Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

Drop Free PKing Maps!

No drop day is something rare. It does only last 6 hours.

If you eat cookies all the time, they start to taste bad. After couple of weeks this would be like all other PK areas. Sometimes action, most of times not.

Wow...there are sooooooo many posts of the exact same suggestion and i think most have been locked...

Yes it would be cool to pk without loosing items, but then again, it would make the game FAR too easy.

If you want to pk you need to take risks, and if you don't want to take risks or loose items wait for NDD, buy a rost or use crappy gear.

You don't want to loose items/rosts you don't pk, simple.

Its a way of EL life, why should we make everything so easy. The game is meant to be challenging.

Some of the reason people pk is to take others items not just to train.

If you don't like pk don't pk.

"Yes it would be cool to pk without loosing items, but then again, it would make the game FAR too easy."

By what scale would it be far to easy? How would it be far to easy? Equipment will still be expensive, PK skill will still be vital... the game would just be less tedious, not less challenging.

"If you want to pk you need to take risks"

The risk of breaking armor, and simply the risk of getting pwned is enough.

"or use crappy gear."

I've explained in other threads why this isn't an option, not explaining again, so read all past on-topic threads.

"You don't want to loose items/rosts you don't pk, simple.

Its a way of EL life, why should we make everything so easy. The game is meant to be challenging."

Yeah it used to be the way of life that we'd hang a man for stealing a loaf of bread and women had no rights... sometimes changing the "way of life" is a good thing... and as i said, these suggestions will not make the game less "challenging", just less tedious.

No drop day is something rare. It does only last 6 hours.

If you eat cookies all the time, they start to taste bad. After couple of weeks this would be like all other PK areas. Sometimes action, most of times not.

I disagree, and you cant make that statement being 100% sure of it... unless... u can see potential futures?

Other games prove that drop-less PK keeps the action rolling, PM me in-game i'll send u the names of some MMOs with constant PvP action happening, the common element of these games; no drops when u die.

Edited by Korrode

In last NDD, something strange happened and i got pwnt by 4 members of AoI. Tho they are not n00bs but i didnt think they will stand so well. They actually made a team-work and pwnt me.

Team work ftw o/ ....Go AoI \o/ \o/

But the problem is, i dont see them much in PK's in normal days. If i am online 20 hours, i spend my ~15 hours in PK's.

err.you are 4ever freaking chasing me.i dont agree w/ that statement XD

^^

@GerbilD

The only times i've seen u in KF on normal days u weren't wearing weapon/armors, assuming thats the state you've always been in when Kad chases you, then he did mention you:

and 1-2 merc runners in my counters.

:P

Hello all addicts of EL

Hiya :P

EDIT# i wont suggest anything after this...

OK :P

And to be more on topic:

PK in eL is crazy expensive, if u , me and 5 other players who still remember it cheap want it to be cheap again we can go to pk server, but there wont be any1 beside us there ;)

U can always w8 for things to change, maybe someday instead of rostos ent will sell some stones that give u +200/300/400% exp bonus for 6 hours and make pk cheap, lets w8 till that happens :)

mp

@Korrode

Just because you cant see armour and weapons, doesnt mean i dont have them in them inv, and

assuming thats the state you've always been in when Kad chases you,

you assume wrongly.

^^

Edited by GerbilD

Ah, so, me letting u live last time i saw u at the merc cause i thought u were an equipment-less merc grabber was a mistake? I'll be sure to not make the same assumption again :P

LOL it took me way too long to read all teh posts ;)

@Bob, lol you are totally wrong, as i said before, maybe you are one of the char-buyers but i have been playing EL for 5 years and i clearly remember what PK was...

ND map will make PK totally active, i dont think it will be no-action again coz thats not the same with TD (oldschool) map. Once you go there with cheap st00f, toom comes with his lovely jsoc and pwnz you. Fair?

"If you want to pk you need to take risks"

The big risk is breaking an item. It actually costs way more than rostos... Think about col/tit sets/dragon armors etc, you ll find the answer urself.

"And to be more on topic:

PK in eL is crazy expensive, if u , me and 5 other players who still remember it cheap want it to be cheap again we can go to pk server, but there wont be any1 beside us there :P

U can always w8 for things to change, maybe someday instead of rostos ent will sell some stones that give u +200/300/400% exp bonus for 6 hours and make pk cheap, lets w8 till that happens"

Dear eMPi, i still want PK to be cheap and i work my ass hard for it. But as i said this is the last time :D (or maybe i ll quit and merc runners will be safe :P )

You and oldschool players -not char-buyers- know how PK was fun. But look at PK now... totally empty and 1-2 owning guilds. (Im actually against the #set_ally_guild command) Yea, alliances are one of the pains i know... But the solution is to remove that command :)

"I don't go to PK maps simply because I don't really know what to expect and I'm not going to risk my stuff while figuring out how to PK effectively. If there was a no drop PM map (even with no exp) I would very likely use it to improve my fighting techniques and eventually move on to real PK maps. It sounds to me like this idea will add more PKers to the game."

This post is the answer of all. A post from a low a/d'ed player...

My2cents;

Regards,

-Kad

This wont make PK any better than what it is now, all you'll be doing now is wasting a hell of alot of supplys, for no gain at all, and another thing, people say they don't get drops, I bet 95%~ of PKers have got 1 'drop' worth over 100k.. It's not a huge amount, but if you take into consideration what was spent on PK its good. Thats one of the main reasons I pk'd so much, I made more exp/gc a day than I would if I sat at a fluffy spawn for 5 hours. (~600k oa exp a day back then..) Although, I'm the luckiest person when it comes to PK drops, lol.

#Edit - It's a nice idea trying to revive PK, but.. tbh Kads and other PKers, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Most of these suggestions wont affect it in anyway. PK is pretty much dead, compared to what it used to be. And I don't see it going back to what it was either, something you'll all need to live with I guess.

Edited by Superman

I don't say make all PK's ND ones... I suggest to have only 1 map non-drop. others and arenas will remain as it is now... If you want drops go there...

Offtopic: Btw i got 1mil-worth DB from Disturbed in TD :P

I don't say make all PK's ND ones... I suggest to have only 1 map non-drop. others and arenas will remain as it is now... If you want drops go there...

Exactly, lol.. I think I have got ~7 Therm Serps from PK, and lots of other stuff, but I wont spam it here. ;)

I know, but I don't see it helping, maybe for a week or so, it would be fun, but the idea will wear off and get boring after a while.

#Edit - Removing every PK Map/Cave on C2, will increase PK, then turn the WS arena into a ND arena, I think is a good idea.

Edited by Superman

Exactly, lol.. I think I have got ~7 Therm Serps from PK, and lots of other stuff, but I wont spam it here. ;)

I know, but I don't see it helping, maybe for a week or so, it would be fun, but the idea will wear off and get boring after a while.

#Edit - Removing every PK Map/Cave on C2, will increase PK, then turn the WS arena into a ND arena, I think is a good idea.

Yes, of course there wont be 100 players in there everytime but its for sure more people will go PK ...

too small for it :P people might get stucked ;)

Yeah and wouldn't allow for multiple lower a/d'ers to gang a high level one (yes there are tactics that can be used in an arena, but they are no where near as efficient as a multi-combat map).

I'm not going to respond to Bob and Liquid's arguments to my point that it cant possibly make PK any worse than it is now, if they truly are blind enough to think it would somehow make it worse, then there's little hope of getting them to look at the situation for what it is and see reason.

Personally I would have thought high a/d fighters would have been all for this idea,it can only help in the long run to make pk more active.

The way I see it (and maybe wrong) is with the introduction of the new level limit arena's after the update,normal pk maps will become empty.

It will be:

"Why should I go to KF to get jumped by 2-3 players 20-30 a/d higher than me, when I can go to a 80 or a 100 a/d capped arena and fight people my own level"

A NDD map would bring everyone together imo and I thought the higher pkers would want that or they might just end up sat in KF alone picking flowers

edit: roll on 110 capped arena :P

Edited by conavar

"Why should I go to KF to get jumped by 2-3 players 20-30 a/d higher than me, when I can go to a 80 or a 100 a/d capped arena and fight people my own level"

Yeah how horrid is it going to be for the 120+ a/d people... the only people they will have to fight... is... each other :P (or a group of lower level people) ...so unfair eh?

Edited by Korrode

@Conavar

Isn't it a tad bit too much 40 cap, 80 cap, 100 cap (not sure if there is any, not important), 110 cap, then 115?

I like the idea of capped arenas, yet, not sure if having too many of them won't kill the purpose. Instead of gathering people at more less same a/d in one place they will be spread on dozen arenas.

Yeah and wouldn't allow for multiple lower a/d'ers to gang a high level one (yes there are tactics that can be used in an arena, but they are no where near as efficient as a multi-combat map).

I'm not going to respond to Bob and Liquid's arguments to my point that it cant possibly make PK any worse than it is now, if they truly are blind enough to think it would somehow make it worse, then there's little hope of getting them to look at the situation for what it is and see reason.

They are just trying to mess the things up...

Btw, ND maps are not totally make PK easier, tho it will make harder at some points, like ur chance to get gang-banged with 5 people will increase (dont even count summons).

And the risk of breaking will increase too. So it will be easier or harder? :P

@Conavar

Isn't it a tad bit too much 40 cap, 80 cap, 100 cap (not sure if there is any, not important), 110 cap, then 115?

I like the idea of capped arenas, yet, not sure if having too many of them won't kill the purpose. Instead of gathering people at more less same a/d in one place they will be spread on dozen arenas.

lol 110 arena was a joke because im to lazy to ts down most of the time :P but yeah I agree 40,80,100 (maybe 120) should be more than enough

Thats why i suggested this. If you wanna fight between ur own levels, you have to risk rost or if u wanna fight w/o risking rost, you have to fight with strongers...

Seems fair huh?

My suggestions are not totally to make game easier. I m not that stupid to suggest something that has no chance to get implemented. I have reasons... :whistle:

They are just trying to mess the things up...

Btw, ND maps are not totally make PK easier, tho it will make harder at some points, like ur chance to get gang-banged with 5 people will increase (dont even count summons).

And the risk of breaking will increase too. So it will be easier or harder? :whistle:

Trying to mess things up? PK is dead, has been for little over a year now. And it will remain dead, a ND map/areana/whatever will make little/no difference, I never said it will make it worse. The idea of having a ND arena would sound good, but that would then ruin the Rostogol Stones, from the shop and or players.. If you PKers are to fucking stupid to realise it's a stone that does exactly the same as what your asking, but it costs some GCs, then you shouldn't PK.. Whats so bad in loosing a Rosto Stone anyways?

The only thing worth doing is to remove every single PK map/cave on C2, theres no point in adding more and more PK maps, that wont do anything but make there less PK.

You can say/suggest anything you want, but what I just said above, is one of the only things that would make 'slightly' more PK than there is now.

Trying to mess things up? PK is dead, has been for little over a year now. And it will remain dead, a ND map/areana/whatever will make little/no difference, I never said it will make it worse. The idea of having a ND arena would sound good, but that would then ruin the Rostogol Stones, from the shop and or players.. If you PKers are to fucking stupid to realise it's a stone that does exactly the same as what your asking, but it costs some GCs, then you shouldn't PK.. Whats so bad in loosing a Rosto Stone anyways?

Read my first post plz... This wont ruin the usage of rostos. Mixers use rosts alot, also trainers etc etc... And there will be only 1 map for ND(which i suggest KF to be that one) and others will remain droppable (I m tired of saying this for thousands of times...)

The only thing worth doing is to remove every single PK map/cave on C2, theres no point in adding more and more PK maps, that wont do anything but make there less PK.

You can say/suggest anything you want, but what I just said above, is one of the only things that would make 'slightly' more PK than there is now.

Better than nothing...

Edited by OldySchooly

Read my first post plz... This wont ruin the usage of rostos. Mixers use rosts alot, also trainers etc etc... And there will be only 1 map for ND and others will remain droppable (I m tired of saying this for thousands of times...)

Thats the part you don't understand, IF people want to PK, they will go to ND map, rather than waste GC on a Rosto on a empty map. Thus reducing the cost of Rosto stones, and how often they are bought from the shop. You really need to think of these things befor you post.

i dont even need to post anymore since robotbob and superman are on this topic. they'r exactly telling you in a nice a way what i was trying to say over and over again. thx :D

u should make new topic suggesting new special day "unlock teh evil" where people like luci get unbanned then u got ur PK maps active :whistle: