maps and defend spawns that are more rewarding than any others in game.

Tirun

this wont make more people PK.

all EL has is either the fun factor, which only lasts so long before you get fed up of the constant time and resource drain, or the sadist factor of causing people losses, which is only for a select few ;>

I'm all for the idea though, more money :)

\O/ Better drops on PK maps. This is not incentive to be on PK maps how? If you get people into PK maps with higher gold coin drops as incentive then you have more players in PK and people attacking them just to PK and other players attacking them just to get the spawn. On Tarahji Desert there aren't even any rostos to stop the players from dropping their training gear. We have PK points as far as I know and this would add the extra draw of monsters that drop good enough coin to pay for training on them too.

Tirun