Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

What is going on

I’m sorry but after reading some of the responses to the PK Mortos spawned Invasions thread

And if this gets me banned speaking out what the hell

Every time someone who PLAYS the PK server makes a post on the forums

People who don’t play’ use it to bitch about something or to slag someone off

NOW PLEASE READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND

The whole idea of these threads are to come up with ideas and try to find ways to promote the PK server

Now it seems some mods are even against this server

Mods have a hard job in EL and part of it is taken flak for their decisions but I’m sorry this is not the place to whinge and wine about it

We in the pk server do feel like we have been abandoned we try to come up with new ideas but never seem to get a response

Surly the success of the PK server is in the EL Admin's best interest if so why are you now posting negative posts?

The whole idea of the PK Mortos spawned Invasions thread was to generate ideas and to give Admin ways to make “THEIR” server better

I Have Said THEIR because both MAIN and PK are Radu’s baby’s

Please don’t take this post the wrong way we are putting a lot of time and energy into this server to try and make it work we just feel we could do with a bit more help from the admin side

And please guys try to keep grudges off the forum it makes are job harder

TY Handy

Personally I can see it from both sides.. Certain players are working there butts off to try and make the pk server a success, and these players maybe the mods wouldnt mind helping once in a while, with Invasions/advice etc .

BUT

When other players have told the same mods that they are neither "wanted or needed" on the pk server, I can understand there lack of interest in helping out.

It would piss us all off if we got " mods pfft dont need them on the server.......... but btw can a mod give up there time to run an invasion/event for us".

I dont think mods are against the server itself, just the attitude of some of the players towards mods.I can 100% understand the frustration this would cause for those players trying to make the server work though.

Imo if players want help/advice from mods on the server (even if its only for an hour to run an invasion) the best bet would be to forum pm them,this way you can have a hopefully sensible chat without an open forum discussion ( which we all know sometimes isnt good)

I remember something in forums about not having it modulated

I think i personaly have only ever had one real run in with a Mod in all the time i have been with EL.

Its a Hard job and people only see the Discipline side of Modulating

And at the moment i guess there would not be much work for a modulater on pk server (because its not as strict and dont have all the same rules as main)

But the PK server isnt for people that are anti MODS ( as far as i know we have two ex mods who play pk server regulary)

Its for people that like PKing or for those that are mid to low lvl on main and want to be a top player (here they still can)

I still have a char on Main but but am willing to put time and effort into this server to make it work

All im asking is for a little help and positive posting

Handy

Deano, did you even read what I said?

How do you get that I am against the pk server??? As I said, I made an account (not aislinn) and attempted to play! I worked with you to try to get your events done legally and fairly to get people over here.

I know for a fact that mods, and some more than others, HAVE been really badmouthed, way beyond the general "we don't want moderation over here." You really do suffer from selective reading and understanding.

And korrode, an admin does a LOT more than just run invasions, they have access to a lot of serious commands, and a lot of information. If somebody already trusted enough with these commands wasn't invited to moderate the pk servwer, what on earth makes you think that somebody not asked to be even a level 1 mod(let alone an admin) on the main server, would be asked on the pk server to have that trust and responsibility? It's not a little deal. That kind of trust and responsibility takes a lot of time and proof to build up. (And I'm sure you don't have to be Einstein to realize that information gained here will and can carry back over to the main server, which is the final nail in the coffin to this idea which already is bad)

Aislinn yes i did read what you said

But my post was not just directed at you

And its great that you had an account on pk server i wish you were still playing

I would like to work more with you on promoting the PK server

A chosen few have bad mouthed Mods from main in open channel on PK server and at the time i explaind to them that they shouldnt also that this should be modulated (i have even pmed them saying this rule still applies to PK server)

And i agree People dont realise the work you Ent and other Mods put in to this game

Like i already said

Its a Hard job and people only see the Discipline side of Modulating

Yours must be the hardest Mods job out there You enforce the rules but at the end of the day you are only doing your job

and know one thanks you for it most will just curse you lol

I have worked as a Bouncer in many night clubs I have been in fights had people try to stab me death threats the lot and mostly because of rules from dress codes to atitude but its all part of my job so i know what its like not to be appreciated

All i want is to find ways to make this work

It just seems every new topic on here starts with a good idea and is turned into negitive post and this will not make the pk server work

all we can do is post on here and see if anyone from Admin responds

but most posts end up off topic and full of crap and we get no response

The ironic thing is if all those who quit PK server because not enough people played came back then this server would be very busy now

Handy

Edited by deano

I did not see when mods were being bashed on pkserver or I would have said something about it too.

HOwever I will say this. To put us all in the I hate mods category over a few bad eggs that are on the pk server is just as bad as a few bad eggs bashing mods.

I like the mods and in fact when Mortos ran events happened I did alot of roleplaying, Bashing mortos cause I was only a mediocre at best fighter. I was not bashing mods but bashing mortos, It seemed the mod running mortos liked a little fun in his event.

Part of what is going on right now is by bashing everyone on pk server with general statements you are actually telling people don't go to the pk server they are a bunch of ego maniacle people who don't care about you or anyone, and that is not true.

95% of the pk server are and were good people. Don't let the 5% dictate the whole server and don't let the 5% make it sound like we all hate you because that is not true.

Honestly if you played in a way that no one would know you are a mod and play for some time on the pk server you would more the likely find what I have said is true.

Edited by Banedon

And korrode, an admin does a LOT more than just run invasions, they have access to a lot of serious commands, and a lot of information. If somebody already trusted enough with these commands wasn't invited to moderate the pk servwer, what on earth makes you think that somebody not asked to be even a level 1 mod(let alone an admin) on the main server, would be asked on the pk server to have that trust and responsibility? It's not a little deal. That kind of trust and responsibility takes a lot of time and proof to build up. (And I'm sure you don't have to be Einstein to realize that information gained here will and can carry back over to the main server, which is the final nail in the coffin to this idea which already is bad)

hmm oki.

Of course my first suggestion would be to make a new 'admin class' just called "Mortos" or something that allows the player to only use the monster creation, monster removal and global messaging commands... server side coding required; yes, but i wouldn't think it would be a lot or difficult.

...anyways i'm not gonna push the point as i haven't played on the PK server in weeks, but i still would like to see it succeed, and having Mortos invasions may well help with that, so i'd hope careful consideration is put in to what can be done to make that happen, rather than just an automatic dismissal of the idea.

hmm oki.

Of course my first suggestion would be to make a new 'admin class' just called "Mortos" or something that allows the player to only use the monster creation, monster removal and global messaging commands... server side coding required; yes, but i wouldn't think it would be a lot or difficult.

...anyways i'm not gonna push the point as i haven't played on the PK server in weeks, but i still would like to see it succeed, and having Mortos invasions may well help with that, so i'd hope careful consideration is put in to what can be done to make that happen, rather than just an automatic dismissal of the idea.

The trust is still needed or major server coding, or they would do things like drop dragons on their enemies.

Korrode, non-mods have tried to push that special category in the past, and it was denied. Just an FYI.

hmm oki.

The trust is still needed or major server coding, or they would do things like drop dragons on their enemies.

thats what i call fun :devlish: whoever wants to do this to me you got my permission ;)

It's not always a matter of "difficult". A lot of things get rejected because they aren't wanted, not because they are too difficult. Still the same issue, why would we give random people commands that even all mods do not have? And we know and trust the mods and chose them.

I'm not sure I saw that anything was rejected so much as:

1. There are no mods over there. I have a character, it's not a mod on the pk server. For that matter I have both an Aislinn (not a mod char) character for times I need to visit to handle a mod issue relating to the main server, and my pk server character for playing, not a mod either. Just ent. Ent would have to approve it and give us our mod characters/Mortos there.

2. As was pointed out, it's a lot of work for a handful of people, some who don't even want it. Especially since there would need to be a lot of trial and error. A lot to go through for some of the ungrateful folks that are around who like to complain about everything.

3. A point was well made that not everybody on the pk server has badmouthed us me whoever, but there sure are some vocal minorities then who do/did. *shrugs* Sure it hurts a bit (for lack of a better word at the moment). I think we are entitled to point that out, and point out the hypocricy of some people asking for something like this (and no i do not mean you or deano for example) while cursing some of us out behind our backs, or at least so they think.

I went over there for a while (in fact I think I was the first to get a pk before it went "live") and the "vibe", for want of a better word, was just appalling. I thought to myself, I really have better things to do with my time than surround myself with mouthy brats. It was an impression that remained with me all the time I was on that server. I found it unpleasant.

I am not saying moderation or the like would make it any better. I still don't know whether I would have liked it any better had I persisted. I suspect not, and unfortunately, as in most situations in RL, a few bad eggs WILL ruin it for the rest.

I will at some point in the future head back in. However, for those people who seem to believe it is simply game mechanics or lack of this or that on the PK server limiting its appeal to the wider body of players, I would suggest a bit of introspection first.

S.

Every time someone who PLAYS the PK server makes a post on the forums

People who don’t play’ use it to bitch about something or to slag someone off

It was like that at the beginning of pk server, when we still had some decent player base, now most of the trolls dont even bother to read/post in pk server section :P

I logged on to the pk server today :lipssealed:

Has been a while tho.. but will be online more often after tentams, which are next week.

But yeah its pretty dead out there,,

Boy I miss those ants :evilgrin:

ProH

I logged on to the pk server today :)

Has been a while tho.. but will be online more often after tentams, which are next week.

But yeah its pretty dead out there,,

Boy I miss those ants :)

ProH

It is dead but has been growing and falling gradually. ON the great news we seemed to have gotten it through certain peoples heads that mouthyness is not the way to go.

Or that fact they got the freedom to say what ever they wanted to out of their head and calmed down themselves.

shhh don't tell anyone, when we have a player that is acting out of control, we deal with it in game. IE they can't find anyone to sell them a TIT serp sword. They just can't figure that one out. Or why the prices quoted to them are through the roof. They eventually understand and realize, if they want to keep up, they have to behave.

There are enough of us that can make sure that a Person who feels the need to be extreme can be dealt with. Lets face it unless they have some alts and play alot, with the few players that are on the PK server they get pushed by the way side.

Wondering what happened that everyone else is lvling faster than them.

Edited by Banedon

I went over there for a while (in fact I think I was the first to get a pk before it went "live") and the "vibe", for want of a better word, was just appalling. I thought to myself, I really have better things to do with my time than surround myself with mouthy brats. It was an impression that remained with me all the time I was on that server. I found it unpleasant.

I am not saying moderation or the like would make it any better. I still don't know whether I would have liked it any better had I persisted. I suspect not, and unfortunately, as in most situations in RL, a few bad eggs WILL ruin it for the rest.

I will at some point in the future head back in. However, for those people who seem to believe it is simply game mechanics or lack of this or that on the PK server limiting its appeal to the wider body of players, I would suggest a bit of introspection first.

S.

I couldn't agree more. What's worse is the offending people are actually attempting to justify their disregard for the server by even more flaming.

edit: And could you guys please paraphrase? It's really annoying to read a new line on the same subject every three or so sentences.

Edited by Aphistolas