Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest AngryPlayer

Unsolvable Problem...

Guest ANGRYGuestPLAYER

Good idea but its been thought about before, and my computer doesnt support DDR2 when thats the cheapest....a 512Mb is like 50$ online...maybe you guys can help me with wich to buy cause idk what type but i used CPU-Id and it told me i have a DDR currtently...Are you allowed to post links to buying/selling website like CompUSA? Maybe you can find me a good deal?...hehe..last i looked the prices are outrageous..

Guest AnrgryPlayerCantPlay

Looks like ill have to quit trying to play this game then, because the ATI Radeon 900 is the only thing i can afford off my dads cheapness. Its not that bad and its only 35$ for 64Mb and 50 for 128mb....But if its not supported then i guess..I CANT PLAY AFTER ALL>.....Noooooooooooooooooo.ooooo.ooooooo....o! THERES GOTS TO BE A PATCH OR SOMETHIN MAN!>..

Guest Guest
Rename or remove your /shaders folder, see if it helps.

Smart pointer, I had the exact same problems as th op, and this fixed it.

Mayhap if/when they have time, the devs might want to look at how the shader engine works, because my video card is not old, and my system is not old, and this is the only game that has problems.

I don't believe a Radeon 9 series is supported. I know that my Radeon 9200 was last usable 2 updates ago

I play EL using a 9600, and it runs fine, with the latest drivers, on Vista.

~75+ FPS.

#Edit - Yeah, I have 1.5GB of it. :)

Edited by Chosen

yeh, but i bet my ass you don't have vista with 756 ram... i remember i tried windows XP with 512ram, 1024, and 2048. with 2048 it was getting slower than it should, i don't know why but under 1gb ram you shouldn't be running vista at all.

Guest angryplayer
yeh, but i bet my ass you don't have vista with 756 ram... i remember i tried windows XP with 512ram, 1024, and 2048. with 2048 it was getting slower than it should, i don't know why but under 1gb ram you shouldn't be running vista at all.

HA JUST TO PROVE YOU WRONG ILL TAKE A PICTURE, MY UNCLE PUT VISTA ON MY XP.

Guest Ryokoujin

Yeah I registered ( Im Angry Player) so be aware that you'll be talking to me and expecting answers for your questions from me asking you a question.

u got a 2,4gh celeron and 766 mb ram... the screen shows not even a bit of what i was talkin about.

anyway i didnt say it's not possible, i just said it would be slower than with windows XP

Guest Ryokoujin

Well...if there isnt any fixes that work for me then i simply cannot play with vista? If i go back to xp would that do any good? my video card has the last driver they relased since 2005...would i be able to play with it? Im not taking any chances and im just going to buy a 1gb ram stick and a new graphics card......AND KEEPING MY WINDOWS VISTA. :omg:

You can always install both Vista and XP at once, and switch at startup.

(/random geek moment)

I got my graphics card for $20, I only get around 20-50 FPS, but it's decent for the price.

Edited by Jaxbot

You can always install both Vista and XP at once, and switch at startup.

(/random geek moment)

or install a real operating system instead :omg:

Guest Ryokoujin

Not changing my OS for this game, im just going to put in a new graphics card and a 1gb ram stick and play something else.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.