Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Linux 1.6.0 client

Deleted everything and installed it as recommended. Map changes etc, work fine, but the harvesting effect is gone. The option is turned on as is eye candy, but the effect does not show up. I noticed it in the previous static build and was just going to post it when I found this so decided to install it first and see if the problem was still there. It worked fine in my previous cvs build.

Deleted everything and installed it as recommended. Map changes etc, work fine, but the harvesting effect is gone. The option is turned on as is eye candy, but the effect does not show up. I noticed it in the previous static build and was just going to post it when I found this so decided to install it first and see if the problem was still there. It worked fine in my previous cvs build.
I see the same in the latest CVS build for windows (missing harvesting animation) but it appears if I zoom out a little, and disappears if I scroll out a little more. There (at least for me) appears to be a very specific zoom window where I can see the harvesting effect.

I see the same in the latest CVS build for windows (missing harvesting animation) but it appears if I zoom out a little, and disappears if I scroll out a little more. There (at least for me) appears to be a very specific zoom window where I can see the harvesting effect.

Yes, i noticed that zooming could change whether the effect appeared or not a ever since the harvest effect appeared. However, now the effect is gone altogether. Radon and cavern wall effects are also not showing up as I've just noticed.

Krrick

Spell effects are also gone.

Make sure you have libpng3 installed.

Thank you, installing libpng3 resolved the problem. I have been told it's always been needed, however I did see eyecandy before without having it installed. I did have libpng12 installed so perhaps earlier builds were able to use the older library. At any rate installing libpng3 does resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Thank you, installing libpng3 resolved the problem. I have been told it's always been needed, however I did see eyecandy before without having it installed. I did have libpng12 installed so perhaps earlier builds were able to use the older library. At any rate installing libpng3 does resolve the issue.

Yes, it's a bit strange. I just removed libpng3 from my system and my CVS build still shows eyecandy. However, the binary given in this thread stops showing eyecandy when libpng3 is removed. :bow_arrow:

edit: typo city

Edited by bluap

Just so you all know,

I had various problems with the other Linux stuff here, but this one (fresh install) works perfectly so far. ;) I have less problems with it than the 150 version.

OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL renderer string: RADEON X600/X550 Series

OpenGL version string: 2.1.7412 Release

Ubuntu 7.10

Thanks!

The_Saxman (Jayim_Duinara)

I think i found a bug (Or may be is it a feature ?) with the extended range of the walk cursor (Not sure if it's important but it is sometimes annoying with training and i would hate that while PKing ;) ). When you're walking and get attacked, you're still strying to reach the point you clicked, meaning you're fleeing. In the same way, if you weren't waling, just click once and you'll keep fleeing.

It happens only when the option is selected.

I think i found a bug (Or may be is it a feature ?) with the extended range of the walk cursor (Not sure if it's important but it is sometimes annoying with training and i would hate that while PKing ;) ). When you're walking and get attacked, you're still strying to reach the point you clicked, meaning you're fleeing. In the same way, if you weren't waling, just click once and you'll keep fleeing.

It happens only when the option is selected.

That's the same behavior you would see when mapwalking

I'm not sure i'm supposed to be mapwalking when i click the tile right next to me :rolleyes:

And has been discussed in detail here.

OK, too bad it's not corected for the release...

By the way, i also noticed some bad flickering on water with shadows and reflection on. It has probably been reported too :D.

Edit : Funny thing, there's no more flickering when i disable blood ;)

Edited by Itzalan

After playing some more with it, I noticed the spell fx are gone. But the harvest fx works fine.

Is this the same problem as mentioned above? wth is libpng3? I don't seem to find any official website for that on google, only debian packages.

I noticed the 32bit client which is the only one running on my 64bit system :) still displays the UVP information. I saw major water flickering in Irilion portal room, turning off "new selection" stopped that.

Enable VBO and framebuffer and see if the flicker dissapears.

Doesn't help, only options that turn off flickering independently of each other are "new selection" and "show reflections" (turns dark water into a grayish blue in Irilion portal room).

When it is available I am going to get 8.04 ubuntu on disc and when it eventually arrives I am going to dual boot my new system. Is there any advantage to playing EL with a Linux client? I will be able to run both with ubuntu as WINE will be integrated and of course play in Windows normally. Windows XP Pro is the other operating system. Any suggestions as to which one I should use?

Tirun

Enable VBO and framebuffer and see if the flicker dissapears.

Doesn't help, only options that turn off flickering independently of each other are "new selection" and "show reflections" (turns dark water into a grayish blue in Irilion portal room).

Try the last CVS compiled without the sky code and it should resolve the problem.

Try the last CVS compiled without the sky code and it should resolve the problem.

That did it for me Schmurk, thanks a lot. A curiosity: why my executables are about 10 Mb size while the official clients for Linux are always about 4 Mb? Is building a (semi-)static client the default option?

Rehdon

A curiosity: why my executables are about 10 Mb size while the official clients for Linux are always about 4 Mb? Is building a (semi-)static client the default option?

No but the default is building in debug mode, this is why the size of the binary is bigger.

To have a binary like the rc one, compile it with: make -f Makefile.linux release