Eternal Lands Official Forums
Fourier

Game Crashes on Load [SOLVED]

When I am loading 1.6 on my laptop, it crashes with a dialog box to

send info to bill gates. The laptop is about 2.5 years old, and has

a built in intel card. I cannot get far enough to do a gl_info.

My infos looks like this:

Log started at 2008-03-30 09:35:35 localtime (Pacific Daylight Time)

Init extensions.

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 16.000000

Generating 3D noise: octave 1/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 2/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 3/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 4/4...

Compressing noise

Building noise texture

Done with noise

Filter lookup texture

Compiling shader './shaders/water_fs.glsl' successful

Linking shaders successful: Link successful. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.

Linking shaders successful: Link successful. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.

Compiling shader './shaders/reflectiv_water_fs.glsl' successful

When I am loading 1.6 on my laptop, it crashes with a dialog box to

send info to bill gates. The laptop is about 2.5 years old, and has

a built in intel card. I cannot get far enough to do a gl_info.

My infos looks like this:

Log started at 2008-03-30 09:35:35 localtime (Pacific Daylight Time)

Init extensions.

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 16.000000

Generating 3D noise: octave 1/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 2/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 3/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 4/4...

Compressing noise

Building noise texture

Done with noise

Filter lookup texture

Hi 2+2 ;)

I am assuming you have windows:

Go to control panel, click classic view, click intel driver. should have info about your driver there.

Also have you tried disabling all eye candy, sound, shadows, clouds...etc before logging in.

Crrl-o before log in and uncheck those and enable poorman and try that, hope it helps.

:P CassIoPIA

Ok, I have an ATI Radeon mobility X300 graphics card. It is on a Dell 610 laptop.

I have updated the drivers, which brings me to July 2005. Dell does not have

newer drivers, and the ATI drivers do not work on Dell machines. EL dies

while opening the open GL stuff. I have poor man and all the other configurations

like reflections and what not set to 0. I copied the ini, etc.

Basically, this looks like it puts me out of EL. 1.6 does not work, and there are

no video drivers from Dell that support the new openGL stuff. Are there any

last remaining fixes that I can try?

I don't know but I seem to have the same problem. Got ATI radeon mobility X600 and made a post about it. I didn't include that I have a Dell laptop, but I do, so that seems to be the problem. My desktop is 7 years old and I have no problem at all with the 1.6 version, which is both wonderful and ironic at the same time, as my laptop too is about 2.5 years old.

lilcnoot

I have a slightly older Radeon (mobility 9700) in my laptop and got the crash after login bug. Renaming the shaders folder in c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands disabled the new actor animations but allowed the client to run.

I have a slightly older Radeon (mobility 9700) in my laptop and got the crash after login bug. Renaming the shaders folder in c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands disabled the new actor animations but allowed the client to run.

this worked for me as well thanks

I tried this too, though I wasn't sure what to rename it to, so I just made something up. It didn't work. But when I asked the tech support people at work, they told me it's due to my laptop, a Dell Latitude. Apparently the Latitude line is not made for advanced graphics. See my post here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry433194

If the tech support people at work are right, all of us with Dell Latitude laptops are screwed, and only those with Inspiron or XPS laptops can "fix" their problems by updating drivers etc.

I'm rather upset at this, obviously, and am wondering whether the new graphic update was actually worth losing a number of players because they happen to have the wrong laptop, but then, that's obviously just my very subjective perspective and anything along those lines would have to be discussed somewhere else, plus, I'd want more info first to get a better idea how many of the current players are actually affected by this.

lilcnoot