Eternal Lands Official Forums
LadyBea

Potential Outlaws.

I never open my mouth unless I know what I am talking about. Tirun

ROFL!! is this a new policy of yours?? I hope so plz apply it to your comments on pk threads.

I have found rangers and a/d trainers can get along ok if they ask before they shoot/att something communication works well but it is really annoying to get a few chims on you then have people come shoot them so they stop attacking you then once they stop attacking you and become mobile they decide to shoot at the next thing they see. I think rangers have to consider sometimes that a/d trainers can only train 1 or 2 creatures for exp at there specific level but rangers can get the same exp on anything.

Randmck

I never open my mouth unless I know what I am talking about. Aislinn is absolutely correct. If you are using the isometric view then I suggest your bring a ton of dis rings and monster magnetism

you told me not so long ago MM was a waste of PP :P *edit* fixed quotes

I think Tirun maybe ment wearing a MM cape ,( and btw the perk is great at low a/d levels if you plan to reset)

I never open my mouth unless I know what I am talking about. Aislinn is absolutely correct. If you are using the isometric view then I suggest your bring a ton of dis rings and monster magnetism

you told me not so long ago MM was a waste of PP :) You also told me getting godless was wrong and yet you have the anti social perk ? :)

really cant be bothered getting into a debate because sooner or later your going to tell me you have 30 years gaming experience and yadda yadda yadda. Needless to say , all I was pointing out is that you CAN get attacked by a creature if you shoot it at close range. Its not difficult to accept man.

*edit* fixed quotes

Duh! MM is a waste of pick points. That is why you would bring with your dis rings. MM cloak!! Getting godless is bad unless you are at least 110 OA already. You wasting the benefits of the negative perk if you get it any sooner than that. I have anti social because I am specifically on a harvest reset. When I have enough stuff in storage I am going to reset and not take any negative perk except possibly Scotty died!!! I might take ICD because PK is not the main focus of my EL interests and ICD can make experience better when you train. Training a/d above 40/40 is VERY hard with MM PERK but not with MM cloak.

Yes you can get attacked when you shoot at close range but if you couldn't there would be no risk at all. Then you could kill anything that doesn't ignore monster magnetism all day by harvesting flowers for arrows. Most people don't have a problem with figuring out ways to not get attacked when they practice their archery. There are ways to never get attacked while practicing archery if you just think about it first. This is true even if you are using the isometric view.

The really bad negative perks can be very useful if you are planning on resetting. If the cap was not in effect I could get all of the items required for the god quests to get me back to my 20% bonus in three skills and then take godless to help me in my harvesting. I could just go right back after my reset and when I started leveling again instead of just harvesting I would have my bonuses back in place. Strategy is how you overcome obstacles in EL. Think about it.

Tirun

Hilarious, a definite QOTW :)

Feel free to post. My posts are always well reasoned and well thought out. There are rare occasions where I have admitted I was wrong due to bad information but that is a rare thing. You are new to the forums Cruella so unless you have been doing a LOT of reading I am surprised you think you know me well enough to comment. :)

Tirun

ROFL!! is this a new policy of yours?? I hope so plz apply it to your comments on pk threads.

Randmck

I read every post of every thread I post in. The little posting I do on PK threads is based on the posts of others who have spent a very long time PKing. I don't just make up stuff about the way I think things should be in PK. I actually read the problems that PKers say they have before offering any help. I try to only post in PK threads where the debate is going nowhere or it isn't specifically about PKing. I posted a LOT in the thread about which map to make Old School PK. Do you remember what happened there? The map I started out supporting as the Old School map from the beginning of the thread eventually became that map even though Radu had to change it from RoT to do it. Sounds like I know a little something of where I speak doesn't it?

I may not know the ins and outs of PK but I know a little bit about how it effects the game in general as my posts in that thread show. Thanks for the concern though. :)

Tirun

So what are you saying Tirun ? That you can get attacked by a creature if you shoot an arrow at it ? duh ?

*edit* added -- duh ?

second edit - One thing puzzles me , if you know exaclty how to play this game, and only your way of doing things is correct, plus you have 30 years gaming experience ( hmmm 30 years ago Pong was top class, EL is a little different than fucking Pong ) then why are you absolutely no where to be seen on any top player rankings ? hmmm ?

I am done, may I never reply to another post of tiruns again, even tho he is hilariously anal. Amen

Edited by Ateh

So what are you saying Tirun ? That you can get attacked by a creature if you shoot an arrow at it ? duh ?

*edit* added -- duh ?

second edit - One thing puzzles me , if you know exaclty how to play this game, and only your way of doing things is correct, plus you have 30 years gaming experience ( hmmm 30 years ago Pong was top class, EL is a little different than fucking Pong ) then why are you absolutely no where to be seen on any top player rankings ? hmmm ?

I am done, may I never reply to another post of tiruns again, even tho he is hilariously anal. Amen

You asked so I am answering. Yes you can get attacked by a creature you are shooting arrows at if you don't know what you are doing. Avoiding any chance of getting attacked is very easy.

The reason I am not in the top list is because I was very busy running RICH for a very long time. I had to reset to adjust to cooldown and I haven't had time to finish my harvest reset. I also actually have a RL that requires I spend more time on it than on EL. Add those two things together and I had no time at all to develop my own character. Just because you know how to do something does not mean you have the time or the resources to do it. I spend my time figuring out gaming systems before I play so that I don't run around wasting my time. EL is more of a challenge because the changes can be so drastic.

When I was running RICH before a certain person decided to maliciously rip it apart we had guild parties with 12-16 people all of the time. We provided over 800K of stuff to our guild members through my wish list parties. What have you done with YOUR EL time aTeh besides trying to use personal attacks to deflect attention from the fact that you have lost an argument?

Tirun

Edit: Can we lock this flamy thread that is going nowhere? I am sick of it. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Can we lock this flamy thread that is going nowhere? I am sick of it. :P

See, that's the problem with you (easily detectable without 30 years of gaming experience) - you are sick of this discussion yet you are the one who participates the most, who floods it with so many words. And after putting all these TLDR answers you ask for locking it, in order to make sure your words are final. Really hilarious. You are good in talking, learn to listen to others.

The original topic is good and I for one would like to see more people weigh in their opinions, so could we prune the OT stuff and keep this alive?

The original topic is good and I for one would like to see more people weigh in their opinions, so could we prune the OT stuff and keep this alive?
Exactly!

Thank you, frogimus.

To get the thread back OT:

Sorry, but what has the level of easyness, danger, net profit or left-or-right-handedness of ranging to do anything with the issue of "ownership" of the bag??

When the archer (alone) works to kill a creature, it's the archer's full right to claim the bag -- simple as that.

Yes, bags are fair game -- but only from the game mechanics/game rules point of view.

From a moral/community rules point of view, a bag can have an owner, and jumping a bag can be considered outlaw-ish -- jumping an archer's bag is a clear case of that, imo.

If the risk of ranging is (too) low game mechanics-wise, it's not to be solved by stating it's "ok to jump the bag" or anything, that just doesn't make any sense.

Can we lock this flamy thread that is going nowhere? I am sick of it. :)

See, that's the problem with you (easily detectable without 30 years of gaming experience) - you are sick of this discussion yet you are the one who participates the most, who floods it with so many words. And after putting all these TLDR answers you ask for locking it, in order to make sure your words are final. Really hilarious. You are good in talking, learn to listen to others.

I asked for it to be locked because it seemed to me the answer to the question was already found. Did you miss that? Guess you need a little more experience. I notice that you didn't bother to add anything to the thread other than just flaming me. This was why I wanted the thread locked. When I posted I continually wrote back to the topic on hand until the flames started being completely off topic like this one. My posts are all on topic previous to my getting flamed and almost every single one after I started getting flamed are on topic too. I didn't go out of my way to flame someone off topic like you did now did I?

Back to the topic I think the general opinion has already been stated that as long as an archer is training on one creature then the bag belongs to the archer by community standards. A bag you get from any other type of killing including using summons is regarded as the players bag as far as I am aware. I don't see how archery is any different than summoning. The bag appears away from the character and the character has to move to it.

Nothing really new here. That is why I think the topic should be locked. The only difference I can think of between archery and summoning is that archers bags can appear farther away. So what. It is the same as with summoning just more distance. If anyone can actually come up with something different let's hear it. The same rules for summoning should apply for archery end of discussion. :)

Tirun

Hi

I am fairly new to EL but why cant the game itself automatically put the spoils of ANY bag into the players inventory instead of having to grab it? eg, on the killing arrow or the killing blow then if the player doesnt want all the contents then the player can just drop the things they dont want eg the bones. It would also stop the problem of bagjumping unless of course the player dies then drops his/her bag.

A number of games use another solutions - for a certain amount of time after the kill a death bag is accessible only to that player who either delivered the last blow (flawed solution) or did the most damage. When that time expires the bag becomes accessible to anyone. When a player dies to monster in non-pk area, his death bag is accessible only to him and his guildies for quite long before it becomes available to everyone. Of course in pk DB is instantly accessible only to the killer. Quite difficult in implementation, requires some coding, but solves bagjumping problem nearly entirely.

A number of games use another solutions - for a certain amount of time after the kill a death bag is accessible only to that player who either delivered the last blow (flawed solution) or did the most damage. When that time expires the bag becomes accessible to anyone. When a player dies to monster in non-pk area, his death bag is accessible only to him and his guildies for quite long before it becomes available to everyone. Of course in pk DB is instantly accessible only to the killer. Quite difficult in implementation, requires some coding, but solves bagjumping problem nearly entirely.

I think that the bag jumping is not a "problem" that the maker wants to solve :) what would be the punishment of death?? why would you train or why would you wear mm cloaks?? Maybe other games is designed like to make everything easier, here we have a rosto that will prevent to drop items at death.

Please read the original post - the question asked was whether taking a bag dropped by a creature an archer worked on is outlawed or not.

I said that if the game assigned the bag ownership for the certain period of time to the person who has dealt the most damage, the problem would not exist.

The rest was an explanation on how such bag ownership works in other games, since it has many more uses than just bagjumping prevention.

Just to explain you (a bit off-topic) how it works in other games:

- the punishment of death is exactly the same as in EL - you lose your bag if you don't manage to get there before ownership expires. The time is much shorter than EL's 10 minutes before the bag poofs

- this solution does not make any game easier whatsoever, it makes it more "fair". In many cases it makes the game more challenging since you know that you have a certain amount of time to get back to your DB, which often results in another death :)

Rostos have absolutely nothing to do with the oryginal question, so let' skip them entirely.

I said that if the game assigned the bag ownership for the certain period of time to the person who has dealt the most damage, the problem would not exist.

I think Troger understood you fine, and he is correct. Bag ownership and labeling has been brought up countless times and will not happen. End of story. All the comparisons to other games won't change it. It will forever remain a community morals issue, not a game mechanics one.