Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

This isn't right!

Well gaining big def/oa exp is of course extremely easy on f.chim/m.chim, but to gain a good amount of att and def exp at a fairly even ratio on them you're using a wep in Tirnym... great... 1 suitable spawn in the whole game that makes it so 1 person can go train m/f.chim and get better att exp than d,chim/feros/fluff...

EDIT:

In fact asgnny you make a very good point as to why the chims definitely should get their stats changed.

A lot of factors in character building now affect what makes a good PK char, but one thing that i think everyone will still agree on is that max p/c is still a key part of a good PK char.

So, as it stands right now, a person with maximum Might can go weaponless to Tirnym and make massive OA exp p/h:

500k-800k exp/hour

I think if someone wants to be able to do the traditionally very fast exp "def training", then they should have to keep low p/c. Lowering the f/m.chim's toughness/armor will

A. make it so attack exp can be effectively earned without the requirement of getting Tirnym to yourself, and

B. maintain the traditional EL idea of there being exp gain ability trade-offs if you have big p/c, something i've in the past gotten the impression you're for:

From as far back as I can remember, there has been a tradeoff between pumping phys & coord and maximizing exp.

It's a matter of short-term strength vs. longevity in leveling.

The challenge to players is to determine the best build, and undergo the trials and tribulations of leveling skills and balancing the tradeoff of having strength in PK

Right now there is no thought at all about what p/c to have for f/m.chim because there are no options. People still need to carefully consider their other attributes, but if we make it so m/f.chims can be hit @ 48/48 p/c, we add another variable that they will have to consider for their strategy;

Do i keep p/c lower for mass def and OA exp p/h?, or do i reduce my hourly exp for the sake of att exp and PK prowess?

I think people should still need to ask themselves this question, even m/f.chim trainers.

As the chim stats stand right now, i know i for one plan to someday take a high p/c/i/v+tinf build and goto Tirnym and make disgustingly high amounts of def and OA exp per hour... my suggestion to change m/f.chim toughness is not a selfish one.

Edited by Korrode

I hope that high lvl mobs will never be so easy to train on like low/mid lvl mobs, that u will have to use some brain to train on them and also u will die often, like it always was :)

I hope that high lvl mobs will never be so easy to train on like low/mid lvl mobs, that u will have to use some brain to train on them and also u will die often, like it always was :)

I agree and hope so too. :devlish: