Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lissandria

Why Can't I Start a Fire?

I realize this a minor problem and not necessary to play the game, but it is annoying me. I can not start a fire. (P.S.- Not a newbie) I follow the instructions, I click "use with", select a log or branch (tried both- at multiple pit locations) and when I click on the fire pit nothing happens besides the branch or log returning to my inventory. Can someone provide a suggestion?? Thanks :medieval: - Lissandra

lol, yes I realize that, however I can't get to that step. The instructions say to add the branches and you will get white text on the screen stating you should add the fire essence. That doesn't happen for me. I've tried adding the fire essence first for shizz and giggles but all that happens is the fire essence reappears in my inventory just like the logs or branches.

Some firepits may not be correctly configured for lighting - I tried two in Tarsengaard and they did not work for me. The campfire near "beam" on IP should work. The one in southeast VOTD works for me also as does the one in northwest DP.

At the ones that work, my "use with" cursor has a copy of the log image from inventory attached to it. I could (and you should be able to) click on the firewood in the firepit and get a message ilke "You put some logs on the fire." Then grabbing a fire essence with the "use with" cursor should let you light the fire.

What firepits have you tried?

When I click "use with" the icon does show under my cursor. I've tried a few pits in TG and MM. I'll try the one VOTD you mentioned. Maybe I've just been incredibly lucky to find all the pits that don't work..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this