Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

It seems that some people want some new limited PK areas, similar to the one in Desert Pines, but higher level (such as 100).

We can do that for a whole map, or for a specific area, and we are waiting for suggestions here. Preferably, it should be on C2, because the PKing on C2 is very limited.

If you are going to suggest a specific locations, rather than a whole map, please post the coordinates, such as:

x1,y1,x2,y2 (the corners), which combat level they should be, and the map.

Then we can see if we have an agreement here, and if we do, we'll implement it.

People complain about dead pk....

If we split pk even more... what will happen ?

Check DP : active...

Naralik ? NO ONE....

maps will, or be useless - unused / split pk more which will suck.

just my 2cent

@ Michic0_oL dude narlik sucks cuz it's to heck and gone O:

WSA shud be made 60 a/d and under.....near sto nice arena and it's realy never used exept on like NDD or somthing.

not all will be split as some people like the fact they can go and pk i have no problems with it i think it is a really good idea i think hurquin the whole map should be a pk map but hey just a idea maybe for low lvl chars say between lvl 20 to 50 a/d

Edited by dunedain00

@ Michic0_oL dude narlik sucks cuz it's to heck and gone O:

WSA shud be made 60 a/d and under.....near sto nice arena and it's realy never used exept on like NDD or somthing.

yeah and then get char 70s a/d ts -19 and kill all ?

man check dp : when the strongest fighters are there, still no one fights... whats the point having a/d pk maps...

dp : my brother was there, no one fighting him...

PK will split, we just have to make an alt, this time won't be lvl 30 but 80 only few weeks more training it ain't much, and you will still get owned.

Sorry im not on C2 to give the correct coords, but i think an excellent place would be in the cave W of Sto on Glacmor.

It's a large map, and with a bit of moving furniture around the arena could be in the center, with the stands outside.

Chairs etc for sitting and watching, some fruits would be nice too!

And in the SW of the KJ would be a nice place too.

I don't actively PK and I don't give points but I have been killed on NDD quite a bit.(can't afford rostos for regular days) The point made above is about splitting PK and that I think isn't really bad. If it means more PK even if it is split then eventually it will lead to more PK that isn't split. There will be more players getting more PK experience and more interest in PK in general would be a side effect as well. Get enough people doing it in arenas and eventually they are going to want to branch out in groups or solo and try the real thing on PK maps.

I think anything that gets people more actively fighting each other is good for PK. I don't see how it could be any other way. I could be wrong because I don't actively PK but it does seem to me that the more people you have in arenas the more people you are going to have out of them eventually. No PK points in arenas? That is plenty of reason to get out there IMO. :bow_arrow: Hope this helps. I will let the Pr0s tell you where they want them. :)

Tirun

Naralik ? NO ONE....

just my 2cent

*agrees w/ Michic0_oL*

So what about turning the 3 forts in KF into capped a/d areas...it will

1) satisfy demand for more arena's

2) not split up the pk'ing populace

3) lead in new pk'ing strategy w/ "safe" areas in a pk map (provided you are above the arenas cap)

Gerbildart ^^

Kusa arena was a try that so faar failed imo, aware of that the comming event might change it. To make pk alive on c2 something very easy and accessable is needed, something close to a crowded place. From there it will spread.

I would suggest a arena in evtr somewhere where people pass but still not made in such a way that it will disturb a harvesters path to the sto. Therefor I would suggest a arena south path to irsis, which of course would mean that some stuff would have to be removed.

I believe this arena would be for 100 a/d and it would inspire people at lower to go to the Kusa arena

/dannus

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii131/d...elscreen216.png

Provided screenie of the place no coords yet but will do if this place is of any interest.

Edited by Dannus(Swe)

Naralik ? NO ONE....

just my 2cent

Its not really like you see 80's in any other pk maps...

I have always been an activist for more capped arenas. But I think location is key. I aggree with GerbilD that it would make KF interesting if it the forts were capped. :bow_arrow:

@ Mich o what ever ur name is.....Perhpas if we hade ur a/d gc items etc skilz we might not wana split pk up....think about every1 and just ur ebul self lol

@ GerbilD sweet idea XD

also some people talked about figuring how to remove TS from working at arrenas....

Edited by exeus101

@ Mich o what ever ur name is.....Perhpas if we hade ur a/d gc items etc skilz we might not wana split pk up....think about every1 and just ur ebul self lol

@ GerbilD sweet idea XD

also some people talked about figuring how to remove TS from working at arrenas....

if it happens i will make a new char for 80 or 90 arena and convert TK into manuer alcher and stuff :bow_arrow:

~Michic0_oL / TommyKnocker

i wont complain but, not trying to start a flamewar either.

if pk really is dead after this implemented, im gonna brod all the people who posted ideas here :bow_arrow:

@exeus pk wasnt made so newbs are the pwners.

to ent: pls, just this time, dont think about the goddamn economy, think about the PKers.

Edited by Tempest

ok b4 posting about the thread=3 reasons why not to touch the forts in kf

1-higher lvl players can just cast ts and wait to kill the ppl going to fort=pk at first yes... but maybe also keep people from going at all when they realize lvl 120s just wait outside..

2-once ppl do make it to the forts(if they survive), they have to stay inside the pk area or risk getting pked by higher lvl ppl outside fort (I dont think forts should have non pk zone) which also means that there isnt any safety except in mardyn tower...limiting the idea to 1 fort, unless you consider our cave safe..

3-forts in kf are good place for pk events, and lvl capping them could end up inhibiting this (above) and screw kf over..

also radu said they probably should be in c2 :devlish:

about the thread..

I like the idea of making more dchim areas pk, maybe pk zone just outside of melinis city walls would rock imo, idk about other dchims

If all the arenas become popular, people wont be afraid of out-growing DPA.

IMO the arenas should be in maps that are popular already, so if you happen to be nearby you might go and see whats going on. Seeing a fight that you could have won is the most inspiring thing to try it yourself, i find.

Popular C2 maps are EVTR, SRM, PV and maybe Glacmor.

Edited by extrapolation

there isnt any safety except in mardyn tower..

wtf shhh :devlish::lipssealed: don't tell the noobs about this !!! ;X

U didn't see anything ok ? :whistle: :whistle: back to harvesting :pickaxe:

Edited by Michic0_oL

i remember how live pk used to be but after limited arenas pk aint been the same since and pk is now dead like about 90 percent of the time and everyone is always saying so. so i dont see it being a good idea to add more limitations and arenas because in my opinion things can only get worse

It seems that some people want some new limited PK areas, similar to the one in Desert Pines, but higher level (such as 100).

We can do that for a whole map, or for a specific area, and we are waiting for suggestions here. Preferably, it should be on C2, because the PKing on C2 is very limited.

Afaik we have a 40,45,60,65 and 80 capped arena's atm , so any more arena's under 80 would be slight overkill IMO

PKing is limited on C2 , well one answer is to move DP arena to a C2 map ( and make it an indoor arena, so players dont need to worry about leo), DP is a well used map anyway because of the mines etc and doesnt need an arena to make it busy.

Personally I would love to see a 100 a/d capped arena, for while I like the mass combat etc of KF, it would be nice once in a while to be able to fight players your own level, without getting jumped by 3 or 4 players 20+ more a/d than you

I know you want more C2 maps to be more used, but I think relaying on just pkers to does this is wrong, personally I would like to see one very well used pk map ( if this included various capped arena's the better ) than half a dozen hardly/unused arena's spread all over C2

edit: I would like to see ts pots not work in arena's or at least limited to -10 ( ok just cut my nose off to spite my face, since if ts pots didnt work , I couldnt use a 100 arena .. o'well. whats best for the game )

Edited by conavar

Can I have a arena with max 122/125 attack/defense? And max of 40 phy, max of 63 magic, and max of 131oa.

Rat cave on IP would be nice.

Really, splitting up pk even more wont do any good. Better remove all pk places, except kf ^^. People think they wont get owned anymore, but they will be, only the strongest 100/100 a/d player wont.

If this does come ingame, cant we have a new map, with all arenas next to eachother? So we at least can watch some pk, when its going on.

If this does come ingame, cant we have a new map, with all arenas next to eachother? So we at least can watch some pk, when its going on.

This would be quite nice :devlish:

omg u guys are crazy...do you rly think PK should be equal fights? ffs i didn't wanna use that word this time but...

grow some balls, PK is not fighting opponents on the same level, it's fighting higher people as well as lower people too.

look at old PK.. KF filled, high lvls low lvls fought.. and now newbies complain "omg ent plz maki mi capped arena people with 10 more a/d pwn me helppppp i cant train it needs so much time" ...

i wonder if ent would also implement suggestions of crying PKers.

Kusa arena was a try that so faar failed imo, aware of that the comming event might change it. To make pk alive on c2 something very easy and accessable is needed, something close to a crowded place. From there it will spread.

ehm...i check kus arena every time i can (want to fight? pm me :devlish: ). It's always empty, surely not because it's far from evtr/pv sto. I'm all for capped arenas, at least you have a place where you can test your skills and prepare for wars in KF/Theli

omg u guys are crazy...do you rly think PK should be equal fights? ffs i didn't wanna use that word this time but...

grow some balls, PK is not fighting opponents on the same level, it's fighting higher people as well as lower people too.

look at old PK.. KF filled, high lvls low lvls fought.. and now newbies complain "omg ent plz maki mi capped arena people with 10 more a/d pwn me helppppp i cant train it needs so much time" ...

i wonder if ent would also implement suggestions of crying PKers.

yeah lol.... pliz make mi arena for mi, tk always kill mi

wtf go train if u get owned... how did we make it -_-'

we already set capped attributes to lower strength of the highest players on pk map... stop whining...

people don't realize anyway capped arena won't change a thing... i know it since i played my brother's character a bit in DP : no one went in while he was here..

it will be the same with 90s / 80s / 100s etc arenas, no one will go in while the strongest player will be there anyway...

i was thinking of something though... why not set a bag of hydro ore (like 1 ore) poof every 15 mins in random location TD/KF (bag could poof in either of both maps) people would go looking for it so more in pk maps :] no ? lolz (took back ther merc idea with more valuable item lolz)