Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LEXIC

Cape/Cloak Suggestions

Some of the special features to the cape have nothing to do with the "requirement" of the cape, ie alchemy - lowers to 40% chance of losing item, potion - makes monsters not attack you. Also alot of capes are missing. Here is a list of what can be done:

Combat Cape - keep it as it is

Attack Cape - adds 10% stolen health from the monster, so if you do 20 damage, 2 health will be added to you.

Defence Cape - monsters will not attack you(same as potion cape right now)

Magic Cape - same as it is now, but add that you can cast spells during battle (good for healing and such)

Harvest Cape - good as it is

Manufacture Cape - ??

Alchemy Cape - subtracts 1 from each item required to create metal bars, so if iron bar needs 7 iron 3 coal, it will need 6 iron 2 coal

Potion Cape- ???

Also another thing. Let us change the color of the cape anytime we want. To make the capes still distinguishable, put the symbols on the back of the capes. Ie, for the attack cape, put a sword on the back, for the magic cape, put a wand on the back, for the combat cape put the fist icon on the back, for the defence cape, put a sheild on the back, for harvest cape, put a pickaxe ont he back, for the manufacture cape, put the manufacturing icon on the back, for the alchemy cape put a gold brick on the back and for the potion cape put a vail on the back.

Also add any suggestions for the 2 capes i missed.

Personally, i think you should be able to cast spells in combat anyway. Anyway, here's my thoughts:

Manufacture: has a small chance to make a weapon or armor with an extra +1 on a stat.

Potion: Can make potions with a second effect.

I was also thinking that there could be more than one cape for each type. Here are some alternate ideas:

Harvest: you can harvest slightly faster.

Manufacture: each has a small chance to add either 1 damage, defense, or hit%.

Magic: has a small chance to be cast without using an essence (but you have to have an essence on hand, so no trying to cast without essences).

how about base capes that add to skill, e.g. harvest cape gives +1 harvest

then have specialty capes that have the same bonus, plus another special bonus, like 10% bonus chance to mine succesfully..or +25% exp limit, (like current cape)

But whatever is done, definitely has to be a manufacture cape, and fighting and defence capes

Since a major issue with manufacturing is moving a quantity of raw materials, maybe the manufacturing cape should increase carrying capacity.