Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warder

Wheel of Time

Most people who know me know im obsessed with wheel of time. The robert jordan series. My character is Gaidin Gage Ir'Gotti, Warder to Katherain Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah loyal daughter to the rightful Amryilin Seat, Egwene Al'vere

No, you're not the only one. But since I'm male, I think I'll pass on being Aes Sedai :D

Im with the other 2 Rangers on this one

W.....T......H :D

If anyone knows a good set of books to read please tell me, i feel left out only ever reading the PS2 magazines before :(

the hobbit is good but sam if you really wanna start with the best start with book one of the wheel of time series by robert jordan. Trust me

Ok i read wheel of time series, infact i'll get it as an E-book form somewhere :S hmm, Wheel of time.. represented by a snake eating its own tail, meaning it never comes to an end....

True as that may be, I find reading Jordan a lot more pleasurable than reading Dune.

I can't find the eBook anywhere, im not a reader, or an RPG player for that fact :S this is the first mmorpg i've played on, im a Gamer, i play real games on the PC and the uber PS2, please tell me there's a game out for this. oh look there is!

SAm, when were you an RPer? go spam ur count somewhere else

jk

Sam3773

im not a reader, or an RPG player for that fact

JJK

SAm, when were you an RPer? go spam ur count somewhere else

He said he is not an RPG player. Read carefully :lol:

You can have comments about RPG from things you have heard...

hehe JJK that's good stuff

anyway, fantasy and sci-fi that kick all ass (sci-fi is not lame..more fantasy elements)

BOOKS:

Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan

Otherland Series by Tad Williams

Ender's Series by Orson Scott Car

those are possiblt the 3 best series...ever

Have any of you ever read 'A wizard of Earthsea' triology, by Ursela leGuin? That's just an awesome book :)

Ender's Series by Orson Scott Car

yea enders game really rox, thats the only one i've read, but some of my friends r reading enders shadow and so on and i hear they're really good

Well, if your just starting out reading i strongly advise reading the father of fantasy, JRR Tolkeins Middle earth, both the Hobbit and LOTR, and perhaps Jack Vances "dying earth" though that is more of a aquired taste.

Those two writers contributed the most to todays fantasy literature and games.

It was tolkien that created Elves (as they are seen as fair, pointy eared, almost ranger like culture), dwarves (again seen as they are today, rough, strong, excellent miners and craftsmen), and Hobbits.

It was Jack Vances magic system that D&D basically stole (not that I am complaining mind you, its a good system) including some direct spells such as the 9th level wizard spell "Imprisonment" is "the Spell of Forlorn Incystment" with a different name and there are a few others, including "Ioun Stones", but in a nut shell those two writers i strongly advise you reading.

And yes, Robert Jordans Wheel Of Time is a excellent story, with THE most beleavable (incorrect spelling?) world in a fantasy series.

Hope this helps a bit.