Sign in to follow this  
Morhwal

CoL is now recruiting!

11- Saint

12- Prophet

13- Impowered Prophet

14- Unircorn

15- Martyr

Isn't a martyr somone who died for there faith and a saint is a person who has gone through the 3 stages of (forgotten what is was called) and then deemed a saint by the Pope. I just personally think if your going to advertise yourself as a christain guild, you should not use sacred terms in incorrect ways and should be setting the example for other christain players.

Arrow

I believe that is specifically RC usage. Protestants also use the titles but in a much different way.

On-Topic: Good Luck with the guild, and PM me in-game sometime

Not that I'm trying to demean this guild in anyway, but isn't it a little elitist?

I mean, if you're not Christian, you aren't allowed to join? It's a fantasy game, when did RL-religion have any say in who joined a guild?*

Also, I'm glad to see you don't preach, or follow that "Believe what I say or I'll hurt you" doctrine. Ironically, that's the kind of thing that lures everyone away from the Almighty.

*Don't bring up a Dao reference, for gosh's sake. Although they imply some sort of religious background, nothing states you need to be a Buddhist/etc. to join.

I mean, if you're not Christian, you aren't allowed to join? It's a fantasy game, when did RL-religion have any say in who joined a guild?*

Any guild is free to restrict it's membership in any way they please. Just as a PK guild won't suit non-PK folks, maybe a christian guild would not suit hindu, buddhist, satanist... whatever.

Don't be discouraged at any negative feedback. Enjoy the new guild and I will be pleased to do business with you guys any time.

Bless y'all,

Stewbaby

Any guild is free to restrict it's membership in any way they please. Just as a PK guild won't suit non-PK folks, maybe a christian guild would not suit hindu, buddhist, satanist... whatever.

That's not the point though, in EL you decide whether to PK. It's not as if it is a particularly big decision, and it certainly pales in comparison to selecting RL beliefs.

Nonetheless, I do wish CoL good luck. I'd be happy to arrange an alliance, if your leaders are interested :)

Since you are so concerned, I was tweaking the rank system last night, it was put up originally just to have something there.

As well we do let non Christians join, but unless they are willing to explore Christianity they wont fit in very well.

http://col.daenet.ca for changes.

And we are new, things are going to change as things progress.

Its also nice to see people reading this thread still