Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

Yes surely you check, but since that is not a common route to pass even if you going to evtr, you won't see if there is someone in arena unless you go a bit north which maybe all does not because of map walk and lazyness.

It is also the simple thing that it actually is in evtr. Sure kusa arena is close, but still the fact it is in kusa which is not a crowded place can't be changed.

People harvesting in evtr mine would surely take a short look just to see if something going on in the arena which just lays some 10 seconds away but going away to kusa would not be the same kind of alternative.

Also a evtr arena would be easier noticable for those people who still does not know about kusa arena.

/dannus

Edited by Dannus(Swe)

omg u guys are crazy...do you rly think PK should be equal fights? ffs i didn't wanna use that word this time but...

grow some balls, PK is not fighting opponents on the same level, it's fighting higher people as well as lower people too.

wtf go train if u get owned... how did we make it -_-'

bought characters :devlish: ( lol not aimed at you TK or Temp just found it funny)

Anyhow its not about "growing balls" for me personally. lol im ranked 170 Att and 99% of the fights I have in pk are with players in the Top 50 , and TK has killed m e afair few times, why ? because I stand and fight and not just diss and run.. so for me I dont need to " grow balls" just be nice once in a while not to have to flash them all the time :lipssealed:

omg u guys are crazy...do you rly think PK should be equal fights? ffs i didn't wanna use that word this time but...

grow some balls, PK is not fighting opponents on the same level, it's fighting higher people as well as lower people too.

wtf go train if u get owned... how did we make it -_-'

bought characters :devlish: ( lol not aimed at you TK or Temp just found it funny)

TK has killed m e afair few times, why ? because I stand and fight and not just diss and run..

because jsocd or cotm works well, just in the end of fight so you have no time to diss :lipssealed: i fight too but i when i know the guy in front uses jsocd, i don't try it :]

More the Naralik Areana insted of making more PK maps. I've said this about 3 months ago, the Game does NOT need more PK maps. It will just make even less PK for those who earned there levels. More Naralik Areana, to Votd, somewhere in the bottom right corner of the map.. See if that increases PK for that Areana.

I hope there are no more maps added, otherwise all this training I'm doing will be for a waste of time. :devlish:

More the Naralik Areana insted of making more PK maps. I've said this about 3 months ago, the Game does NOT need more PK maps. It will just make even less PK for those who earned there levels. More Naralik Areana, to Votd, somewhere in the bottom right corner of the map.. See if that increases PK for that Areana.

I hope there are no more maps added, otherwise all this training I'm doing will be for a waste of time. :devlish:

yes, waste of time to train... otherwise just make high lvl drop more gold for us so there would be a point to train...

because jsocd or cotm works well, just in the end of fight so you have no time to diss :whistle: i fight too but i when i know the guy in front uses jsocd, i don't try it :]

Yeah Ebul weapon cost me a few pki to you lol :lipssealed:

I can understand how some players might fear that too many capped arena's might cause pk to stagnate, as in players not moving from one arena to the next ( as they do in DP), and I can only answer for myself in that a 100 capped arena wouldnt stop me training a/d, because I want to take my char as far as I can. But its a tricky one to answer wether it will or it wont :devlish:

Edit: but I cant see any harm in giving it a try, if it bollocks PK up or the map isnt used, Radu can always change/remove it

Edited by conavar

I have played game for some years now with my main character, RL is taking me away from game atm. One thing i say is training an alt to pk the lower lvl noobs who talk crap to you from the safety of a lvl limited arena is a lot of hassle for very little reward. Does anyone even care about the time and effort it takes for people to get 120+ a/d? What was the point of all my effort to get 130+ a/d? Perhaps i should just be a harvester/alcher because nobody will ever go to KF because they will all TS down and go to lvl limited arenas.

Oh well this game is not just about me :devlish:

Anyway IMO there are way too many pk maps, get rid of them all except 1 map this would concentrate the pkers. As it is people walk around and around the maps missing each other so thinking no one wants to pk.

Someone suggested making KF have lvl limited arenas, give KF a facelift and make KF the ONLY pk map in game. Put in lvl limited, Non lvl limited, multi, non multi, No drop, No cooldown, No rosto, etc areas in the map so people only need to go to 1 map to pk or watch fighting instead of walking from map to map to map to map to map to map to map. Make paths safe like in PK server and leave non used areas full pk.

When i first started only c1 was in game it concentrated pkers to 3-4 maps you had to be in strong guild to train pvp else you had to train monsters. Even so no one guild could hold pk map 100% of the time lots of fun denying use of maps to them or vise versa.

aka ohmygod

Edited by godwyn

Someone suggested making KF have lvl limited arenas, give KF a facelift and make KF the ONLY pk map in game. Put in lvl limited, Non lvl limited, multi, non multi, No drop, No cooldown, No rosto, etc areas in the map so people only need to go to 1 map to pk or watch fighting instead of walking from map to map to map to map to map to map to map. Make paths safe like in PK server and leave other areas full pk or lvl limited.

IMO that would be the best option, but sadly cant see it happening. :devlish: Edit: but I would suggest TD(with rost's once again working there) not KF simply because its a bigger map and more room to fit stuff ,unless people think a smaller map would be better ?

To make maps more used on C2 all that is needed is more resources and/or spawns on certain maps. ie: Fero's spawns are like gold dust, so why not add a couple more in kusa for example. or other mobs on differant maps, which might be better than trying to get a smallish Pk community to spread across 5-10 maps

Edited by conavar

Make Thelinor 100/100 a/d only. If people still don't go (a PK map with a storage...), then I think its a lost cause.

Make Thelinor 100/100 a/d only. If people still don't go (a PK map with a storage...), then I think its a lost cause.

hmmm then if you move the feros,fluffs spawns and giant spawns to another map ( then players over the cap can still train on them) it might make those other maps more used at the same time.

You could also make the top fort "unlimited" a/d and another " non-multi "

Edited by conavar

previous two posts are great idea, but also you should keep spawns in thelinor to generate more competition and more reason to hold the map/fight for it,and even giant spawn could help make pk more interesting, just like fc's attackin people in kf :devlish:

edit:elaborated

Edited by Dago

To think of a way to make pk alive again, I have no idea but I am almost sure that making these capped arenas will not do it. I agree with ohmygod with his point on the higher levels >100. Whats the point of us leveling up if all the pk is going on in capped arenas?

Im skeptical about the only 1 pk map idea because tbh, i only think that may put a bandage on the problem only for pk to become dead again later on.

And tbh, if you look at pk, it isnt all that dead. It isnt as alive as it was once before but its not dead either. The only thing wrong is that people dont have the balls to go in. People sit around/ourside a pk area all day long but never enter the arena. Thats what makes pk appear dead.

And tbh, if you look at pk, it isnt all that dead. It isnt as alive as it was once before but its not dead either. The only thing wrong is that people dont have the balls to go in. People sit around/ourside a pk area all day long but never enter the arena. Thats what makes pk appear dead.

I can totally understand your point and frustration, but I would say for a lot of people its not so much lack of balls, but just they know they cant win so they dont try. High level players are a victim of there own success in a way, they are that pr0 most people know its a wasted fight.

Me I fight anyone, but im just an idiot :devlish:

Edited by conavar

look at old PK.. KF filled, high lvls low lvls fought.. and now newbies complain "omg ent plz maki mi capped arena people with 10 more a/d pwn me helppppp i cant train it needs so much time" ...

i wonder if ent would also implement suggestions of crying PKers.

The magic word :lipssealed:

I must agree though....everyone is scared. On NDD everyone goes pking it seems. I think anyone who goes and pks on NDD only should be shot :whistle:

PK limit is needed.....to much is bad though. a 40/40 a/d 60/60 a/d and a 80/80 a/d is fine but NOT narlik :whistle:

Hope I dont sound to winey :devlish:

LAST THING: I once sugested a "pk channel" were all pkers hang so everyone knows were everyone else is buy simply asking on that channel....no more wandering KF or bouncing to c2....just ask and go..

Edited by exeus101

Why pk is dead?

arena cap is not the problem

not many people play this game.if there were 50k + players then there would be pk action for everyone low lvl or high and more players;more bricks for ent.

all the real ebul pkers left or got banned,im the only one left. :devlish:

Isn't there a pk arena on egratia point? I'm pretty sure there's on on Melinis, and I've been to another on c2, just don't remember the map. My allies told me how to get there and we fought. What's wrong with using one of them? I don't pk, we pvp'd. Just curious.

People sit around/ourside a pk area all day long but never enter the arena. Thats what makes pk appear dead.

Isn't it dead then? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not even going to talk about the level limited idea in itself.

I've explained my position and reasoning in detail, many times before, across like 4 other threads... and in those threads i have countered every single point against the idea made in this thread.

I do wanna comment on the lack of usage so far of the Kusamura arena;

I think it's pathetic. I'm disgusted with every 80-99 a/d PK'er. The whole time that arena has been in not once has L.A. received an #ig calling the 80-99 a/d PK'ers out, and the 80-99 a/d'ers in L.A. have never sent an #ig either.

If the 80-99 PK'ers in EL really want to have some fair fights and not just get owned instantly by the likes of TK and me, make the arena work, dont just walk by and glance at it once a week, call people to it in #ig and channel 4/24.

--------------------

@The make Thelinor 100 a/d idea

Hope you dont get too offended Ace, but this is another blatant example of a bad idea about PK from a non-PK'er.

Thelinor is WAY too big.

--------------------

Anyone who hasn't read all the previous discussion about level limited arenas and similar PK suggestions/issues should not be posting on this thread, here's some links:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41401

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41535

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41769

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41857

--------------------

Actually on-topic @ Entropy:

I still think the "PK City" idea would be best, and would be bursting with PK action.

Various level limited arenas, a non-limited single-combat arena, and a big non-limited multi-combat PK field all on the one map would absolutely pwn.

Maybe turn Thelinor into this.

Expand the size of the city significantly (obviously reducing the size of the PK field outside, which is a good thing) and put in a variety of level limited arenas,.. oh, and the city will need a gate so giants cant get in... at first i was going to suggested removing the giants all together, but keeping one of them out in the multi-combat field causing chaos might be ok.

If you really don't want to do that, a 100 a/d arena near storage in EVTR would be best (yes even closer than the Kusa arena is to EV sto :D)... or, inside the city in Idaloran (not in a building, just an arena within the city walls, near storage)

Edited by Korrode

I look at it this way some one with 60 a/d atm has no where to really pk they are too strong for dp and naralik is never used. So this player with 60 a/d has no1 he can kill in pk maps cause most of the time any1 lower than him is at dp and any1 everywhere else is too strong. Then the follow on effect is this the next guy with 70 a/d has no1 to pk cause he cant fight at DP and no1 with 60 a/d enters normal pk cause its pointless. Then a guy with 80 a/d wont enter pk maps cause every1 with 60 and 70 a/d wont cause its pointless for them etc etc. i think you get where iam going herelike a food chain all the way up to 130+ a/d players.

So to combat this you can put in more capped arenas which is a great idea in theory gives every1 fair fights etc etc. but in practice 1 or 2 players get to this a/d cap alch for oa's and gc and own the whole arena anyway making it pointless for any1 else to pk there.

Another way to solve the problem would be too remove capped arenas altogether then a guy with 40 a/d would be out and about pking anywhere giving people stronger than him a reason to pk and then the guy above him has a reason to pk and it goes up the food chain. The problem with this is a guy with 40 a/d might run into a guy with 130 a/d and get pwned or he might run into a guy with 35 a/d and pwn i think that is the way it should be imo you take a risk for a kill and you might get killed. Ther is plenty of arenas out there for people to pvp in and pk in its not like a top player can just follow you around to kill you and its get every1 out and about pking i hope. anyway just my longwinded 2 cents worth hope i made sense.

The entire PK is dead thing came about around same time DP became 40/40 only

It's just lots of people never leveling so they can feel pr0 by killing some one else with near same stats.

Well imo it's good Level limited is nice. However, people are over using it and then complain when pk never starts... No one ever roams around, they stick to a single solitary spot.

If every one were looking for pk we'd find each other eventually no?

The best idea I can up with;

Put the trassian fighting school to good use, close to store, there are glamor tele rings for those fast enough on the keyboard to tele to a near by map and there are 4 seperate fighting areas there close to each other iirc. So if each arena there could have different level caps it may work.

Further elaboration on the make Thelinor PK city idea:

theli.png

Imagine the fun!

MS paint ftw! :D

EDIT:

and actually, turn all those arena rectangles so they're vertical.

Edited by Korrode

Further elaboration on the make Thelinor PK city idea:

theli.png

Imagine the fun!

MS paint ftw! :D

EDIT:

and actually, turn all those arena rectangles so they're vertical.

I agree, this would be quite fun, to be able to watch the other fights and have an arena for your a/d to fight in. On the other hand, if we had all the capped arena's in one place, it could take PK away from every other place...

I think this idea would be worth a try, though :D