Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

Sux to have max 178 level, it should be 120 or 130 max...

Too late for that. Some people have already reached levels above 130, it wouldn't be fair to rollback them, after they have spent countless hours achieving that.

Too late for that. Some people have already reached levels above 130, it wouldn't be fair to rollback them, after they have spent countless hours achieving that.

Yeah, even tho i have a suggestion about a new normal server but kinda pointless because Ent would never accept it

I'm not a PKer, but I do think that making even more level limited PK areas might and most probably will beat the purpose. The few dedicated PKers there are will be even more spread all over the game.

3 years ago there were very few PK areas (WSC Arena, Tirnym, Tahraji Desert, North NC cave and of course Kilaran Field - didn't list guild maps, there were just few of them *CO*, Just, maybe one of two more). There was, surely, more PKing than there is now with literally dozens of PK areas.

personally i would like to see a big circular map (maybe like a castle) that would have different levels.

the outer level would be 40 a/d. go in another level to 60 a/d and so on right up to 150 or whatever.

2 entrances to each level maybe to stop ppl escaping too easily but enough so it doesnt get abused

probably sucks as an idea :P

Is it possible to make a no drops arena or PK map ? I have no idea if thats possible, but seeing as during the last NDD invasion , everybody went PKing , I think if you want more PK then a No Drops PK map or a few arenas might help.

People would be in there 24/7.

cap a/d at the #1's next level

Indeed, over time that would make up for a lot I think (hope). Its for some part, also a mental issue.

150 a/d cap ftw. Screw the ones who are over it ^^.

Is it possible to make a no drops arena or PK map ? I have no idea if thats possible, but seeing as during the last NDD invasion , everybody went PKing , I think if you want more PK then a No Drops PK map or a few arenas might help.

And no lost rostogols, which would result in less bricks for Entropy :P

If the people who say PK is dead because no one has the balls to get pawned all the time every day by the high level players are right then you are not going to solve the problem by trying to force them to be pawned. Things are different now then they were when the high level players were getting their levels and PKing all the time. Armor costs more. There are more strategic armors and weapons. As has been mentioned some players need to use other skills to pay for their PKing instead of their a/d. PKing is more expensive, more strategic and more spread out then ever has been before in EL. It is not going back.

The entire game is getting more and more about strategy so deal with it and adjust please. What we need is to not complain and keep asking for the good old days. We need new solutions for the new problems associated with PK. The level limited arenas going step by step all the way up to 120 in arenas gives players a chance to PK without being pawned all of the time. Item breakage, loss, and rosto loss are something these days that people will on risk if they stand some kind of chance in a fight. They either want a level limited arena for one on one fighting or friends to help them in multicombat. The PK city idea solves every problem that PK has right now.

It gives stepping stone fights for people who want to work their way up and encourages all PKers to do so. Yes some people would try to own one or more arenas but I think most players given the opportunity to work up to the highest levels will take it. Why have a limited character owning an arena when you can move up to the next one and eventually not only fight at the highest levels but also fight the highest level monsters and get items and money too?

The PK city would give PKers a chance to watch each other fight and the lower levels could learn some tactics as they move from arena to arena all the way up. The nearby storage and multicombat unlimited area would be used more because the PKers would know whether or not their were enough PKers active to actually fight in it. Give PKers a place to use their levels with some chance of success and bring them together as a group in general and a lot more interaction and PK is going to happen. Has anyone come up with any other ideas besides telling everyone who doesn't want to get pawned all day every day to grow a pair? PK has changed so the game needs to change to accommodate the new PK.

Tirun

We can do that for a whole map, or for a specific area, and we are waiting for suggestions here. Preferably, it should be on C2, because the PKing on C2 is very limited.

If you are going to suggest a specific locations, rather than a whole map, please post the coordinates, such as:

x1,y1,x2,y2 (the corners), which combat level they should be, and the map.

Then we can see if we have an agreement here, and if we do, we'll implement it.

Wait, youre asking for suggesting maps/areas for limited PK areas?

And i thought, this is just another thread where everybody voices their very own opinion why PK is dead or why someone is too dumb to PK at least.

Maybe some ppl should read/post less in forums and just grep some stuff and finally *GO* pking, instead of whining.

And not hijacking a thread, which seems to be made for asking for suggestions, where some more limited PK areas might be.

:closedeyes:

Piper

1) It would eventually become old and the map will be as TD is now. NDD's are not often and when they do come, they are special.

2) Ent loses bricks. WTF would you wanna make him do that for?

Solution from a game I used to play a long time ago that had thriving PK

Opt in PKillers.

When you wanted to take the plunge and become a PKer, you typed in a command like #pkiller yes, it asked for confirmation, and if you confirmed, you were then one of the group of players known as Player Killers. These people could fight other players, but only ones who had also become Player Killers. This could occur anywhere, anytime, no safe maps (except for the occasional room that was pacifist). I guess in a way it is similar to total war here, except it is independant of group or guild affiliation.

You dropped items and had something akin to cooldown in this game too.

I realise something though. I imagine if this was implemented, hardly any of the "PKers" here would opt-in, even though they would only be at risk from other opt-in PKers. There will always be an excuse for some people.

Tell you something for free though, the people who did become PKillers swore by it and loved it.

Cheers, S. (PKiller :closedeyes: )

Sorry about not seeing this post apparently i need to learn to use search better LOL

And a pk arena for a/d 10/10 to 20/20 in votd would be great if that is possible

Sorry about not seeing this post apparently i need to learn to use search better LOL

And a pk arena for a/d 10/10 to 20/20 in votd would be great if that is possible

An arena below 40/40 is not needed.. heck.. 40/.40 isn't really needed either. So you must be joking.

Not to mention votd is way too laggy/populated for an arena.

Lolwut?

10/10 A/D newbies running around shouting "I own you n00b!" at each other? In a place populated with +60 ADers? You must be joking...

And you don't need to search for active topics in General Chat...

Well i think Korrode's idea is good but well not all

First, It was MY idea :P

Adding all these capped arena's/maps.. make it even more unprofitable to train a/d :closedeyes: .

There were alot of PK old times because people werent training 20 hours a day.... :P

Personally, I used to sit in KF for most of my EL day. There was some fighting, and a lot of chatting. I'd eventually force myself to go train a bit, but all in all, it was fun.

Nowadays, I wind up training... not because I need to catch up to anybody, but rather, because I find PK to be a constant source of disappointment and frustration. Not from losing fights, but rather because of the PK maps being empty, or the obnoxious chat, #ig's, etc. that result. I can spend 10 minutes suiting up for PK (yes, I'm slow :P ) and get there just in time to watch most everybody disappear, or fight a zoo of tigers and bears. If for whatever odd reason someone dies, I have a lovely flame war to look forward to. By contrast, Yeti never complain. Yeti don't run away when I show up (probably snickering, knowing they will destroy my armor :doze: ). As monotonous as it may be, I find training LESS of a disappointment than when I step into PK.

The attribute caps already leveled the playing field. Let's not force level caps too, just because there aren't enough higher level a/d chars for sale.

Maybe some ppl should read/post less in forums and just grep some stuff and finally *GO* pking, instead of whining.

And not hijacking a thread, which seems to be made for asking for suggestions, where some more limited PK areas might be.

i usually never hijack threads, and i didn't do it on purpose here but, u know i guess the most people just post here cause they care about pk, there is a lil pk action now and everytime something gets implemented that destroys it again, i just want PK to be active for more than 2 weeks just cause some newbies have to cry again.

if people would just listen to Pkers 1 time instead of crying newbies PK would be filled again, and ent would have double of the bricks he has now. cause IF PK gets filled, there are more rostos lost/more dmged armor etc.

EDIT: on ents blog i saw he said theres an average income of 0-1m gc a day, i know at least 3 ways to get ~2 million gc out of the game everyday, 3 efficient ways who wouldn't kill pk, who would probably make it even more active again so ent, and the players would have what they want, bricks, fun, etc.

Edited by Tempest

If the people who say PK is dead because no one has the balls to get pawned all the time every day by the high level players are right then you are not going to solve the problem by trying to force them to be pawned. Things are different now then they were when the high level players were getting their levels and PKing all the time. Armor costs more. There are more strategic armors and weapons. As has been mentioned some players need to use other skills to pay for their PKing instead of their a/d. PKing is more expensive, more strategic and more spread out then ever has been before in EL. It is not going back.

The entire game is getting more and more about strategy so deal with it and adjust please. What we need is to not complain and keep asking for the good old days. We need new solutions for the new problems associated with PK. The level limited arenas going step by step all the way up to 120 in arenas gives players a chance to PK without being pawned all of the time. Item breakage, loss, and rosto loss are something these days that people will on risk if they stand some kind of chance in a fight. They either want a level limited arena for one on one fighting or friends to help them in multicombat. The PK city idea solves every problem that PK has right now.

It gives stepping stone fights for people who want to work their way up and encourages all PKers to do so. Yes some people would try to own one or more arenas but I think most players given the opportunity to work up to the highest levels will take it. Why have a limited character owning an arena when you can move up to the next one and eventually not only fight at the highest levels but also fight the highest level monsters and get items and money too?

Tirun

This is all great and good in theory but not how its gonna work most people will get to the top of the arena they are currently in and then make money to buy armour and alch to get pp's they wont care about training stepping up or anything cause they will pwn in there own little arena. Hell most dp pkers that outgrow dp last about a month in normal pk then spend $100 to buy a dp character and start trying to own dp again.

Most pkers love pk and put up with training they only train to pk so if you take away the need to train then most of them will never train never progress past the arena they are at.

Having stepped arenas is a good idea but by the time most of the people asking for this get to 119a/d they will want a 120 level arena so they can fight in safety there. They will never be happy unless every fight they have is fair or in there favour so yeah they should grow some balls start training a bit and pking a bit more.

Now i will be told that its not fair to ask noobs to get pwned to learn pk. Look at it this way its not fair to take pk away from any1 with more than 119 a/d just so korrode doesnt have to fucking train anymore.

Randmck

Tirun

This is all great and good in theory but not how its gonna work most people will get to the top of the arena they are currently in and then make money to buy armour and alch to get pp's they wont care about training stepping up or anything cause they will pwn in there own little arena. Hell most dp pkers that outgrow dp last about a month in normal pk then spend $100 to buy a dp character and start trying to own dp again.

Most pkers love pk and put up with training they only train to pk so if you take away the need to train then most of them will never train never progress past the arena they are at.

Having stepped arenas is a good idea but by the time most of the people asking for this get to 119a/d they will want a 120 level arena so they can fight in safety there. They will never be happy unless every fight they have is fair or in there favour so yeah they should grow some balls start training a bit and pking a bit more.

Now i will be told that its not fair to ask noobs to get pwned to learn pk. Look at it this way its not fair to take pk away from any1 with more than 119 a/d just so korrode doesnt have to fucking train anymore.

Randmck

Tirun is right. One of the many (many) issues with those DPA characters is is that they are isolated. They own one arena, but how often to they ever venture out? They get to be the king of the hill in a nice little desert. A PK city with arenas close to each other offers motivation. They are no longer the king of the hill because there's another hill right next to them full of people daring them to move up. This is the solution.

Amen to asgnny's posting. More limited maps are just trying to cure the symptoms while not looking at the reasons.

I suggested it before, discussed before, ended up with nothing.

I wonder why ent havent replied yet :P

Btw, this thread was about new suggestions for limited PK arenas/Maps not about Korrode's training shit! @mck

It seems that some people want some new limited PK areas, similar to the one in Desert Pines, but higher level (such as 100).

We can do that for a whole map, or for a specific area, and we are waiting for suggestions here. Preferably, it should be on C2, because the PKing on C2 is very limited.

If you are going to suggest a specific locations, rather than a whole map, please post the coordinates, such as:

x1,y1,x2,y2 (the corners), which combat level they should be, and the map.

Then we can see if we have an agreement here, and if we do, we'll implement it.

I wouldn't say put it on C2 at all. Personally I would remove all the current PK maps on C2, and make C1 have more Arena's to PK in. (Nordcarn, DP, WS.) Increasing the number of PK maps will just add less reason for people to PK. It means they will have to search for longer, check more maps, and that ruin's the point in PK'ing, If you have to spend 20+ minutes going through all the PK maps to find someone training on Fluffys, to then make them waste a Rostogol Stone, is pointless. Which is why I never checked PK on C2, only ever C1 maps.

I suggest moving Naralik Arena, it's a good level arena, and could have alot of PK there, if it was put in a better map/location. I also think there shouldn't be a 100 a/d arena, thats just going to make even less PK for those in the Top50-70 ranked players.

As with the suggestion to move Naralik Arena, why not place it somewhere in Votd. Or Portland maybe.

Another thing that I liked, was on the PK Server, the Summon Stones have a 1/4 chance of working, I think this should be the same for the main server, to stop people summoning a zoo on you. People may not like that idea, but trust me, it works well, it's more about fighting your enemy, rather than summoning on him.

And the idea of a NoDrops Map isn't a good one either. (Check: Here.)

Ty for reading. \o/

#Edit - Added a Quote from KadluB's NDD PK Thread:

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop.

So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos, because they won't need to tain on monsters (they can just pvp there), and no need to go to other PK maps.

So why would I implement something that:

1. Makes us get less money.

2. Makes the current pk maps totally unused (right now there is still some action there).

3. Makes he game easier.

4. Makes the no drops day useless.

Any good reason for me to implement it?

#Edit2 - Added the Link to the thread. :P

Edited by Chosen

If for whatever odd reason someone dies, I have a lovely flame war to look forward to.

I agree with everything u posted except that sentence, personally i really like flame wars,especially when person who flames just died, its pure fun :P