Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.6.0 (release) for pre download

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_160_install.exe

Download it, and you can install it if you want over you current EL el install directory. In fact, we recommend deleting all the stuff in your EL folder (the settings and logs are saved in another location), but this is not necessary.

There will be some minor map problems until the server update, but nothing really big.

If the game crashes, copy the el.ini that came with the install into your /my documents/eternal lands/main/ folder.

Make sure that at the time you install it the client is NOT running.

Also, if you are one of the people who overwrite their whole maps directory to save their precious tab maps, and in the process you also overwrite the actual map files, then report issues, you will be banned for 1 month in the game.

You can, of course, wait until the update to do this, but doing it now it's better (just in case there are some problems that we can fix until the server update).

Just so no one reports this...

This is an already known issue. The incorrect blacksmith is marked on the Irinveron map. The place marked is actually the manu school.. and the blacksmith is east of the town.

I have noticed significantly more system crashes when entering inside maps beginning with RC1 up to and including the final client than i did with RC11 and prior.

I have noticed that it generally does not occur when entering caves, only "man made" structures like storages and houses.

Edit: only official maps installed.

Edited by Ozmondius

In the installer, some lines in the lisence are too long.

That does fuck up the new lines, like this:

...You are NOT allowed to take our art (2d/3d files), and use it for your own devious

purpose,

either commercial or not. The only exception is if you want to make some sort of fan

website,

in which case it is OK to use some of our art on that site. Of course, taking a screenshot

and

using it for whatever you need is perfectly OK.

Just don't use our art for your own game/software. If you really want to do that, then

send me

an e-mail, with information on where/how/what/why you want to use, and, most likely,

we can come

to a deal.

...If something goes bad with this game (ie. it doesn't work on your computer, it crashes

your

computer, it kills your GF/BF/cat/familly/etc. it is not our fault, and you agree NOT to sue

us.)

If you kill someone because you played this game, it is also not our fault, but your

parents fault! :devlish: No, really, I am tired of seeing on TV how this or that kid killed

someone,

and s/he justified it like: "I played this or that game, and I thought it would be k3w1 to

do it too,

in real life"....

Windows XP. Normal-sized fonts.

Yeah, I know, but how many people read it anyway?

I do, I do! :devlish: (trying to get my english better) ;)

Yeah, I know, but how many people read it anyway?
I brought up the issue of the license in one of my threads recently:

"Can you quote all of the license you read?"

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

""

"I accept"

when I try to run this it tells me that there is an error and gives me 3 options: 1)abort 2)cancel 3)ignore is this a problem with my pc?

What is the rest of the error message?

Edited by LabRat

Actually delet this post please, b/c i realized i screwed up some how.....

sorry bout wasting ur time(again) this time i realized my mistake, sorry ;)

Edited by spellsword

If the game crashes, copy the el.ini that came with the install into your /my documents/eternal lands/main/ folder.

Make sure that at the time you install it the client is NOT running.

Hi thanks for your hard work only now with this final do i have fps between 7-9 uvp 0.

running poorman

All is working ok just cant play because of bad lag

Help

Thanks

Woo

EDIT: i solved this problem by turning perspective down to .40 now 25-39 fps

Edited by woo

I've had a strange problem with reflections that where not showing (the water was black).

Solved with "water shader quality" set to 0.

Everything else is really nice.

--

Video card: ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7412 Release

I've had a strange problem with reflections that where not showing (the water was black).

Solved with "water shader quality" set to 0.

Everything else is really nice.

--

Video card: ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7412 Release

That's strange, it should have worked for your card..

Just a note....The game crashed immediately upon logging in so I tried using the el.ini file that came with this download and had the same result. While editing the file I noticed that the default data directory was preset to "d:\eternal-lands\".

Also, after manually disabling all features in the .ini file (shadows, clouds, etc) I was finally able to load EL without a problem and could then turn these features back on one-by-one so if you're having problems running EL, give this a try :P

This one crashes on me if I try to turn camera to look towards north-east at PL storage. None of the earlier versions did the same, can't be 100% sure that I did exactly this with all of them, though.

I installed this by removing C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands and running the installer, i.e. clean install. No tab-maps installed.

Don't know if anyone else is getting affected by this. For me it's totally OK to play without looking from that certain direction at PL sto...

edit: using supplied el.ini didn't change the situation, and the old version was not running when I installed this one.

Edited by Sikaflex

In fact, we recommend deleting all the stuff in your EL folder (the settings and logs are saved in another location), but this is not necessary.
I install new client as you recommend and lost all sounds and got error msg on EL start: Error opening sound configuration file...

In fact, we recommend deleting all the stuff in your EL folder (the settings and logs are saved in another location), but this is not necessary.
I install new client as you recommend and lost all sounds and got error msg on EL start: Error opening sound configuration file...

If you deleted the sound files with the rest , then afaik you will get that message on the start page, just download and install the sound again