Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nalin_Redhammer

Lunge-Knock/Push Feature

I beg of Pardon if this idea already been brought up before .. but I can't seem find any topics containing this idea.

A wellknown problem in this game, and most hated I too believe, is the friggin' pathway-blockers! .. Howether I know people already suggested wider planks on those ships (but what if we got 2 blockers?).

Another idea is that we add a new action that allows players to knock eachother around, with a lunge and then push the other 1 square away.

And this features comes with more good use too ... We could have BARFIGHTS :D too!!!

But of course there is one badside of this .. ppl can knock others from their precious bags. But I guess they should pick a corner or somewhere they can't be knocked any direction.

What do say people? .. I'm sure this function shouldn't be to hard to make. The [Home]-buttons one-step-forward could surely be used to make the coding less complicated.

You know it's a great idea :wink:

Written by Cicero

#bump  

moves someone over a tile  

NHs can use when mods aren't online to keep people from blocking or macroing  

#silence  

like #mute, only for general chat and PMs as well  

I had some more, but I think these are really needed. Oh, and banning someone by character name as well as IP.

Right, but the "bump"ing should only be used by the NHs, and not available to everyone. I think there's almost always a NH on, so if they could just move people over a space, I think it would solve the blocking issues for the most part.

I think you already stated the problem with it.
A problem that could easely be worked around. Can't knock someone into an occupaid tile or a wall will make it easy for those who wishes to keep their goodies unstolen for themself. And a extra-rule could been added that people can't be knocked down from chairs, beds and so on.

Or just do it like the PK-areas. Define which areas will allow push-arounds.

#bump  

moves someone over a tile  

NHs can use when mods aren't online to keep people from blocking or macroing

But I really really like the idea of barfights that nessererly don't mean that someone has to die. :D

And I think the Mods would love to not have to drop everything they do everytime a moron pulls a pathblock-trick. ... Or do they not? Can't speak for what they would like.

You were to quick for me Cicero :P .. posted while I wrote

Right, but the "bump"ing should only be used by the NHs, and not available to everyone. I think there's almost always a NH on, so if they could just move people over a space, I think it would solve the blocking issues for the most part.
Well as long someone can toss the plankblockers into the sea :D