Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
piiia

my EL-client doesnt work anymore

hi

i have a big problem since today! i got a error-message from windows right when i played EL that told me "the EL-Client doesnt work anymore". it was in german, so i dont know if i translated right!

the programm closed and since then i cant open it. i can wright my name and my password, but when it loads my settings, the same message appears again. windows tells me that it is looking for a solution, but then it only says: windows closes the programme.

i use windows vista, my processor is: intel® core 2 CPU, T5500@1,66GHz, 1,67Ghz, 2046 MB RAM, my graphic card is nvidia geforce go 7600.

i tried to fix the problem, when i downloaded the 1.6.0-version new. --> same problem, then i removed all files and installed EL new --> same problem.

i had no problems with the update and it worked fine till now! i didnt run any other programme, only my internetexplorer was opened when it happened.

i play now since february every day and never had any problems before. i already looked at the firewall, but it is out! only thing i did different was to let antivir check my system! when i bought my laptop, there was norton installed, but i removed it at once and shouldnt have any effect on EL at all.

i hope you can help me, cause i dont know what to do next! i am not that firm with computer-problems, but i really like to play EL again!

thank you for your help!

piiia :closedeyes:

Hi,

If it worked before, cant you put your pc back to the state before you did the virus scan?

It happened to me in another game that a virus scanners see something unknown and delete it like a virus.

Unlike you i am not able to play EL at all. When i start the program it open in a small white screen but close down after 2 seconds.

Simulair pc as yours:

Toshiba satalite A100, Vista, my processor is: intel® core™ 2 CPU, T5500@1,66GHz, 2046 MB RAM, my graphic card is nvidia geforce go 7300.

I use AVG anti virus.

I have tried with no suksess to update drivers, but all drivers adviced by people who tried to help ingame turned out to be even older as the one i am using.

Driver: 7.15.10.9746 (date 07.12.2006). I have changed different things on advice of others like old man but it did not help.

I disabled the firewall disabled, I tried to play it in XP mode, nothing helps.

I read somewhere that this videocard is making some troubles and i can write to the company but i dont know exact what the problem is so it is kind of hard to write a letter in foreighn language.

I dont get any errors it just close down.

Any help appriciated

Regards,

Pia

aka lanjelin

hi

today i found the error report: (as i said, i am not firm in computer-technics)

here it is:

Problemereignisame: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: el.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.5.0.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 47e976d8

Fehlermodulname: StackHash_7c33

Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 01fef56e

Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 7c33

Zusatzinformation 2: 89e65f8620af42482608fee3cb03db5c

Zusatzinformation 3: 9635

Zusatzinformation 4: 8832e46c122d52922e17656439cac86d

i hope it will help, cause it is in my language (german).

lanjelin, thank you for your post! can you tell me how i put my pc in the state before the virus scan, then i want to try it! but i still dont understand what happened, cause i got no message from antivir, that it found something wrong and deleted it. and i cant also play EL at all. i can only write my name and password and when i press enter it closes.

bye piiia (still desperately hoping for a solution) :P

i found the "systemwiederherstellung" and put my computer back!

i had to install EL new and now, it works again.

thank you, thank you, thank you lanjelin

:P

Hi Piia,

Happy it worked for you.

I never come to the inlogscreen, it crashed already in the first loading.

Well i guess have to accept that i cant play EL when i am not at home. :P

Pia

aka Lanjelin.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this