Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pets implementation

Thats not the reason nimrod

The prices set were made by people like you and me we made the prices

How? Well you see now that we make everything we set the prices for the items we wish to have and sell. Then you complain when the prices change or things become more rare. You want a better freaking economy? Sell your stuff for what you find to be worth. If we all did this GC would go pop in no time :P

Im not friendly with the idea of buying EXP stones to make the Pet able to level up.

IMO leveling up must be only made by the efforts the pet (with the player) made in game, i dont think that the use of any item should affect the leveling up.

About killing higher level monsters (i dont know hot it will be implemented since pets will only have 10 levels) and depending on the time the Pet stays "on-line" i totally agree.

The whole idea is very good and i enjoyed it a lot.

Edited by Tico

Im not friendly with the idea of buying EXP stones to make the Pet able to level up.

IMO leveling up must be only made by the efforts the pet (with the player) made in game, i dont think that the use of any item should affect the leveling up.

And the gold coins in EL are not made by any effort, yes?

Not all gold coins are made without any effort, but a lot are.

Really? How? I am sure most people are interested.

Of course, there are the macroers, but take a great risk, just yesterday we banned 2 of them.

Well we got the evil IRL rich players (maybe they made an effort irl for the money, but not ingame), we got macroers like you said, we got scammers, we got the lucky bastards who find some nexus removals and so on... :D I'm also more for the idea about leveling with training, and not by buying stuff.

Well we got the evil IRL rich players (maybe they made an effort irl for the money, but not ingame)

Yeah, like you said, most of them do make an effort IRL, except for those who just inherited billions of dollars :D And unfortunately I don't think we have any of those in the game :/

we got macroers

Even with macroing, you can't make that much money, unless if you have a very complex macroing thing. And with the risk of getting caught and losing everything, I am not sure it's worth it.

we got scammers

It takes some effort and skill to scam, no? :)

we got the lucky bastards who find some nexus removals and so on... :)

Well, that can happen to everyone, so.. :)

To avoid ppl competing with newbies over rabbit/goblin spawns pet could lvl only on pk maps from killing normal not-summoned monsters( to avoid abusing it on private guild maps when some1 could just summon rabbits for fast kills).

I don't think leveling up pets only on pk areas is a good idea. Not everyone in the game is a pk'er.

Well my suggestion was about fighter pet, other pets might not even fight to gain lvls, no? :D

And if some person who doesnt pk and dont like to pk still wants to have a fighter(pk) pet for example to be stronger when some1 attacks him/her then he or she can always ask a friend for protection.

Many ppl would agree to help( for a small fee or couple srs or HE's, most pkers r not expensive since they never profit from pking, so even small profit+ fun is good enough), of coz its smart to not ask known outlaws/scammers etc but thats up to u to find out who is worthy of ur trust :)

mp

I just think that the pets should have their own creatures to attack. I think that would be more fun for everyone- but especially us who don't pk *yet* ;)

I would want (and try to get) a pet right away, which at my level would take a couple weeks of work. If they could only fight on pk maps it would cost much more (armor, HE's, etc).

My suggestion is for pets to have their own creatures that only they could kill (to level up), and to have pet food depots (a new harvestable). :)

I just think that the pets should have their own creatures to attack. I think that would be more fun for everyone- but especially us who don't pk *yet* :)

I would want (and try to get) a pet right away, which at my level would take a couple weeks of work. If they could only fight on pk maps it would cost much more (armor, HE's, etc).

My suggestion is for pets to have their own creatures that only they could kill (to level up), and to have pet food depots (a new harvestable). :)

The suggestion in here wasnt that the pet could only fight on pk map, it was that they would only BENEFIT exp-wise in those places. But yeah, almost the same since you still need to level the pet in pk and would end up having same costs etc...

The suggestion in here wasnt that the pet could only fight on pk map, it was that they would only BENEFIT exp-wise in those places. But yeah, almost the same since you still need to level the pet in pk and would end up having same costs etc...

If the pets could only level on pk areas, that pretty much in effect requires the owner to travel to pk areas. Who would spend 100kgc and keep the pet at it's birth level?

well, i guess that's why it is called fighter pet... if you don't want to enter PK maps there will be a different kind of pet soon, i think :)

If the pets could only level on pk areas, that pretty much in effect requires the owner to travel to pk areas. Who would spend 100kgc and keep the pet at it's birth level?

rabbit fur collectors?

why are you trying to limit fighter pets to pkers only?

non-pkers might want to have one, too. (like me)

I really think it would be better to be able to train it every where, maybe add a few more spawns if you are so concerned about taken spawns, which I doubt.

the pet will be expensive, there will not be many in game.

well, i guess that's why it is called fighter pet... if you don't want to enter PK maps there will be a different kind of pet soon, i think :)

WHY :) does a "fighter pet" have to be trained on a pk map?? Everyone has to at least start their training on regular maps. I think the pets should be allowed to train on pk maps, I just don't think it's fair (to us newbies) to REQUIRE it. I think the pets should have their own unique characters to kill (which could be on every map).

P.S. I call myself a Noob, but I've been playing for 2 years. The disparity of wealth on this game seems pretty reflective of the U.S. economy (i.e. the top 5% have it all). So until I'm rocking some scale armor and flashy sword, I am a NOOB. :)

Having extra monsters/animals for pets would be ridiculous. It would cause more lag, since more actors would need to be drawn. Plus only a few people will be able to afford a pet anyways, so where's the problem? There will not be that many people training their pets, so let those pets attack everything. That's the point in having them imho.

Edited by kl4Uz

2 things:

1) My suggestion was about training pet in pk, i dont mind if pet can attack and kill things on non-pk maps( will be very annoying for ppl who train when some1 comes with a pet and will auto- attack mobs but not my problem, devs decide if they want it or not :omg: )

2) If u r a newbie to pk and want a pk pet then ask a pr0 player who knows pk to help u, u will learn about pk, u will train ur pet while being protected by a pr0 and the pr0 will get some money/he/srs or w/e u both agreed upon of u :)

( Of course its always good to have a friendly pker who will help u for free, never saw any ingame tho =P )

mp

Having extra monsters/animals for pets would be ridiculous. It would cause more lag, since more actors would need to be drawn.

Not everyone has issues with lag. I certainly don't. The pets should only hunt things that they would in RL. I don't think adding some insects or unique creatures for the pets is "ridiculous" at all.

I think this is a wonderful idea, I just want it to be more original than other MMORPG's.

Yes, but a player effort not a Pet effort.

Having extra monsters/animals for pets would be ridiculous. It would cause more lag, since more actors would need to be drawn.

Not everyone has issues with lag. I certainly don't. The pets should only hunt things that they would in RL. I don't think adding some insects or unique creatures for the pets is "ridiculous" at all.

I think this is a wonderful idea, I just want it to be more original than other MMORPG's.

unique? More like pretty weird... a fighter pet that only attacks insects? What is that a spider that hunts flys? and then you use that spider to sting a fighter? :ph34r: And I'm not talking about your lag I'm talking about the server. Entropy stated before that he doesn't want everyone to have a pet, so there wouldn't be too much server load.

But there are no bunnies in pk maps, so the pet should be quite strong from the beginning.

There r some male gobs :)

Even if ur pet is very weak u can make it win against a giant if u use tactic.

1-2 bear stones so giant attacks them, then ur pet attacks it and before giant kill bears u mana drain him so he begins to attack u, then like 1 minute of fighting( evil 48 cap :) ) and voila, ur pet defeated the giant being a low lvl itself :ph34r:

mp

2 things:

1) My suggestion was about training pet in pk, i dont mind if pet can attack and kill things on non-pk maps( will be very annoying for ppl who train when some1 comes with a pet and will auto- attack mobs but not my problem, devs decide if they want it or not :ph34r: )

2) If u r a newbie to pk and want a pk pet then ask a pr0 player who knows pk to help u, u will learn about pk, u will train ur pet while being protected by a pr0 and the pr0 will get some money/he/srs or w/e u both agreed upon of u :)

( Of course its always good to have a friendly pker who will help u for free, never saw any ingame tho =P )

mp

what about the people who want a fighter pet, but do not want to pk?

fighting is not only about pk, the pet might be able to help you hunt for drops faster(after training it ofc)

I really would dislike it being required to train it on a pk map.

I'd not buy one on this condition.

Ask Ent to sell u a special, trained out pk pet from the eL shop at decent price :D

But seriously- u want a pet that will auto-attack mobs so u can take bags w/o any clicking by urself nor degrading weapons/armors/ using SRS/HE's, u want it trained out to be very strong and u dont want to visit pk maps for such a crazy high advantage? :P

fighting is not only about pk, the pet might be able to help you hunt for drops faster(after training it ofc)

I really would dislike it being required to train it on a pk map.

I'd not buy one on this condition.

I dont see how pets training on nonpk maps would help the big picture, example-if pets had to train in pk maps:

More people training pets in pk maps=more pk...

Also spawn wait times for(nonpk map) trainers can be bad, adding pet trainers to the list will not help.

fighter pet is not=trainer/farmer pet imo :P