Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.6.0 (release) for pre download

I have a few problems that I easily notice. First, when I have my camera angle at the sky, it appears black. Second, when I have cloud shadows enabled, people are flicking in different colors. Also, I have the ATI Radeon X1200 series for windows Vista, and I still don't have as high of frame rate as Ive heard some people have. Im pretty sure my drivers are recent, though I do have Windows Vista, which I have heard has some problems with some downloads, is that the reason?

Update your drivers.

Hi

I updated my drivers and now it is worse than ever. The Login page does not even display properly any more and the picture with the unicorn etc has no picture at all just a jumbled mess of colours that looks like harris tweed. I am so worried i wont be able to play my game any more. All the other displays on my computer including other game sites seem to be working fine and i did have no trouble with the previous updates only this latest one, please help if you can.

Thank you

How did you update your drivers?

I went to the nvidia site and downloaded the lastest driver from there then installed it everything else ran smoothly except EL. Then I did sytem restore and tried the 1.6 update without the driver and again I got the log-in page fine with the display picture all intact but when i pressed the log-in button after entering password etc it crashed, now i have gone back to 1.5 and it says version no longer supported ;)

I just dont know what else to except to give up

my pc crashed cuz of soem goddamn virus, i reinstalled windows, installed newest drivers from ATI site and now i walk like a robot i.e. if i walk, it's VERY delayed.

Vid card: ati radeon x700

OpenGL: 2.1.7412

Vendor ID: ATI technologies inc.

Edited by Tempest

as i hadn't been well enough following what bugs had and hadn't been reported, i was unsure as to whether to post about this, but now seeing Tempest's post, i will...

Early today i was on a computer running Win XP with a Radeon 9600, at first 1.6.0 client crashed on start up on that system, i updated to latest ATi/AMD driver and then EL would start up np, but it was really "jolty"... it said 30's fps up in the corner, but it was not 30 fps... no where near.

I'm not with that system now so i cant do any further debugging i'm afraid, but maybe everyone with ATi cards might wanna get the latest drivers and report if they have similar probs.

didnt rly know how to express myself, but like you said.. my 77 fps are the same as if i play with 2 fps, trying for ~5 hours now but cant get EL to work rly lol.

didnt rly know how to express myself, but like you said.. my 77 fps are the same as if i play with 2 fps, trying for ~5 hours now but cant get EL to work rly lol.

I don't know if this will help...

Ok, I don't know what a cluster is... but all I know is I don't want them LOL after downloading this, EL is running smoother that ever!

EXTREMELY fast login screen... everything running great on my Desktop!

My desktop is an older machine...with older graphics card... but since I started using NoClusters.... el screams!

hehe k will try and post results here thx. anyway it always worked for me before my pc crashed, now with the same drivers it doesnt so i assume (like i see atm) that the 2 extensions that are missing are making that problem. maybe i will try to install omega drivers or an older display driver if this wont work.

EDIT: nocluster didnt work, i noticed this only happens to me when i zoom 60% out, if i zoom close to my char, after 60% of the way the "lag" stops, so i can only go back to my guess that it's the drivers.. guess im gonna try other ones :icon13:

Edited by Tempest

k done but doesnt change anything either. anyway going to try other drivers now, any other suggestions from you (ent) would be appreciated tho

nope, installed omega drivers and nothin changed btw.

EDIT to ent:

AMD Athlon64 3000

1,25gb memory

radeon x700 graphic card

and enough space for EL, so idk :/

Edited by Tempest

As already mentioned, the new client (and all the RC-clients) works worse then the old one ( 30-50% FPS drop).

I've tried new official ATI drivers, Omega drivers, tried various el.ini configurations, renaming shaders folder, even the noclusters client and still there's no result.

What else can I try to do?

Additionally this:

Linking shaders successful: Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.d

can be found in my infos.log. Does it mean something isn't working as it should?

Edited by Kwas

sounds reasonable to me, could make my graphics card not send any info to the screen until the previous data has been fully saved which would explain the "delay" while walking/rotating camera... gonna try and edit this post.

As already mentioned, the new client (and all the RC-clients) works worse then the old one ( 30-50% FPS drop).

I've tried new official ATI drivers, Omega drivers, tried various el.ini configurations, renaming shaders folder, even the noclusters client and still there's no result.

Actually, I have an Ati 9600 mobile on my 4 years old laptop, and I didn't notice any loss in FPS. Water works great, new selection works great..

Did you try to disable the old selection?

The problem I am having is my cursor doesn't change on hover, so I cannot talk to npc/harv/enter bldgs. Sorry, I didn't see this anywhere.

I installed over the old without deleting anything.

Updated drivers but just like the last time all I got was pixel mess so I rolled that back.

Error log:

13:18:37 localtime (Central Daylight Time)

[13:18:37] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[13:18:37] Using the server profile: main

[13:18:45] Error opening sound configuration file

[13:19:03] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[13:19:03] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[13:19:03] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[13:19:03] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[13:19:04] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[13:19:04] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[13:19:04] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[13:19:05] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

[13:19:56] Client closed

Thanks for all the hard work!

Actually, I have an Ati 9600 mobile on my 4 years old laptop, and I didn't notice any loss in FPS. Water works great, new selection works great..

Did you try to disable the old selection?

I had to disable new selection because it keeps getting me disconnected when i cast spells like life drain (also mentioned in RC threads). Even if I enable it there's no performence change.

Edited by Kwas

:P While spanking bears in NC, everything seemed ok until I came to little bridge by teh blue quartz.

Had 2 hard crashes while screen was in video mode 1024x768x32.

Tried again in regular video mode and no problem.

Tried to change video mode to smaller and cannot, it appears to be stuck in one size.

Also have all eye candy and sound disabled and on poor man mode.

So if anyone knows what I can do to correct this issue, plxz advise. (besides playing in small screen mode that is) :D

Thank you,

CassIoPIA :P

P.S.

Tried changing video mode before logging into game and was non-responsive.

P.S.S.

Went to TG storage and was in 1024x768x32 video mode.........No walls, just floor and people were visable. Toggled back to small screen and storage is ok.

Edited by cassiopia

ok i tried everything, i changed to all possible drivers, looked at every single option of my control planel, enabled/disabled vsync and other stuff but nothing helps.

what i noticed is this: before i reinstalled windows the game ran smoothly, since i reinstalled windows/EL i cant change water shader quality anymore either (relevant?) what i could, before i reinstalled everything.

anyone some ideas? would be nice lol, if not i wont be able to play anymore <3 xD

ok i tried everything, i changed to all possible drivers, looked at every single option of my control planel, enabled/disabled vsync and other stuff but nothing helps.

what i noticed is this: before i reinstalled windows the game ran smoothly, since i reinstalled windows/EL i cant change water shader quality anymore either (relevant?) what i could, before i reinstalled everything.

anyone some ideas? would be nice lol, if not i wont be able to play anymore <3 xD

It appears their may be some correlalion of the re-install of windows, drivers etc.... and how EL is functionng.

I also just re-installed windows xp service pk 2, drivers, updates etc...and seems that I noticed EL is not functioning the same as before. :P

CassIoPIA