Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alderan

fight for your religion

i have been getting off topic in the post below, but now grum and I can talk here without getting booted :cry: I AM A CHRISTIAN

i have been getting off topic in the post below, but now grum and I can talk here without getting booted :cry: I AM A CHRISTION
christian*

*waits for all the flames this thread will cause*

methodist* baptist*

sometimes I really wonder if I'm related to this guy...

*cough* but ya .. alderan(hes my brother, unfortunatly enough) and me go to a southern baptist church, over here in tennessee...

WTF?

What am I supposed to flame about? So, you're a Christian? Well, good for you.

go away ak1 ...why do I doubt you've ever even been to a christian church to begin with?

I never said it'd be you grum - though alderan may have - but there is a LOT of conflict about religions nowadays...

the reason I go to a baptist church is because I've been taken to one every week by my parants since I was born...

I've never really thought about the differant denominations, but your words intrigue me... I may research a bit o.O

I have nothing against christianity, except when the go to war and try to convert people to save them from "eternal damnation".Thus, throughout history, they fought war in the name of peace and love. Then, they talk about how jesus loves everyone, then colonial americans force native americans to give up their land because they are barbarians and heathens.

Ok, once again, i have nothing against christianity, only those who force their religion on others, and/or use christianity to justify very un-christian things.

I never said it'd be you grum - though alderan may have

I know Hazor, I was talking to Alderan.

once again, i have nothing against christianity, only those who force their religion on others

I fully agree with that.

i do not force my riligion on others, it dose not work, i try to get people to belive what i do, but i do not force them too listen, i realy hope ill see you all in heaven, but if you are not a christians you wont make it :cry: evan if you dont have anything against christians, if you are not one you will not go to heaven :cry:

You *are* pretty sure about that, aren't you?

I always find it pretty amazing that a loving god forbids about 2/3 of the world's population to enter heaven.

But maybe that's just me.

i realy hope ill see you all in heaven, but if you are not a christians you wont make it  evan if you dont have anything against christians, if you are not one you will not go to heaven

That's where i have a problem. Let's say (simply for example's sake) that god does exist and all other religions are wrong. Let's also say that someone was born in a part of the world where everyone practices another religion and no one has even heard of christianity. Now, even though jesus loves everyone, since this person was raised by a non christian family, he/she does not even know what heaven is. That would mean that even though he/she is a very good person, he/she is forced to suffer eternal damnation just because of how and where he/she was raised. Not a very loving god, is it?

Or, what if Christianity was wrong, and the universe was really created by a different god. This god also decreed that those who do not believe in him automatically go to hell. Thus, you, being christian, would go to hell no matter what kind of person you are. Would that be fair?

99% of all christians are idiots and hypocrites. I don't have a problem with christianity, just most christians. I agree with what Cicero said. Having so many friggin "branches" of christianity is just stupid. Isn't it the same damn religion. Don't you all believe christ died for us and was resurrected, and will return again someday? I don't get why theres like 50000 different variations of the same damn religion. Thats stupidity. And christianity has been used wrongly just like every other religion, by idiots who want to "convert" everyone.

but if you are not a christians you wont make it :cry: evan if you dont have anything against christians, if you are not one you will not go to heaven :cry:

I find this to be one of the dumbest things that some chrisitans say. You are judged on what you know, your deeds in life, and how you treat others and have lived your life.

If you are born somewhere that has had no outside influence-there are very few places left like this-yet they DO still exist, there would be no possible way for you to know about christianity unless Jesus/God comes to you personally. So what about those people, do they go to hell just because of where they were born? I dont think so.

And those people who killed others during the crusades and inquisition, were, obviously, not chrisitans. They just called themselves that.