Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

PK Mortos spawned Invasions

Mortos invasions  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Mortos style invasions?

• Yes a once a week invasion would be great!
    • Yes occasionally a Mortos invasion would be great!
    • No we are just fine the way we are!
    • No we don't want Mortos showing up here!

Vote for what you would like. Maybe Radu will look at this and we can get invasions on the PK server as well. Either by Mortos or by someone who could run the invasions.

Vote for what you would like. Maybe Radu will look at this and we can get invasions on the PK server as well. Either by Mortos or by someone who could run the invasions.

I would particularly love if a few of them are announced in advanced so those who have PK server accounts but rarely log on to them would see that they have a good reason to be on more often.

Pointless apart from the ~5 people with Cyclops atk/def.. Not much point in Summoning Gargs, is there?..

Voted #3

Pointless apart from the ~5 people with Cyclops atk/def.. Not much point in Summoning Gargs, is there?..

Voted #3

Why assume that only high a/d levels are interested? I must be completely missing your point, but do those people who are on gargs not enjoy or benefit from a garg invasion? Since when does Mortos invade with only one mob?

The entire concept fascinates me. I'd love to see how people respond to the idea of an invasion (which is often a cooperative event) while trying to PK each other. The inherent social dynamics at play are enough to make this worthwhile if only as an experiment.

Actually with almost no moderators in PK server chances for Mortos (or similar) invasion are close to nil.

Interesting coincidence. Less that 12 hours ago I was talking with Piper about this very thing. We were wondering if some regularly scheduled and announced (on forums) invasions might generate more interest in the PK server. People would come for the invasions, and perhaps stay to train or make supplies for the next one.

I was thinking a wide range of invading creatures, spread across multiple maps. Try and make a place where everyone who wants to participate can find a spot to do so. And personally, I'd like to stay away from the "trick" invasions ("Oh look, it's a bunch of rabbits. Opps, sorry, forgot to tell you about the couple of fluffies mixed in!").

The lack of mods isn't a problem. There are ways around that, or a mod could simply pop-in for an hour to run an invasion (doesn't have to stick around).

I don't know if invasions would help generate more interest. But it wouldn't hurt, and we gotta do something before the PK server just fades away.

I wonder how many people have been around during mortos spawns. I have been there when the highest spawn was skeletons. Just cause it is a massive spawn does not necessarily mean that has to be high lvl spawns. People just always presume they no exactly what type of spawn it will be.

THe poll was not even for "Mortos" to do it. It stated MORTOS STYLE SPAWNS. don't read into the poll.

I read back through the POLL I did not see the box for moderation Maybe someone has different questions than I see. Or AGAIN someone is presuming again.

I see why Entropy hates doing polls now.

Edited by Banedon

Well unless invasions are automated, an admin level mod has to run them.

Funny you all dislike mods until you want something from us.

The only way around mods running an invasion is for ent to do it or it to be automated. I hope we aren't on the kick of trying to make non-mods admins again under the guise of running invasions.

As far as I remember PK server community was overzealously happy there is no moderation and no moderators in PK server. It was also claimed that a lack of aformentioned moderators is a very good reason to join PK server.

Now you ask for an invasion lead by a moderator. What's wrong with you people? Be consequent.

You don't want moderators in your server. It's all good, but why would I waste my time and run the invasion there?

Edited by Vanyel

Funny you all dislike mods until you want something from us.
What's wrong with you people? Be consequent. You don't want moderators in your server. It's all good, but why would I waste my time and run the invasion there?

Wow, I had no idea there was so much hurt and bitterness about this. I figured mods would enjoy the chance to run an invasion, kill a few people, and then leave. All the fun with none of the responsibility.

I enjoy running events for people that don't treat me like the worst plague in the world.

Guess what? What goes around, comes back around.

Edited by Vanyel

Wow, I had no idea there was so much hurt and bitterness about this. I figured mods would enjoy the chance to run an invasion, kill a few people, and then leave. All the fun with none of the responsibility.

Apparently you still have no idea. Not hurt and bitterness, but a real dislike of being bashed behind my back then asked for a favor really sweetly. I really could care less if we moderate on the pk server. I was all for it, I even made a character over here to exactly try the "All of the fun with none of the responsibility" thing. I've already posted why I didn't stay in another thread. (And don't give me the "leave the channel" bit, I can play solitaire just as easily for that solution).

I do have issues with round about ways to get something wanted.

Well I can sure understand your feelings on the issue. Personally I don't believe I've ever said anything bad about mods nor commented negatively about having mods on the PK server. But I know things have been said and I know the hurt it can cause.

Hopefully we can find another way to inject some energy into the PK server and try to generate more interest there. A few of us are still there and would like to see it thrive.

Even though i'm not on the pk server, surely everyone would just pk each other therefore no point invasion?

I don't think the PK server is exactly crawling with people waiting to be PKed :icon13:

Besides, invasions are a lot different than PK and fun in their own way.

I guess I'm not online enough on the PK server to know really, but do the automated invasions happen on the PK server?

...but do the automated invasions happen on the PK server?
Yes, but they are totally unannounced since the GWIS is not build there, and the critters are usually to strong for most of the players there. There isn't anything particularly fun or interesting about them other than the occasional announcement on @1 "Artic Chims in VotD, watch out!". Yes, I'm gonna rush right over and "play"... :icon13:

We need some real invasions run by a person to provide something interesting over there.

...but do the automated invasions happen on the PK server?
Yes, but they are totally unannounced since the GWIS is not build there, and the critters are usually to strong for most of the players there. There isn't anything particularly fun or interesting about them other than the occasional announcement on @1 "Artic Chims in VotD, watch out!". Yes, I'm gonna rush right over and "play"... :confused:

We need some real invasions run by a person to provide something interesting over there.

Ah I see :icon13:

Though I might run over there to take part in an invasion on the PK server if one was pre-announced, or hang out to prepare, it seems like a lot of work to trouble a mod (which there really aren't any but radu...) so it seems like a lot of work to trouble radu to run an invasion for so few people, especially when there are invasions so often on the main server that people can take part in.

...so it seems like a lot of work to trouble radu to run an invasion for so few people, especially when there are invasions so often on the main server that people can take part in.
That's absolutely true. But the theory is that having regular, pre-announced, fun (ie, not automated) invasions it will generate more interest and there will be more people on the PK server.

If we can get people there with invasions, keep them there with more invasions and other events (like contests), we can reach whatever the "critical mass" of players is to get the PK server healthy. Once it has enough regular players, then people will start having fun hunting and fighting (which was the whole point of the server) as well as the suppliers doing what they do.

The point is that the PK server is going to need the input of some energy/effort to get it self-sustaining. The past few months have demonstrated that its simple existence isn't enough to get and hold people's interest. And personally, I'm not ready to give up and pull-the-plug.

I hope we aren't on the kick of trying to make non-mods admins again under the guise of running invasions.

This was tried in the past and failed? what happened? (sorry must be before my time).

--------------------

(I actually originally posted the following in another thread, but moved it here as it's more suitable here i think)

Hang on, if i say "i don't want moderators on the PK server", that doesn't mean i'm saying "I don't want Aislinn on the PK server"... the mods shouldn't take it so personally, most of the EL mods are nice people, some i consider friends... being against moderation is not a personal attack on the moderators as people, at least, not from me it isn't.

Just make some willing person who's proved themselves to be level headed and trustworthy, and is willing to do it, an "admin" or whatever on the PK server so they can run invasions... whats the big deal?

Edited by Korrode

I hope we aren't on the kick of trying to make non-mods admins again under the guise of running invasions.

This was tried in the past and failed? what happened? (sorry must be before my time).

--------------------

(I actually originally posted the following in another thread, but moved it here as it's more suitable here i think)

Hang on, if i say "i don't want moderators on the PK server", that doesn't mean i'm saying "I don't want Aislinn on the PK server"... the mods shouldn't take it so personally, most of the EL mods are nice people, some i consider friends... being against moderation is not a personal attack on the moderators as people, at least, not from me it isn't.

Just make some willing person who's proved themselves to be level headed and trustworthy, and is willing to do it, an "admin" or whatever on the PK server so they can run invasions... whats the big deal?

I answered you on the other thread :)