Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.6 final RC (also zip for Unix data)

LOL

Actually, what it means is that you need to install the final RC, just like the ones before it, OVER the current EL folder.

so this one that i just got? i have to install it over the el_150? or do i wait till the actual thing comes out?

p.s. your real cruel >.<

Edited by Morhwal

One minor issue on the first PC in siggy (only);

After typing the "#exit" command, Win displays the "Eternal-Lands Client...(crash)" error dialog box. At this point the EL client is hung until I press the "Don't Send" report button. Once I press the "Don't Send" button, it and the EL client will close. I've tried this several times with the same result.

The following is an error log in which I simply logged in and then type #exit. This seems normal;

[21:18:29] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst
[21:18:51] Client closed

Everything else is working very well on all three PCs since the final RC had been released.

ohk i deleted every stupid el file and am reinstalling everything! lol.

Edited by Morhwal

Hi,

I tried the final RC and none of the mouse clicks work except walk.

Right click doesn't change the pointer. Left click on the icons selects them but the mouse pointer does not change.

Result: mouse pointer never changes, so I can't leave the area, trade, talk to NPC's including storage, probably I can't harvest (stuck in storage so can't confirm).

All chat works fine, food level drops as normal. No crashes.

el.exe still works fine, just RC160 does this. I installed into the same folder. Do I need to move el.exe to a different file? Seems like some code is missing though.

Hi,

I tried the final RC and none of the mouse clicks work except walk.

Right click doesn't change the pointer. Left click on the icons selects them but the mouse pointer does not change.

Result: mouse pointer never changes, so I can't leave the area, trade, talk to NPC's including storage, probably I can't harvest (stuck in storage so can't confirm).

All chat works fine, food level drops as normal. No crashes.

el.exe still works fine, just RC160 does this. I installed into the same folder. Do I need to move el.exe to a different file? Seems like some code is missing though.

Turn the New Selection off.

• I found the compass_north option missing.
  • #ver still says Eternal Lands Version 1.5.0 Beta.
  • The client window still/again doesn't have an icon. (Or is this OS version specific?)
  • I like the name and server being mentioned in the window title; I'd prefer a Name @ server - Eternal Lands syntax though.

Really looking forward to the update! :icon13:

Will the official release client have skybox ?

Because i really would like to try out the views, even a very basic version would do :icon13:

Thanks for all the hard work cant wait for the update.

Will the official release client have skybox ?

Because i really would like to try out the views, even a very basic version would do :icon13:

Thanks for all the hard work cant wait for the update.

Yes, but not with with the official package (it will be available shortly after the update as a patch).

UVP = 0 if there is anything in here that helps.. there u go

infos.log

Log started at 2008-03-25 12:52:42 localtime (Westeuropäische Normalzeit)

Init extensions.

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 4.000000

Init extensions done

Init eyecandy

Init eyecandy done

Loading vertex programs

Max bones per mesh: 17

Init actor defs

Init actor defs done

Init lights

Init done

Init done

error.log

Log started at 2008-03-25 13:12:05 localtime (Westeuropäische Normalzeit)

[13:12:05] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_rc_160_fin. Failover to server: main.

[13:12:05] Using the server profile: main

[13:12:06] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(5:opengl_error): Error: 'Error, line 225: instruction limit exceeded (max = 128, used = 158).

' in file 'shaders/anim.vert' in load_vertex_program at actor_init.cpp (line 159)

[13:12:15] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[13:12:15] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[13:12:15] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[13:12:15] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[13:12:15] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[13:12:15] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[13:12:16] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

Does seem to handle a log after top of the hour on harvesting differently. I accidently logged while afk harvesting and had not gotten any HnH points. I logged right back on and did not get credit for being logged on during the top of the hour.

Everything else seems great so far. Have not walked around a lot yet.

Thanks for all the hard work to all those that helped with the programming.

Get this when I type in #glinfo

GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Playing on a Dell Latitude Laptop Do not know if this helps. Do not know how to get the graphic info to include.

I decided to try this RC out, for some reason I cant see the bows or arrows all it is is a black space where the icon should be, and on my character nothing shows up. I tried uninstalling EL and then restalling and then installing the RC again but I still have the problem. My video card info is my siggy and I am using Windows Vista

Using client from cvs on linux:

all ok for me, except when trying to create a new character: the camera rotation is very slow;

after creating the char, the camera works fine.

Asked a friend to try with the official windows binary (she is on windows Vista, with totally different video card and system) and she has the same problem

all ok for me, except when trying to create a new character: the camera rotation is very slow;

Asked a friend to try with the official windows binary (she is on windows Vista, with totally different video card and system) and she has the same problem

Yes, I can confirm it.

Signing on seems a lot faster with this release...seems very stable so far.

Kinda bummed to see the female orcs are fixed... it was wild to see their 7ft arms flailing about :brooding:

Still UVP:0 on my desktop

I think that I have red all RC posts , Its possible that I missed one or two.

but I dont know if you know this one , its the cloak .

I cant see the inside of the cloak with the RC patch

cloack2.jpg

Latest RC

cloack3.jpg

normal

You mean when rotating the camera with the keys or also with the mouse?

I can confirm the slow camera too when creating a char.

Except that, everything is fine for me.

Harvesting, sound&music, map changes, talking to NPC's (love the keypress option), magic/eye candy, no problem seen.

Piper

Video card: GeForce 8600M GS/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.1

Only problem i have found so far is the frame rate isnt exactly stable its bouncin between 16 -54 fps and pv is BAD i am down to 5-7 fps. I disabled new selection to see if that helped but it doesnt :)

On my laptop rendering still looks like in rc1 http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=429851 (all details in post) except UVP, which changed to 1. I have noticed that turning on some graphics features makes models complete black and turning all off makes model to blink more frequently. I think that some mechanism is too slow to properly render models. Is it a chance to make an option which switch trough new rendering style and old rendering style?

On my linux desktop pc

glinfo

Video card: GeForce 7600 GT/PCI/SSE2
Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

nothing work till I :) updated to latest drivers(previous EL 1.5 crashes with latest drivers so I have quite old drivers installed) and now it work excellent!.

Thanks for good work guys.

Edited by knufasz