Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

This isn't right!

I train desert chims at -19 a/d can barley hit a forrest chim? wtf?

dcw health att def

180 100 100

Fcw health att def

250 110 100

Just a little more att and health? how much p/c? i'm maxed on both at 48 now.

When you can kill one monster easy, you should be able to almost train next in line -at least thats the way it worked until this point. now for decent training exp i'm forced to train -19 ad. Can we adjust forest more in line with most others in game? Few train on them that i have seen, and those that do train them in rot - and use a good sword to kill mountain chims (not a good spawn to box) as well. I have never seen anyone actually train in willowvane and tress and stuff make training there a pain in the ass. Chims are great to train now I always find a open spawn -no one wants to train them because drops suck( i avg 1 drop in every 200-250) and they hit hard.

And i am not new to chims - I bet i am close to top of list dcw killed. so i don't consider myself a noob posting to complain about something he knows nothing about - enough time wasted - bk to dcw @ -19

flame away

Bur, it's due to your Might VS the F.chim's Toughness/Armor.

Grab an Iron broad sword and test, it has no accuracy or crit bonues, but once you're using that you'll hit a lot more.

It's not that you cant actually hit them, it's just that your hits dont do enough damage to get through their armor/toughness.

Try training them with a low end wep perhaps.

EDIT:

Considering the stated desired softcap of ~150 a/d, i think the forest and mountain chims toughness/armor need to be changed so they can be boxed at 48/48 p/c. Because it seems u always crit for a lot when a wep is equipped, even using a low end wep, it just doesnt work out the same as boxing.

EDIT2:

From what bur's saying in-game, even an iron broad is not adding enough damage... which makes sense, considering i remember seph needing a steel long with 44/72 p/c... so with 48/48 p/c a Ti long or even Ti serp would probably be needed for get most hits in :\

Edited by Korrode

What Korrode said.

Ppl plz read the skills>combat subforum, a lot of pr0 knowledge there that allows u to train faster and more comfortable, use the knowledge other players have put there :D

Stay on fluff/feros till u can move to yetis lol, chims r BAD for exp/money, train chims if all fluffies/feroses r taken only and u cant find pvp partner( so schoolars/ sun tzu days ;p )

Burfoot i assume u got 48p/c and some reasoning, even then u will get over 200k/h oa exp in human 3 armors on feros, with very little restoring and very less armor breaks, -19a/d ofc :D

Leave forest/mountain chims for n00bs who cant serp yetis, let them break their steel/tit sets and cols, b smart urself :D

mp

i agree, i stay fluffs at -19 a/d and still get 250k~ a hour. though im also 48/48 pc. other then that i do dchims with-19/full def. i normally only use steel chains and no col, ive broken way to much on em :D

If you read the topic, it says "This isn't right". Surely it's easier to stay on fluff/feros for ages but then what's the point in having chims if noone trains on them

Thing that i dont understand that i cant even hit fchim barehanded (my dex is +40) but if i wear OS which is 0 acc, i can hit very easily. Whats the difference :D

Thing that i dont understand that i cant even hit fchim barehanded (my dex is +40) but if i wear OS which is 0 acc, i can hit very easily. Whats the difference :D

criticals?

Read my post Kad :D

To put what Korrode said in slightly different words: its not that your not hitting it, its that you don't deal enough damage to break through its toughness so you get no exp for the hits unless you critical. This is why you would need a weapon to get more exp, not b/c it will increase accuracy, but that it will deal enough physical damage to break through its toughness. The only time it might be beneficial to fight chims is if you have astro and are at the high end of + a/d, otherwise i would stick to feros/fluffy.

Edited by LevinMage

Thing that i dont understand that i cant even hit fchim barehanded (my dex is +40) but if i wear OS which is 0 acc, i can hit very easily. Whats the difference :whistle:

Forest and mountain chims r not fluffies with little higher a/d, they r different monsters, made to break a lot and to kill ppl who train on them and not give too much attack xp.

They can give a lot of def and oa exp but at big cost( when u do multi-training on them).

I made an experiment, on test server i took about p160c24 and tried all mobs from fluff to giant.

M-chims and weaker mobs hit me max for 6 health( so 1+5 from gelly), but yeti, ac or giant was hitting me badly, cocktarices didnt hit me that often coz they also got low coord.

I could easly hit desert forest and mountain chims barehanded, and if i used orc slayer i had 100% hits in phantom warriors, those r mobs with big armor/toughness so u need big might(damage) and not neccecary big coord to hit them.

If any1 got any questions plz ask, many ppl here try to help :P

Hmm thnx for all who gave informations :whistle:

IMO, Ent should have also capped mobs when he capped us... Caps came to help PK but killed the training... Bleh :P

IMO, Ent should have also capped mobs when he capped us... Caps came to help PK but killed the training... Bleh :P

Why should mobs be capped? Maybe the uber high mobs instead should me limited to multi combat maps to make them group efforts.

If i remember correctly, high mobs like dragons and giants were never even supposed to be killed by one person?

Why should mobs be capped? Maybe the uber high mobs instead should me limited to multi combat maps to make them group efforts.

We can always kill everything with team effort even the most ranked players... I was talking about training. not killing. Killing is the easiest thing in EL.

We can always kill everything with team effort even the most ranked players... I was talking about training. not killing. Killing is the easiest thing in EL.

Weren't people just saying you can train with feros?

Yeah u can train feros with 200k/h and u could train yetis 450k/h... wtf? :whistle:

now, people with 130's even train with feros/dcw's... so, almost everytime all spawns are taken, though chims and yetis are always fukin empty...

Yeah u can train feros with 200k/h and u could train yetis 450k/h... wtf? :devlish:

now, people with 130's even train with feros/dcw's... so, almost everytime all spawns are taken, though chims and yetis are always fukin empty...

The problem is that people feel they need to be able to train on mobs :D:P

The problem is that people feel they need to be able to train on mobs :P:devlish:

Maybe combat experience should only be received by breaking equipment and helping economy so there wouldn't be this problem:devlish:

The problem is that people feel they need to be able to train on mobs :P:devlish:

Umm, I don't get it. Do you mean on particular mobs or in general. Because if in general, what are we supposed to train with? Dummies or with each other?

I think Learner is saying that people think every monster in the game should be able to be used for training.

I highly agree that not every monster should be usable for training.

But on the specific cases of the Forest and Mountain Chimerans, imo they should be trainable, barefist (and that opinion is taking into account the ability to -19 TS, the attribute cap, and the desire for a ~150 a/d softcap).

korrode is right on this (IMO). players are around 150 a/d alrdy and chims are easy to take for em with -19 a/d. yetis ok.. i know some people are able to train on them nicely with tishort/long, but they'r ok as they are right now. not to high drops/not many good spawns and 1 and a half min respawn time.

but chims are like high thoughness big armor breakrate and still sucky drops, so would be at least nice if they'r trainable so the game is a bit lets say.. "more balanced" ?

Kibora said it best for me

If you read the topic, it says "This isn't right". Surely it's easier to stay on fluff/feros for ages but then what's the point in having chims if noone trains on them

I have trained dcw for a year now - so they are trainable! (probably killed more than anyone)

But I would like to train something different.move upward so to speak. was hoping Entropy would see this and consider changing stats. Since caps more have stayed on, or gone bk to ferros/fluffy on ts - spawns are hard to find ect ect ect i know this just don't like it :lipssealed:

not really expecting a change just hoping others felt the same way - thought I't was worth a try :)

When Ent wants us to reach his hard 179 a/d/oa cap he will make training even easier than its now, till that time we need to stick to 3-4 times easier/cheaper/faster exp in a/d than in any other skill :)

not really expecting a change

Why not? I certainly am.

A modification was made to the game which massively changed the entire face of combat in EL; the 48 cap.

tbh i'm surprised topics like this one haven't come up much sooner, high level fighter's can now only obtain 2/3 of the Might many of them used to have, it makes a lot of sense that some creature stats would need to be changed due to the introduction of the cap.

There are a number of people who can get lots of exp on forest and/or mountain chims. There is still quite a bit of flexibility in what one can train on at those levels. There is no longer the option of taking 80-160 coordination, however there is a wide variety of armor, weaponry, potions, attributes, and perks, which can all be used to yield satisfactory training. Some feros trainers earn 450k+ exp per hour. Some players easily surpass this mark on chims.

If one player can do it, that means the system isn't broken, so much as everyone else just hasn't yet figured out the right combination.