Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DragonStorm

Trassian beam in location

I'm not sure if this have been mentioned as i cant see any other similiar posts.

Some of the new beam location are brilliant but i found trassian to be a nightmare, you end up in Dra Syn. For those that are not map wise of the area they are going to end up in trouble.

The only options of that map are:

#beam me (to which is a pain and not every one has it)

to walk (if you know the route)

ring (if you are carrying one)

tele to range (yet again if you are carrying extra ess)

tele to portals (yet again if you are carrying extra)

So this new location is going to cause problems and headaches, is there no chance of reverting it back to its original location?

I am not after "easy and convenient" because i like all that has been done to the game at present, i just think the trassian beam in location is going to cause problems but if thats where you want it, who am i to argue.

it will be for those that dont know the way, it will infuriate them. I know you say to explore but i say that beam location is a problem, the route i took, you have to go through a yeti cave.

I agree with the explore bit, maybe some people need to do more of it but you cant force it upon them.

I dont wish too be rude to a nice lady BUT its clear you have not read my first post. Not every one has "beam me" and most dont carry extra essence or even a ring, so yes too me its forced.

I did read your post. No one is forced into taking a perk that removes #beam. So no, it's not forced. You are aware of the consequences of that perk when you take it. If you don't want/have rings/essences, well then walk, it's not such a big deal.

I dont wish too be rude to a nice lady BUT its clear you have not read my first post. Not every one has "beam me" and most dont carry extra essence or even a ring, so yes too me its forced.

No, nobody forced people to take a NEGATIVE perk. Their problem. Part of game play is strategy. Trassian is not a "need to use" beginner's map, it's part of the more advanced playing and therefore requires more advanced thinking and planning. I see no reason to dumb down all of EL for people who can't read/don't read/are lazy. It really is not that hard to grab a ring or some extra essies and always carry them around prepared KNOWING you took a NEGATIVE perk voluntarily.

I agree with DS.

Really, why would u put the portal in spot there? Dra Syn is largely un-used.

This does not make the game harder or more challenging... it's simply tedious.

Glad i saw this post, u saved me some time/ess/ring DS :evilgrin: now i know not to portal into trass anymore, i'll just use glac or iscal portal.

Really, the "explore" argument isn't valid, exploring shouldn't be in anyway forced... before this the trassian portal was used many times a day, now it wont be used hardly ever... this change of portal in spot is just pointless.

EDIT:

If you wanna see Dra Syn more used, put silver, diamonds and white asiatic lily's out there all fairly near each other... make it THE premiere on-site AE making spot :D

Edited by Korrode

Really, why would u put the portal in spot there? Dra Syn is largely un-used.
Maybe you just answered yourself? :)

Glad i saw this post, u saved me some time/ess/ring DS :whistle: now i know not to portal into trass anymore, i'll just use glac or iscal portal.

Really, the "explore" argument isn't valid, exploring shouldn't be in anyway forced... before this the trassian portal was used many times a day, now it wont be used hardly ever... this change of portal in spot is just pointless.

That's what they say, exploring is not enforced; just use a ring or tele ess, and/or don't use the Trassian portal anymore -- simple as that. Oh wait, you already said you're not going to use the Trassian portal anymore. :D

Yes, the Trassian portal might be used less now, but what makes you so sure it will be "hardly ever used" now?

I'll take it more often now it's less "tedious" to go into Dra Syn now.

This isn't as much about the current location of the portal spawn, this is a big fuss about a small change; people were used to take this portal, but for the purposes it was most used for it's indeed a less convenient route now.

There never was a fuss about the Irinveron portal spawn location, but it was a less useful spot to enter Irinveron than the new Trassian portal spawn location is for Trassian (as far as I can judge about Irinveron portal usefulness).

Maybe "Dra Syn is largely un-used" by you*, maybe "this change of portal in spot is just pointless" for you*, but that doesn't mean it's the same for all other players.

* "You" in general, not just Korrode.

Your arguments sound great on paper Marc, but unless Dra Syn has had some changes made to it since i last scouted it, the reality is that the Trassian portal will now be largely un-used.

I'm quite confident that "you*" constitutes the bulk of EL players.

My opinion is that improving the usefulness of an area is the best way to get it more used, obviously some people believe that improving it's accessibility will do the job... i think my way is more logical and generally "better", but the co-owner of the game thinks otherwise, so whatever.

EDIT:

@Marc completely off topic

Just looked at your siggy and u know if u want OpenGL v2 and all it's features u can have it, don't take nVidia's BS of not providing updated drivers for your card when there's no reason not to:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index....showtopic=16506

Get the Driver and Modded INF from there, detailed instructions here under "Installing the Driver":

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9243

...couldn't help myself :)

Edited by Korrode

Hi all, I simply agree with Korrode and DragonStorm with this. I know this is a game and best of all its free, so I never intented to complain anything about it coz I have no right to. We play this free, and we are part of every changes made to it. But what we can do is we can suggest something that can help making this game better. Ofcourse, implementation is all upto to the owner of this game and developers.

What I want to point out, though I know that this has been thought well before implemented, is that why will ppls, specially the those who are wearing costly things wana use this path?

Well most of all dont want to waste a rosto to an yeti or similar things, while coming out from Dra Syn, unless they came prepared for it (i.e. to fight the yeti or exploring the map), which is around say 5% or say even 10% ppls. Now if we think of the rest i.e. the 90% ppls who dont want to loose a rosto by dieing will not use this path. So since majority of ppls if dont want to use this path, that means, this will be rarely used. So if the thought about implementation of this beam point was based on making this path rarely used, then its understandable, but if not, then alteast to me this is not the best way to do it.

I made this post, coz to me its a bit unwanted. If I am wrong plz correct me.

Well most of all dont want to waste a rosto to an yeti or similar things, while coming out from Dra Syn

It takes less than one minute to walk out of Dra Syn and no single danger on the way out. Have you actually ever been there ... ?

If I am wrong plz correct me.

I hope I have satisfied your request :)

Well most of all dont want to waste a rosto to an yeti or similar things, while coming out from Dra Syn

It takes less than one minute to walk out of Dra Syn and no single danger on the way out. Have you actually ever been there ... ?

Cruella is correct, "The wizard passage" is safe and quick way back to Trassian, all you have to do, is find it and mark it into the map :)

Also, I had people complain that the portal did not take you into Dra Syn. So there are people on both side of the spectrum :)

Oh my goodness :o when I first read this post I thought that the portal drop must be deep in the city in its maze of chambers... its outside. It takes like 5 minutes of effort to find the fast way out, you don't even have to enter its labyrinth of caverns :) .

I happen to love this change, dra syn is actually useful, contrary to popular belief in this thread. And I'm glad there is a quick route to it. As well as an oppurtunity for some people to explore and realize that there are useful maps out there they never noticed.

Gonna love this thread. I find it rather silly.

Exploring is part of the game. I honestly disling doing it \o/. Even though, there are people around I know they love finding new places, passages, and the like. If I'm perfectly lost I can always ask them and if they don't... the #beam me option is still available. Oh wait, I killed scotty and I'm proud of it :D

It was my choice. I can't understand people complaining they ended in a place they would need to #beam me and can't. Guys, c'mon, it's a negative perk - NEGATIVE - it means it should make our lives a tad bit more complicated.

@Korrode

I honestly doubt you would post anything if you have thought your way is less logical and worse than others >.< What's the sense of emphasising it?