Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC 1

This is finally the first RC, which means we are very close to the upate, but it needs to be tested.

As always, everyone should test it, and if you have problems, complain about them now, or else you are not going to get any help from me if your client will stop working after the update.

Download it from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_rc_20_03_08.exe

Install it in your EL folder

If you have the sound files, please have the sound on, there might be some sound issues.

Run the file el_rc1.exe (not el.exe)

So if you have problems, post them here. Also post if stuff loads slower or faster for you, performance changes, etc.

Installed and running, will advise.

-------------------------------------------

Excellent job with graphics and effects for levels, wow, nice. My hats off to you ! :D

The harv effect is cool and useful, only problem i noted with it was when your getting harv xp, the orbs turn to square pixels while the numbers are visible.

I'll post further as i find....

Edited by toban

Just a quick question, will the ip bans on the test server ever be removed so some of us can test it? The IP ban on my IP has long since been removed on the main, and I don't appear to have my old whitelist for the test.

Working great.

Performance is much faster and start-up load was SPEEDY!

Also movement seems smoother and less laggy.

Video card: RADEON 7000 DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.4276 WinXP Release

I cannot access the storage NPC this is the only PRE RC i cant do it in o.0

#edit i cannot click anything/use anything/trade at all :D

Edited by Gildrig!

I cannot access the storage NPC this is the only PRE RC i cant do it in o.0

#edit i cannot click anything/use anything/trade at all :D

Use the old selection thing then.

Eternity: You can test it on the main server.

UVP:1

Testing still so far this is odd:

Harvesting coal in ws mine, zoomed out and got this wierd echo sound (like wind blowing in trees), burning fire sound, and some sort of hammer sound.

I've only been testing for about an hour, so far nothing major. Loving the harvesting effect, really cool :D

I'll update this post if i find anything else odd. :D

Update : went to SKF , killing diff things see what would happen, getting that wierd echo sound again, with the burning fire sound, and something like a far off church bell ringing, with the wind blowing too. I map changed and came back, after a few minutes it does it again. I can still the "normal" sounds like the birds and monsters walking, me fighting, but i think this other sound is not suppose to be here. Also, it seems to repeat, like a record stuck.

Same sound in PL city, after walking around, going in and out of ti mine, walking towards MM, got that wierd sound walking thru PL city.

Naralik has same wierd sound, took a few minutes. I am killing stuff on each map, i'm omw to grubani, i wont kill anything and see what happens.

Ok, i'm thinking it's only happening after i fight something, tested this in grubani, didn't kill anything, no wierd sound; same for EVTR and PV, went to Bethel and killed a clops and then it happened while i was fighting it. Did map change, came back, all normal, killed a desert chim and that sound came back a min later.

Everything else is wonderful!! I normally dont play with sound on, i listen to music :D . Can't wait for official update, gonna be really cool . TY to all that made this neat stuff, it really rocks.

Edited by Bernie

FPS seems lower than usual this time varies between 14 & 20

Seems to be a little laggy but not bad

UVP 0

Video Card: INTEL 865G

Vendor ID: INTEL

OpenGL Version: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4299

I have UVP 0

My FPS have dropped in about 1/2 from the 1.5 client.

Video card: GeForce 7950 GT/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.3

I have UVP 0

Update your drivers.

When you rotated the camera i could saw a Thermal serp sword that was pink turning to a norma one (no pink color)

Did it turn back to its normal color?

No problems so far.

New harvesting effect is nice btw, great to have a constant visual indication of whether i'm actually harvesting, going to be really useful when harving dung.

I have UVP 0

Update your drivers.

Updated to 2.1.2

FPS is back to 1.5 values.

So far no issues.

But UVP is still 0, and I do not know if that matters.

Guest Annatira

Everything looks great,no problems I can find. The new remote heal effect is nice and I also like the harvest effect, it will be very handy.

UVP 1

Crashed on login. Loading was much faster than with 1.5.0 client but I only saw my character on screen for 2 seconds before client crashed. I have updated my video drivers to the most current for my setup.

Errors log:

Log started at 2008-03-21 01:26:02 localtime (US Eastern Standard Time)

[01:26:02] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_rc1.exe". Failover to server: main.

[01:26:02] Using the server profile: main

[01:26:21] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[01:26:22] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[01:26:22] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[01:26:23] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[01:26:24] Error creating buffer: Invalid Name

[01:26:24] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[01:26:24] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[01:26:25] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

FPS=0

UVP=0

Card: SiS 760 Integrated graphics

Manufacturer ID: SiS

OpenGL version: 1.4

Edited by Xebulba

Update : went to SKF , killing diff things see what would happen, getting that wierd echo sound again, with the burning fire sound, and something like a far off church bell ringing, with the wind blowing too. I map changed and came back, after a few minutes it does it again. I can still the "normal" sounds like the birds and monsters walking, me fighting, but i think this other sound is not suppose to be here. Also, it seems to repeat, like a record stuck.

I'm playing around in Tarsengard and killed a boar and got the church bell sounds. Entered a building and it stopped.

Then I found the harvesting effect and enabled it. Killed another boar and that sound did not come up Now killed a puma and the bell is back...... (For whom the bell tolls.......... springs to mind about that sound..)

Game loads a lot faster. Frame rate still around 60.

For the 4th or 5th RC, I have given the exact same feedback, and have yet to receive any response... This new RC is no different for me... my Stewbaby character is completely invisible in the new client. The only way I know where he is is by the name and health bar.

As this laptop is only 8 months old, I would imagine it should be "modern" enough, and I have the latest drivers installed that will install.

Video card: Intel 945GM

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 4.14.10.4543

Sorry but this is frustrating, as I feel that a valid complaint is being ignored. Any suggestions at all to try to fix this?

Stewbaby