Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Experimental Guild Rankings

If you sell or give your stones away, in a way your a being proxy'd into the combat.

I absolutely positively disagree with this statement.

I do agree that the summoning stones do make more of a mess of this, but keep in mind that the summoning stones to require summoning to make & that makes you a good source for the stones. If you sell or give your stones away, in a way your a being proxy'd into the combat.

This could be true if NPCs arent selling powerful stones (yeti and up)...remove that source (or 3x the prices) and make us happy.

Stones pwn summoning so easly lol, u can even move alchemy to combat skills since it gives u essences for harming, mana draining etc- following Learner's logic :evilgrin:

Atm summoning is very rarely or not used at all for combat/pking- afaik its a combo of harv and mix skill :lipssealed:

Stones pwn summoning so easly lol, u can even move alchemy to combat skills since it gives u essences for harming, mana draining etc- following Learner's logic :evilgrin:

Atm summoning is very rarely or not used at all for combat/pking- afaik its a combo of harv and mix skill :lipssealed:

Exactly! I was just going to edit my post and use alchemy and potions and crafting following that "logic"!

Summoning needs Instinct

Not relevant here.

And what non-combat uses are there for summons other then just looking that them?

None what-so-ever - so add it to tailoring as a 'making pretty things' category :lipssealed:

Edited by Raz

Summoning needs Instinct

Not relevant here.

And what non-combat uses are there for summons other then just looking that them?

None what-so-ever - so add it to tailoring as a 'making pretty things' category :lipssealed:

You have hidden stats cause:

With the cap on attributes – I got a whole load of pp back – and have had several ideas as to how I can become a true summoner in PK (as Entropy posted).

In January, Summoning was a combat skill for you.

In March, not.

What do you want?

And what combat abilities are there in clicking a stone everyone can afford to buy? or controlling a giant regardless of you lvl/charm?

None, but that doesn't make it any more indicative of combat skills either. It has nothing to do with a combat ranking just because you can click on a stone you didn't make or level summoning with.

And what combat abilities are there in clicking a stone everyone can afford to buy? or controlling a giant regardless of you lvl/charm?

You dont get combat ranking from using a stone, only for practicing a skill that is used only for combat.

You dont get combat ranking from using a stone, only for practicing a skill that is used only for combat.

I think the point was that the people making the stone (and getting the summoning experience then skill levels) are NOT using them for combat though. The person making the stones is the one putting out all the work needed to get the levels, not the fighter clicking on it. It just skews that ranking. It's not a fighting skill although the product sometimes is used for fighting among other things. Just as was pointed out, alchemy is not a fighting skill although the product is used for it among other things.

i think it is the other way around.

summon is a combat skill that people also use to make money.

if you are able to summon a dragon you definatly have a better condition in a fight.

we had a huge and fun fight at kf with a dragon that vormavius made it.

the main goal for a summoner, in my opinian, is to make a dragon and use it a pk.

Summoner has the ability to create life and make monster to use in a fight or tranning.

at L.A. web site you can see some pictures. http://home.comcast.net/~limited_addiction/

many strong players died to weak players beacuse of the summon skill at that day.

at L.A. web site you can see some pictures. http://home.comcast.net/~limited_addiction/

many strong players died to weak players beacuse of the summon skill at that day.

Summon skill or click-on-a-stone-somebody-else-made skill? NOT the same thing. Not everybody who levels summoning does it for combat purposes, that is just how the product is used by some people. How many people fight who actually have the summoning skill level to back up this claim, and SUMMON while in combat?

Dragon is not a stone.

if you have level 30 or more in summon you control the way your monster fight wich is part of a combat skill

also, some people raise a/d to get overall. and not to fight

same as summon . people raise summon to get money

however the main idea of a/d is to fight same as summon.

So you tell that i dont have high summoning level so i dont have high combat skillz? bleh...

I use summons alot (markusweck 'zoo' style) and i have 13 level of summoning...

Kinda n00bish logic. If you think about summoning, you have to take harvesting into consideration too. Because you cannot make any essies/stones w/o harvesting. So harving is a combat skill?? ofc NO

-Kadlub

So you tell that i dont have high summoning level so i dont have high combat skillz? bleh...

I use summons alot (markusweck 'zoo' style) and i have 13 level of summoning...

Kinda n00bish logic. If you think about summoning, you have to take harvesting into consideration too. Because you cannot make any essies/stones w/o harvesting. So harving is a combat skill?? ofc NO

-Kadlub

Can you kill 60 black dragon in a day?

I done.

With all I read here, probably you can kill it with the mind or with your 100/100 he. Me not.

i can kill 80 of them without a single summon level, so what the hell is ur point? :P

EDITED out - people will steal my way of making money lol :)

Edited by Tempest

Mmm...the point is: "is summoning a skill that makes you any better in combat?"

My answer is that it could be, but it isnt atm since the only thing i can make out of it, is a dragon. Everyone else can have 4 giants at the same cost (maybe more if lucky). Forget about the dragon (and afaik Raz didnt read the book yet), take Raz and Asgnny and let them fight...there is nothing that Raz can do with her summoning lvl that Asgnny cant do too. Probably Asgnny can even do better due to high charm.

A whole different scenario would arise if the chance of success of a summon from a stone and its control were linked to the summoning lvl/charm of the user...now Asgnny could be in trouble, Raz could use her 80+ lvl and the ranking have some sense. Otherwise, apart from that 10 people or less that can summon a dragon, summoning cant be considered (sadly) a combat skill.

And about the money...yes, summoning is good money & xp (quite less of both lately). That's not a good point against it being a combat skill, fighters used to serp yetis and earn lot from them. And tbh, i dont care about gcs...remove the income and i will still summon...

I totally agree with Fedora,

What i wanted to add is if summoning is a combat (?!?!) skill, then why we have an allrounder rank? :P

Not only summoning but also harv/alch/manu/etc/etc should be added to combat skill too then.

Harvest: You cant make anything like essies/pots/etc w/o harvesting.

Manu: If your manu is higher than you can make better armors so good for combat (?!?! again)

Alchemy: You cant cast spells w/o essences so to more essies you have to better you do in combat.

Crafting: Diss/tele is the best way to run, so if your crafting is better so you dont die easily.

It seems kinda stupid right? But thats what your logic says :medieval:

In combat, you can just hit/block and cast spells (if you wanna make a war again, tell summoning stones :), if yes we should add a rank that 'the best clicker to summoning stone' (prolly markusweck #1)) so only attack defense and magic levels should be considered into combatskills. If you want a real rank, then beg Learner to include Combatlevel also :blush:

my2cents;

-Kad

I totally agree with Fedora,

What i wanted to add is if summoning is a combat (?!?!) skill, then why we have an allrounder rank? :blink:

Not only summoning but also harv/alch/manu/etc/etc should be added to combat skill too then.

Harvest: You cant make anything like essies/pots/etc w/o harvesting.

Manu: If your manu is higher than you can make better armors so good for combat (?!?! again)

Alchemy: You cant cast spells w/o essences so to more essies you have to better you do in combat.

Crafting: Diss/tele is the best way to run, so if your crafting is better so you dont die easily.

It seems kinda stupid right? But thats what your logic says :)

In combat, you can just hit/block and cast spells (if you wanna make a war again, tell summoning stones :D, if yes we should add a rank that 'the best clicker to summoning stone' (prolly markusweck #1)) so only attack defense and magic levels should be considered into combatskills. If you want a real rank, then beg Learner to include Combatlevel also :devlish:

my2cents;

-Kad

None of those skills are used entirely for combat, like summoning is.

next time you are in a fight try to mix some HE or harv some branchs maybe it will help you.

Edited by Sampaio

next time you are in a fight try to mix some HE or harv some branchs maybe it will help you.

It helps exactly as much as summoning skill, which means 0 coz u cant mix while fighting ;)

Also ur summons( no matter if from stones or normal summons) dont make u earn pk points when they kill some1 for u :P