Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

We need cheaper pking simply but somehow i dont see it coming anytime soon, so yes, lets stick to the suggestions about lvl limited areas since thats what we were asked for :)

mp

Radu already told me that he wont do that... :)

what about getting rid of a/d limited arenas completely and making it so that you can only attack ppl within 19 a/d levels of you?

it makes ppl less scared of getting killed by ppl too much stronger than them but it might be a little unfair to the top a/d ppl, so maybe only being only able to attack ppl within 19 combat levels of you?

I actually like this idea. And so far, nobody has discouraged it.

Think I'll include a little part of my thoughts on the subject :) :

Being a 'non-pker' (that is, someone who has entered PK-areas before, but doesn't do it often) I can't really comment on what killed the PK-industry. I'd hazard a guess, however, at the fact it costs a hellva' lot to purchase all the potions/armours/weapons/essences/jewellery/rostogols needed to even have a slim chance of victory. Implementing a map where only leathers/titanium serpents were allowed would obviously never happen, as using rostogols would be a waste of gold, but it would certainly (well, in a non-pker's opinion) breathe some life into player killing.

Could, if possible, we add in some feature that prohibits the use of certain items in designated PK-arenas/maps? I see people complaining about the Orc Slayer of Mana Nullification, and Jagged Sabre of Cooldown, could we 'ban' these items (or others) from being equipped in battle?

Of course, what items were banned would have to be relative to every arena, i.e. in some areas, JSoC won't function, but CoTM or OSoMN will work, etc.

Edit: Sorry if I'm beating the dead horse here, I'll go look up some places I think might make good PK-zones.

Edited by Aphistolas

Okay this is off topic too but I have an idea. PK is not as active as it could be because the money is gone. Why not put new monsters into the PK maps that have very good drops. If possible you could just change the drops for the monsters already on PK maps. It might require adding more spawns too. The idea. You want to be able to PK you have to train in PK maps. Any PK area in game with monsters in it gives high money drops. This advantage is only for PKers or the people willing to risk getting PKed to train in a PK map.

Thelinor is huge. Tarahji Desert is pretty big too. Hulda is small but I would think making the drops from the artic chims there really high might be enough incentive for the players high enough to risk training there. I am writing this because I agree with Tempest about the amount of money it costs to PK being too much compared to the income and I don't really see a solution in game now since Entropy won't make it cost less. Most PK is with rostogols so PK isn't about getting money. You have to do something to pay for it. The only way to fix the problem is to give PKers an advantage over everyone else in getting gold coin. Why not give them high drop monsters in the PK maps?

There is the possibility of more non-PKers going into PK just for the money. You can't spawn serp in a PK map. The player who wants it the most kills the competition and keeps the spawn. Anyone who complains about being spawn serped in PK can get a forum ban. :) The arenas would then be in high demand. People would be going from one level to the next because they would be training so they can be strong enough to train in PK maps on the high level monsters to get the high money drops. LOTS more PK I would think. I could be completely wrong about this but since I don't see any other way to fix the money problem this is my two cents. :) This would make the PK city totally rock. It might also give us enough PKers to have the arenas on multiple maps instead.

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

what about getting rid of a/d limited arenas completely and making it so that you can only attack ppl within 19 a/d levels of you?

it makes ppl less scared of getting killed by ppl too much stronger than them but it might be a little unfair to the top a/d ppl, so maybe only being only able to attack ppl within 19 combat levels of you?

I actually like this idea. And so far, nobody has discouraged it.

Lemme be the 2nd one who discourages it( 1st was Dushan :) ).

Top fighters with high a/d and combat lvl cant attack any1 else but those 3-5 another players with similar high a/d(or combat lvl) who didnt quit and do pk sometimes.

Its not like u play(train a/d) for 2 years or more( or spend 1-4k$ on a character :P ) to be able to attack only 5 other players in the whole game :)

<quick edit to comment Tirun's post> PKers suggested that idea about 1001 times but Radu doesnt like it at all, i dont remember him even reply to any of those suggestions :)

mp

Edited by masterpiter

dushan didnt give reasons, he just hurt my feelings cos he r mean :)

and i thought about you at the time i suggested it and thought a/d might be unfair to you tops guys and gals, but i thought your combat levels were a good bit closer (still cant check that because theres only a few ppl in the top 50 a/d with privacy off :))

and honestly, how many ppl atm are willing to fight you top ppl, other than yourselves?

Edited by LeoI

Lemme be the 2nd one who discourages it( 1st was Dushan :) ).

Top fighters with high a/d and combat lvl cant attack any1 else but those 3-5 another players with similar high a/d(or combat lvl) who didnt quit and do pk sometimes.

Its not like u play(train a/d) for 2 years or more( or spend 1-4k$ on a character :P ) to be able to attack only 5 other players in the whole game :)

<quick edit to comment Tirun's post> PKers suggested that idea about 1001 times but Radu doesnt like it at all, i dont remember him even reply to any of those suggestions :)

mp

The only reason I said that was because he made a "@ omg!111 This idea suxz0rz!111~~@#'elevenoneoneone11111!" post. It only counts as an argument if you include some kind of reasoning/justification for your stance/opinion, like you did just now :)

Hmmm, that is a valid point, maybe as you progress, the attack-gap grows? I.E. Instead of -19 CL, maybe -29? Like LeoI said, it's hard to know what would be appropriate, as hardly anyone in top #50s AD is private, and nobody in top #10 AD has skills/attributes public.

I'm private too, but that's for entirely different reasons! :P

Okay this is off topic too but I have an idea. PK is not as active as it could be because the money is gone. Why not put new monsters into the PK maps that have very good drops. If possible you could just change the drops for the monsters already on PK maps. It might require adding more spawns too. The idea. You want to be able to PK you have to train in PK maps. Any PK area in game with monsters in it gives high money drops. This advantage is only for PKers or the people willing to risk getting PKed to train in a PK map.

Thelinor is huge. Tarahji Desert is pretty big too. Hulda is small but I would think making the drops from the artic chims there really high might be enough incentive for the players high enough to risk training there. I am writing this because I agree with Tempest about the amount of money it costs to PK being too much compared to the income and I don't really see a solution in game now since Entropy won't make it cost less. Most PK is with rostogols so PK isn't about getting money. You have to do something to pay for it. The only way to fix the problem is to give PKers an advantage over everyone else in getting gold coin. Why not give them high drop monsters in the PK maps?

There is the possibility of more non-PKers going into PK just for the money. You can't spawn serp in a PK map. The player who wants it the most kills the competition and keeps the spawn. Anyone who complains about being spawn serped in PK can get a forum ban. :) The arenas would then be in high demand. People would be going from one level to the next because they would be training so they can be strong enough to train in PK maps on the high level monsters to get the high money drops. LOTS more PK I would think. I could be completely wrong about this but since I don't see any other way to fix the money problem this is my two cents. :P This would make the PK city totally rock. It might also give us enough PKers to have the arenas on multiple maps instead.

Tirun

Oh wow, hell did freeze over :) , I totally agree with Tirun.

I do think that top monsters should drop better, but this idea will prevent just plain 'cash cow' monsters

and promote pk fighting over those monsters.

good post tirun omfg i cant believe i said that. Would encourage people to train past arenas cause only way to get the good drops is to pk and guilds would have to work together to hold spawns. Still dont think having more capped arenas is a good idea it just never works right cause if any1 is gonna abuse a loophole in the game its pkers :laugh:

good post tirun omfg i cant believe i said that. Would encourage people to train past arenas cause only way to get the good drops is to pk and guilds would have to work together to hold spawns. Still dont think having more capped arenas is a good idea it just never works right cause if any1 is gonna abuse a loophole in the game its pkers :)

Thank you. :) As you can see I do look for what is best for the game. My idea isn't going to do me any good. It might actually cause me harm since I could wind up finding the risk hard to resist. The thread in the suggestion forum needs support though so send everyone there. :) At least you can take comfort in the knowledge that we still disagree on the capped arenas. I like the PK city still and I think it would work even better with more active PK. Let's all try to make that happen.

Tirun

tirun iz winnah

honestly imo this is the best pk idea ive read :)

I wonder if radu will implement it... :( He is already trying to shoot gc out of game lol :lurker: