Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Why do you take part in events

Reasons to join events  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What are your reasons to join events?

• Prizes
    • Fun
    • Other

Only for fun. Nothing more...

I dont really need extra gc coz if i need i just go harv or go kill some tigers :D

We play EL for fun, so events for Fun too :(

And yeah PK/Fighting events were great. I hope someone will hold an event with oldschool gear in new style. I mean Iron plate set + serpent in KF :)

(even if the riddles drive me insane)

heh sorry

(even if the riddles drive me insane)

heh sorry

I think the frustration is part of the fun :rolleyes:

Contents and events that involve riddles and findme's and stuff challenge the mind, and require you to really remember your game facts, fun fun fun :D

In my personal opinion a good frustrating riddle beats Q and A any day ;) But both are still fun!

Edited by Enly

I hate to sound like the only greedy one on here, but I usually only participate in events to win prizes. The only thing that trumps winning prizes (not sure if you are including this in the event category) are moderator run invasions, which I think are one of the funnest and most exciting events in EL.

/snap/ moderator run invasions, which I think are one of the funnest and most exciting events in EL.

I second that - last Selain invasion in WSC was truly unforgettable :-) It would be great to have such invasions more often !

For me, events are good opportunities to have a break from training and mixing. They are challenging in a constructive way and there is the added benefit of winning a neat prize.....not that i win much :/

Gerbildart ^^

I participate occasionally, but it is for purely for fun. I have run a few in channel 6 with new player prizes and have met a few nice folks that way helping them to learn some game information they might not otherwise learn

I voted Fun, but maybe it should've been Other..

I mainly do it for the challenge. What a great feeling to win contests ^^

Prizes are just some extras, though I'm not saying that I don't like extra goodies :)

Bottom line: I like hosting better than playing

I'd have to say "other". If the contest sounds fun, or it's being run by someone I know, I'll participate just for the fun of it. But there have also been times that when the prize is such that I'll give it a try just for the hope of perhaps winning. So the bottom line is: it depends.