Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC 1

Well, I logged in with your character, to see if there is some problem with the model, but I see it just fine.. I have absolutely no idea what's wrong..

With other characters, do you have this problem?

Xebulba: in el.ini from your settings dir, turn the #use_new_selection= 1 from 1 to 0

I'm now able to get into the game and interact with most things. FPS is still at 14 max just like with 1.5.0 client but I assume this is due to my outdated SiS IGP. Mouse movement on screen is now jumpy, meaning that it doesn't move across the screen smoothly but in jerking motions. Again I assume this is due to my system. I also experience a drop in FPS from 14 to 7 when walking across a map, for example from the Blue Lupine bush in PL to the flowershop. Thanks for the help Entropy, I will keep you posted if I run into any other problems.

Edited by Xebulba

Updated to 2.1.2

FPS is back to 1.5 values.

So far no issues.

But UVP is still 0, and I do not know if that matters.

Post the infos log content here please.

Using fresh cvs with the RC1 data package:

-Animation freezing during fights is fixed.

-Fog seems a bit too dark (to me) at night. This can be adjusted with gamma, however this causes the colors to be washed out.

-Sounds are quite messed up for me on some maps. I was getting a constant fire 'crackling' noise on top of almost musical wind sound (I have music disabled). Sound intermittently stopped coming out of my right speaker channel periodically, upon rotating my camera laterally. Sound from moving items in inventory was mostly gone (also intermittent). Error log shows lots of the following:

[03:18:40] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:40] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 46 (Battlecry Male1)

[03:18:41] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

[03:18:41] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:41] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 46 (Battlecry Male1)

[03:18:42] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 47 (Punch)

[03:18:42] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:42] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 46 (Battlecry Male1)

[03:18:43] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

[03:18:43] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 48 (Kick)

[03:18:43] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:43] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 46 (Battlecry Male1)

[03:18:44] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

[03:18:44] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 48 (Kick)

[03:18:44] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 81 (Battlecry Orc)

[03:18:44] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:45] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

[03:18:45] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 47 (Punch)

[03:18:46] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

Last message repeated 1 time

[03:18:46] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 48 (Kick)

[03:18:47] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

[03:18:47] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 113 (Heal)

[03:18:47] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 49 (Sword)

[03:18:48] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 48 (Kick)

[03:18:48] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 81 (Battlecry Orc)

[03:18:48] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 107 (Drink)

[03:18:49] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 47 (Punch)

[03:18:49] Error: Too many sounds loaded. Not playing this sound: 41 (Pain Male)

After changing maps, the sounds went back to working fine.

Is there some way of disabling the calls for certain sound types (e.g. actor fighting sounds) instead of just muting them in options? If this were to happen, all of the punches, kicks, pain, battle cries, etc. would go away, using fewer resources, and presumably eliminating these errors. The sound and music have always been choppy sounding for me.

00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation CK804 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a2)

Edit: My client has now crashed 3 times while clicking to harvest an ogre toe, while I've been typing this post. No crashes for several hours (in fullscreen) earlier, now three segfaults inside of 10 minutes. EL was in console. Absolutely nothing about it in error_log.txt nor stdout other than [1]+ Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Edit2: Thanks :)

Edited by asgnny

-Fog seems a bit too dark (to me) at night. This can be adjusted with gamma, however this causes the colors to be washed out.

Maybe it's because your using the skybox which is not totally finished yet? :)

At least it's a more realistic night :)

The sound and music have always been choppy sounding for me.

Changing the device in your ~/.openalrc can maybe resolve the problem.

Just installed RC-1, eye candy, sound and music enabled. Using poor man option.

UVP still 0

FPS fluctuates between 8-34 when walking on some maps and in storage areas.

When toggling screen size I get message "Not using vertex program for actor animation".

Map changes are smooth and fast.

Nice touch with eye candy for harvesting, Maybe now I won't sit there for 15 mins unaware that I am not harvesting......lol.

Good job to all :)

CassIoPIA

p.s. After testing a few different things this weekend I had several issues.

When engaging fight with bears in WS cave and NC, I got bells, fire sounds.

When entering room of magic in RoT, I had a major crash, screen froze and couldn't do anything, alt-x wouldn't exit game, I had to restart PC to exit game.

After several failed attempts to log on and get out of the room w/o crashing, I was able to log on long enough to tele'out.

Disabled sounds and special effects and tried to enter room again, no crash but FPS was 0 and tele'd out of room.

I updated driver to latest version available and not sure if that is the problem or just a glitch.

Also when changing screen size grued and/or got disconnected a few times.

Thxz for any info :)

Edited by cassiopia

Everything smooth so far FPS=60-75 UVP=1 with Water shader 2, anisotropic 16, much much better than client... Map change and login screen are a little tad faster than usual, some problems with the sounds, puma sounds lagging a bit, and I also get the bells and fire burning echo sound, but only after i kill or start fighting certain creatures like boar on TG and spiders in NC pk cave... other than the sounds, really a great job on this update, can't wait to see the final version

Edit: Goblin fighting sounds little like backstage or somewhat faint, and I think some1 is fighting goblins in the other room, and while the death sound of the goblin is very strong and I am aware that it is the sound of the goblin I am fighting...

Edited by zoki

Killed four large spiders with RC 1.Two unarmed, one armed. The sound seems to be functioning normally (I didn’t notice the background noise in the Spider Temple before, is that new?). I also walked around a bit on Isla Prima, everything’s normal there, and the duration between maps seems drastically shorter now. Magic casting seems to be working, although I’ve only tried heal, was there some specific area of sound you wanted checked?

Harvesting seems to work fine, I love the new amination – thanks Florian! :)

Also, I see that LabRat’s patch (allow the client to accept key strokes, or something) hasn’t been included, will this be included in the next, next update?

Gripes: UVP is 0 for me (bad?), and the camera movement seems a bit choppy compared to current client. Has this been changed?

edit: Found an option to accept the keystrokes, thanks.

Edited by Aphistolas

UVP= 0 fps 0-15 ingame so can be laggy but managable ^^ (I'm just glad I can log on :D)

Loads up quick :D

Lang :happy:

(with all effects off and poorman on)

Edited by Lang_ren

When i installed the new client i tried to run it but a new window pops up and says

"A required .DLL file, SDL_IMAGE.DLL, was not found"

Is there a patch I'm suppose to download besides the one i download for before

The other client works i have played it before but this client wont even come up :D

Edited by time4u2die

Ok i re installed it into my windows drive and it worked

I just installed a new hardrive and i don't have that much room on my windows drive so i tried to save space by downloading into new hardrive :D

Have installed to test on my labtop and home computer so far everything looks good. I was trying to find what everyone was meaning about the new harvest event, but I couldn't find anything. I will keep running it and see if their are any bugs.

Thanks

Fighting animation is acting up. My char will stand straight up in the middle of a fight.

RC1 working fine on both computers.

My uvp is 0. Is that bad?

This means you don't have support for the vertex shaders but EL will run fine even without those shaders.

I was trying to find what everyone was meaning about the new harvest event, but I couldn't find anything.

Check the option window in the Eye Candy tab. There you can enable the harvest eye candy

Edited by ago

Seems to be ok for me so far, no lagging. Game might load a little faster for me but not much. Harv effect looks cool and so far hasn't upset my game. Still UVP 1.

Greetings all,

I would like to add that I, for one, really appreciate the noteable increase in load-time of textures and maps, with VERY little impact on framerates. I BIG improvement!

I've only had a few hours to play this morning, but I really noticed that on a clear day, you can see all the way to the other end of a map as you come into the map...and even with view perspective at 0.80, there's no big hit on performance...and my machine is hardly state of the art anymore. ..and runs Windows2000 Pro.

I love the new "harvest" effect! I'll drop back by if I find something "wrong"....but nothing so far.

Please keep up the good work,

Yours,

Alyot (& Terran)

Giga-Byte GA-7VRX motherboard (VIA chipset)

2 PC3200 cards for 1 Gig SDRAM

512 Cache

AMD 2600+ 1.97Ghz Processor

NVidia 6600 AGP Graphics, 512 RAM

(Direct X, 9c - Open_GL 2.x)

2 Seagate 80Gig Harddrives in String RAID configuration

SoundBlaster Audigy MP3 Plus Soundcard

Edited by Alyot

Dunno if this is a sound bug, but I stepped on a portal in WS and next thing I know, I hear a sound that sounds like a table saw cutting metal.

Switching maps fixed it. Dunno if it's just the sound portals make or if it's a bug though.