Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gildrig!

Burying Yourself

Burying Yourself

I had an idea after falling into the ground before the server update and jumping out onto a beaver and attacking him,

Wouldn't it be an awesome pk idea to have some type of spell that allows you to sink into the sand and wait for someone/something to come near than pounce out and attack them?

-You would have a time limit of maybe 5min and people can walk over you.

-You can bury bags this way, just by dropping them while underneath.

-It would be really cool to have like 6 people at the entrance of a pk area buried and when someone came in the jump up and attack him.

-It wouldn't be that hard to program, just make it when they cast the spell,or something the actor drops bellow the ground so people cant see his/her name.

-If you click walk somewhere you automatically come up above the surface and walk to the spot clicked, kinda like sitting.

Hope pkers like the idea, i sure would.

#edit "sink into the sank :D = sink into the sand :('

Edited by Gildrig!

Burying Yourself

-It wouldn't be that hard to program, just make it when they cast the spell,or something the actor drops bellow the ground so people cant see his/her name.

And you would know this how? I think only the server programmers could say this statement...

gildrig is full of ideas lol. it seems to be like just a longer invisibilty spell.

well, yes and no, for one it wont poison you and the magic lvl you need would be like 25

#edit and also there is no way to see it coming but invisi has True Sight.

Edited by Gildrig!

invisi spell is hard to cast, the easy to drink potion poisons you.

Ever think theres a reason it hard to cast? :confused:

I think burying is too permanent. Perhaps you meant burrow :)

Good ol' zergs :)

:)

I think burying is too permanent. Perhaps you meant burrow :evilgrin:

Good ol' zergs :(

Yeah,, i think i did mean burrow :rolleyes:

Personally, I like this idea, but what's the point when we have invisibility? Or is it just a lower-levelled form of this spell?

Perhaps it could have some other more practical use? Aside from making it more difficult to find bags.

I like the idea despite what everyone else is saying. and yes, you can't move while burrowed and it could also lead to more events with hidden bags similar to hyperspace. Maybe shovels could be implemented to dig for bags :P

I like the idea despite what everyone else is saying. and yes, you can't move while burrowed and it could also lead to more events with hidden bags similar to hyperspace. Maybe shovels could be implemented to dig for bags :)

you could dig up cowards who hide in PK maps waiting for weak people. Shovel should be a weapon also. dig them up, splash their head.

bad idea imo.

let me get this all together.

you wanna make a spell, on lvl 25 which every newbie can cast, it will move u into the ground for 5 minutes.. so you can just wait for enemys.. 5 mins invisible and a that low magic lvl? i suggest not even at level 100 u should be able to cast such a spell. everyone will "bury" themselves and spy for their enemys without even having a chance to get caught. (+ all your bags are saved. bags dropped/hyperspace bags shouldnt be safe)

this is just as plain stupid as suggesting an essence that needs lvl 5 and gives 800 exp >.<

this is just as plain stupid as suggesting an essence that needs lvl 5 and gives 800 exp >.<

Yes plx ;)