Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daejin

Minimap and regular map

Hey what are everyone's thoughts of the minimap and the regular map feature.

Personally when i first played this game back in 2005 I thought it kind of weird that one could simply pop open the map and go anywhere on it without any trouble.

Now that we have a minimap, I use it with fog of war enabled, and I like it actually, gives more a mystery of what is around you, despite me actually knowing already where most of everything is. As well, what do people think about removing the regular map feature, and just leaving the large continent map in place? It might not do much for the experienced player, but would add more excitement to people who dont know the maps well yet. As well I dont know if its possible, but would it be hard to have the map markings show up in the minimap?

If this has been posted before, please disregard

... what do people think about removing the regular map feature, and just leaving the large continent map in place?
Personally, I would absolutely hate it. I do way to much map-walking to move from place-to-place to go back to clicking a few steps in front of me to move about. That would not be my idea of "fun" (which is why I play in the first place).

... what do people think about removing the regular map feature, and just leaving the large continent map in place?
Personally, I would absolutely hate it. I do way to much map-walking to move from place-to-place to go back to clicking a few steps in front of me to move about. That would not be my idea of "fun" (which is why I play in the first place).

Actually the minimap lets you click on it.

This is a bad idea because with the minimap it's much harder to see the whole map all at once-which you can do in regular map view. There's absolutely no reason to get rid of it.

As for making the game more challenging by only having fog-of-war, well the client is open source, so people can just get rid of that and have an unfair advantage over others.

Anyway sorry but I'm locking this as it's just going to be a dead end. Not gonna happen.