Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alderan

fight for your religion

Killerlamb, that was not meant to be a slam. I meant exactly what I said: some people may have put their religion as Jedi as a joke. Just like somebody probably put Brittney Spears, or Backstreet Boys, or chocolate, or whatever.

If somebody said he could pick up a car, would you believe him? Or would you say, "Yeah right, lets see it." If God is to have anyone believe he is all powerful, he must keep to the promises/covanents/things he says. He must also back it up when somebody (or a group of someones) directly goes against what he says. Otherwise, everyone would loose faith in Him. The popular image of God smiting isn't true... He doesn't sit in a chair and direct lighting bolts at people because they cussed or something. But he must remove/chasten/change those who He sees as people who will lead others away.

And that last post by Killerlamb I find very offensive. :x Just so he knows.

You're a mind pawn. You will believe anything "GOD" says!

Also, you are an anti-semetic BASTARD. You are as bad as Hitler. If you had the power I bet you would start a second anti-semetic Holocaust.

Do you mean my God just shrunk my penis post??? That is pure gold!

Okay, this thread has gone way too far. I'll place some additional comments, and then I'm out of this thread, since I read these forums for EL, not for a religious debate.

*) If I truly have free will, then I can *choose* to do something that God didn't intend.

*) Alderan, to many people the Bible is nothing more than an interesting historical document. I think you can find valuable moral lessons in there. I think that if you look for them, you will also find numerous contradictions, and acts of a not so loving god.

*) If God truly wants me to believe in him: he is said to be all-knowing, so he must know what will convince me. So far he hasn't convinced me yet, so I must conclude that either he doesn't know I don't believe, or he doesn't care.

That being said, if you find comfort or moral guidance in Christianity or any other religion, you're free to believe as you wish. Just don't expect me to.

killerlamb, god loves ALL of us, yes he loves YOU to, but, he gave us a choice, like everyone sais they want, there "free will" god gave it to us, most people choose the wrong path, but us who choose the right path try to get those who took the wrong one, onto the right one, and it has been PROVED that jesus did exist.

Yes, but the fact that Jesus really lived, doesnt prove that the religion is the right one.

I mean, it's also proved that the Egyptian Farao's really lived, but that doesnt necessarily mean that their beliefs are right.

Guest Toyminator

Stop this shit, more people died than ever because of the one thing: Religion

Stalin; 10.000.000

Hitler; 6.000.000

Saddam; 230.000

Not 100% because of the religion, but they all have something to do with it.

Wow, in 2 days this has gone from 2 pages to 6...

ShadowKnight, not all Christians have tried to force religion upon others. Not all have caused wars, killed those of other religions, and so forth. Many good Christians were never a part of such things. Those who have forced religion upon others will be judged by God accordingly. Those who have been involved in wars will be judged, though I believe there is a such thing as a good war, and I would not doubt that many such 'killers' were forced to fight others or go against their leaders (whom they believed incapable of error).  

As proof of this statement, look at the Mormons. Who have they killed? Which country have they attacked? It is true they preach to others, but they do not force religion upon others. Nor have they ever. They present Mormon beliefs to those who haven't had the chance to learn them, and then the choice is theirs. If it were different, many countries wouldn't let us preach there. Of course, I may be biased (I'm Mormon), but nowhere in our history have these things happened.  

I did not say that all Christians are responsible for this. This was directed towards those who do.

i dont think you should call the bible "just like any other book" it is NOT, it is the word of GOD other book's are word's of MAN, and unlike most book's the bible is ALL true, none of it is wrong!

So if the bible is ALL true, why are there so many versions of it? I remember hearing in one of the older versions, it said jesus turned water into fermented juices or something like that. In a newer version, it said wine. They are not the similar, but not the same. So how is it that two different statements are both right?

Besides, there are other religions where people believe in it as strongly as you believe in christianity. Would you tell them that you are right and they are wrong, even though you have no proof beyond a book?

That is why i personally am agnostic. I believe that there is the possibility that god exists, but that possibility is no greater than any other religion, or any scientific theory. Or, there is a chance that each religion only has a piece of the story, or that they are all wrong. However, i respect pretty much all views, since, true or not, they give people something to believe in, and help them live their lives in a good way.

Killerlamb, you insult me. You insult every Christian. As I've tried to argue, and you simply ignored my statements, I'll say nothing more then that I am not anti-Sematic, that I never have been, and that I've never tried to insult/hurt a Jewish person. In fact, I'm going to prom with one.

Grum, God doesn't come up to each and every one of us and say, "Look at me! See, I do exist! Watch me lift this building in the air and smash Bill Gate's car with it, then watch me undo the damage so you know I'm God." If he did that, there would be no question in people's minds. There would be no doubt, and therefore no test. It'd be like my math teacher putting the formulas and answers on the board just before a test, just to prove that it is how we are supposed to do it.

Toyminator, people didn't die from religion. People died because some fanatic went against the most basic law of the world: Don't kill other humans. They may have done this in the name of religion, but in reality most religions teach against killing others. Some do, but I won't get into that. Oh, and I don't remember Stalin killing out of religion, I remember Stalin killing because people opposed his rule and the communist government of the then Soviet Union.

It isn't possible to prove one religion over another through any book, any arguement, or any theory or reasoning. The only way to know it's true is provided from the source: God Himself. Or if want, from the Holy Ghost who acts with God. I can't even really describe how it feels, it's like nothing else when the Holy Ghost tells you something is true or not true. Yes, I do believe I've felt it. I believe it with all my heart.

Since I've posted most every basic concept in the Mormon beliefs, and the same arguements keep coming up, I think I'll have to get out of this as well. I'll still comment on anything directed to me or Mormons, but anybody who does listen has heard enough to think about my beliefs.

So if the bible is ALL true, why are there so many versions of it?

There aren't. There are different translations of it. Big difference there. The original text has always been the same, but it has been translated into many different languages over the years. The Torah (Old testament, Jewish bible) was actually translated from Hebrew into Greek before Jesus was even born.

Killerlamb, you insult me. You insult every Christian. As I've tried to argue, and you simply ignored my statements, I'll say nothing more then that I am not anti-Sematic, that I never have been, and that I've never tried to insult/hurt a Jewish person. In fact, I'm going to prom with one.

With ONE. That shows you feel that their is a major barrier between you and Jews. You said that Jesus Cursed the Jews! You said that is why the holocaust happend and that is THE most intolerant thing I have ever heard.

And I was trying to insult Christians, thanks. I have Christians friends, but they don't talk abou their religion. Eveyone who does can burn in hell!