Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Titanium Long Formula

1. Do you mean there are idiots who do actually make item that is worth 10% the value of the ingredients? You may be one, but I do highly doubt there are other ones out there :D

No but that is my point.

Maybe they would like to make them and make a profit off them.

How many people paid the gold coin for the book but dont want to even make this item?

How many people paid the gold coin for the book but dont want to even make this item?

Why did they buy the book if they do not want to make any swords? Maybe they should become great harvester and achieve goal of 1000 lupines to cover price of any monster dropped book.

Why did they buy the book if they do not want to make any swords? Maybe they should become great harvester and achieve goal of 1000 lupines to cover price of any monster dropped book.

Hmmmmm. . .

Possibly they did not realize that the titanium long sword required a EFE? No?

Simple, they didn't know about the messed up situation with the book being worthless because of the EFE in the ingreds making it much more expensive to make than to get off a fighter.

Hmmmmm. . .

OK, so why do so many people bother to read the books to make enchanted swords? surely the number that ever make enough money from making them to cover all ingreds and books must be very small indeed.

just make a tit long use 20 steelbars so the market price will be 1k? would be realistic if u look at the stats of it. a lil better than tit short only.

just make a tit long use 20 steelbars so the market price will be 1k? would be realistic if u look at the stats of it. a lil better than tit short only.

What about PK server then? :D

Hmmmmm. . .

OK, so why do so many people bother to read the books to make enchanted swords? surely the number that ever make enough money from making them to cover all ingreds and books must be very small indeed.

ROFL

So we can make a bunch of cool swords and then not sell them to people who want to pay an insulting price.

The only way I would make a magical sword for someone else is if I already have the full set or they provide the modable.

Nobody ever seems to realize just how rare modables are.

They would notice alot more if they were not sold in Entropy's website.

For the most part, I get the books for adding cool swords to my collection and adding to my bragging rights.

Meet up with me in game and I will show you my collection. :lipssealed:

Ok...I have to agree with Paul here...

When the formula for Titanium Swords was written... EFE's were not as rare as they are today.

Now that EFE's are sooo rare...we need to adjust the formulas for MANU.

It is already hard to work on your Manu skill... because you need an EFE to make anything of value.

Swords break all the time.... so 100fe to make one sounds fair.

For those of us who like building things... could you please level the playing field for us?

If there is too much of something in the game...well, then instead of making it harder to make, and giving us Manuers a hard time... how about making it break easier... so we are in more demand?

EFE's are so rare, that the skill of MANU is pretty much dying out.

I've purchased all these books, read them all...and now I can spend 6k to make an 800gc object =S

EDIT:

How about making swords more breakable depending on what you're fighting... that will help get rid of some swords, hence creating a demand for them!

Iron swords are meant for noobs... so they should only be good for creatures that noobs will fight. A noob will probably not be attacking a bear anytime soon... but if he wants to go for it, he better buy a stronger sword.

A TitShort should NOT break if you attack a bunny.... but if you take on a dragon, then it should have a HIGH chance of breaking.

Creature/Breakage %

Iron Sword:

Bunny 1%

Wolf 10%

Gargoyle 20%

Bear 50%

Troll 90%

Titanium Short:

Bunny 0%

Wolf 2%

Gargoyle 5%

Bear 10%

Troll 15%

So fighting an Ogre with an Iron sword is pointless...it'll break right away... better bring a Titanium Steel!!!! ;-)

Edited by JimP

The number of people who kill monsters just to kill them is very low, so that breakage thing isn't well thought out.

Many people use sword such as iron or such to train, why make an iron sword 100% breakrate on fluffs?

Iron swords are meant for noobs

This statement shows you are a n00b newb when it comes to the EL combat (specifically training) system.

Iron Swords, Steel longs, etc. are sometimes VERY useful to a high level a/d'er.

Trolls drop them, along with cloaks and ros stones. rare but it happens, unless that has been altered at some point over teh years (doubt it though).

I think u mean serpent stones :evilgrin:

And about the thread, on pk server ppl paid 7k for tit longs( npc price), but only coz it was best weapon back then to have :evilgrin:

The number of people who kill monsters just to kill them is very low, so that breakage thing isn't well thought out.

Many people use sword such as iron or such to train, why make an iron sword 100% breakrate on fluffs?

I actually like the idea of having break rates like that, but divide by 10 or more.

Iron swords should be breakable on fluffs, but they should be useful while training on them too.

Now, if you have more weapons break while fighting things during training, cool.

It seems to me that the EL market revolves around the fighters.

Some of them actually manage to make quite a profit, due to the drops, I do believe.

They might as well pay for training equipment like the workforce does.

Sadly, Manu is dying out. As sad as it is, I ended up buying iron greaves for 6K lately and it is becoming hard to get an EFE for under 7K gc.

Maybe another thing that would help is to have a lifespan set on enriched essences of 6 months so people won't be able to stockpile them for too long.

EFE being as rare as they are probably has something to do with Entropy wanting to cut into the stockpiles.

Just a hunch.

Problem with rare EFE is that they get hoarded even more, and so stick in a player's storage for a long time. No one wants to sell an EFE if he can't buy another one when needs it. Last week i've been searching for 6 EFE, it was a real hell to find someone selling, finally I found 1 bot who sold EFE but it was overpriced, I bought them though, but still think the EFE is way too rare atm, it's actually killing a big part of the market.

Interestingly, EFE isn't the ingredient that I'm having the most difficulty obtaining, though that may be just do to my extreme good luck mixing FE lately. Binding stones and serpent stones are what're holding back my production rate. That said, maybe enough items will be broken while we manuers scramble to find ings that we can start increasing our prices :)

This statement shows you are a n00b newb when it comes to the EL combat (specifically training) system.

Iron Swords, Steel longs, etc. are sometimes VERY useful to a high level a/d'er.

Oh I agree with you 100%... I am a newbie when it comes to combat. I'm trying to learn it now... taking a little break from manufacturing for awhile.

What I have learned is this... to train, you really don't need a weapon... because you want the fight to last as long as possible.

I'd like to see this changed.... so that swords are more in demand, hence more jobs for manu'rs =)

Is it fair that you can buy an iron sword to train on a fluffy?

Could I hunt a rhino with a cap gun?

No, I'd need to invest in a high powered rifle just to pierce the hide of the animal.

So now I need to hire a blacksmith to forge a weapon for me.

Could I use his same high powered rifle to kill a rat? Yeah... a little overkill, but do-able.

I just think making a demand for all swords would help this game out.

EDIT:

Not jut make them in demand, but also more breakable on higher level creatures.

So, as this post is requesting, make the Titanium swords use 100 fe...

hence making more jobs...and if they break, that makes more jobs too!

Wouldn't it be nice if all swords were in demand? I'm sure the drops you get from a fluffy would cover the cost of a tit long.

Edited by JimP

Oh I agree with you 100%... I am a newbie when it comes to combat. I'm trying to learn it now... taking a little break from manufacturing for awhile.

What I have learned is this... to train, you really don't need a weapon... because you want the fight to last as long as possible.

I'd like to see this changed.... so that swords are more in demand, hence more jobs for manu'rs =)

Is it fair that you can buy an iron sword to train on a fluffy?

Could I hunt a rhino with a cap gun?

No, I'd need to invest in a high powered rifle just to pierce the hide of the animal.

So now I need to hire a blacksmith to forge a weapon for me.

Could I use his same high powered rifle to kill a rat? Yeah... a little overkill, but do-able.

I just think making a demand for all swords would help this game out.

EDIT:

Not jut make them in demand, but also more breakable on higher level creatures.

So, as this post is requesting, make the Titanium swords use 100 fe...

hence making more jobs...and if they break, that makes more jobs too!

Wouldn't it be nice if all swords were in demand? I'm sure the drops you get from a fluffy would cover the cost of a tit long.

I would say all swords do have a demand, even the low level glowey ones have a demand to collectors. Some swords are needed for summoning, others for minning, others for trainning, and some for serping your mortal enemys spawn :) Titanium long is the BEST sword in game you can use to pk with that you absouletly dont care if you lose it. Even serp swords are not a real great loss. But tit long is a great sword to pk with, if you stick to hunting without a rostogol.

How does changing the formula to make the sword change whether or not people will buy them when currently they price is very low because of drops and people rarely buy them? All changing the formula would do it drive the price down even lower or give manuer's a simpler formula that they will never use, because there is still no money in making it.

Originally the sword didn't require an EFE, and that was added ... but even then there were too many TLongs sitting in people stockpiles. The problem isn't the formula, the problem is how many are being monster dropped. It's hard to compete with 'free' good gotten while training!

If the drop rate is the problem and it isn't going to change then the sword should not take an EFE to make. Having it take an EFE just guarantees that no one will make one. They are drop weapons and no one in their right mind could be convinced to give up an EFE to make one. It would be a waste of an EFE and get you far less experience than half a dozen other items that you can make that only require one EFE. What really is the point of having a manufacturable item that no one in game makes? Just remove the book and the formula and leave it as a drop weapon only.

The reason to change the formula is give us at least the opportunity to make them for the sake of leveling at a loss just as we do with most other items in game. Having Trick buy them at a loss like he does leather items couldn't hurt could it? If not then make them break enough that people actually need them. The price will still be very low but not drop out completely because even though they are drop weapons there will still be a need with a high break rate.

The point here is that the current formula and the lack of need combine to guarantee that absolutely no on will be making these swords. The book is a waste of money and the code making them manufacturable is a waste of server space. Something should be done with all items in this category as I would bet my next paycheck that EFEs are not going to miraculously become common enough for people to use them to make titanium long swords at any point in the near or far future.

Tirun

I want to refresh this topic. Maybe Radu could change the formula for ti long and ti chain that actuall formula could give 2 products. And maybe should be the exp adjustment too.

I think it will give manuers real possibility of making those items.

I don't get it

cuz price of a sword dropped below the manufacturing cost you want change the manufacture formula so it could be made cheaper ?!?!? why don't you make iron sword and say it's tit long lol

marketing is pretty easy

IF there's more items than needed price will dropp even below manufacture cost

IF there's only 1 item and 500 people WANT/NEED that item price will be so big that the reachest person could aford it maybe even get a loan from other players to repay them later

IF there's too many items and manufacture cost is 10k and there's simply no use for it cost of that item is 0

and it's up to you if you want to make that item or not

future marketing is little different and harder

IF there may be of use for taht item price will go up much more than needed

IF there may other items be much better than this (item 1) and there's alot of (item 1) prices will dropp drastically so it could be sold before the price drops nearly to 0

I hope you understand why you shouldn't mess with manufacturing prices too much espacelly just because of marketing

I don't get it

cuz price of a sword dropped below the manufacturing cost you want change the manufacture formula so it could be made cheaper ?!?!? why don't you make iron sword and say it's tit long lol

marketing is pretty easy

IF there's more items than needed price will dropp even below manufacture cost

IF there's only 1 item and 500 people WANT/NEED that item price will be so big that the reachest person could aford it maybe even get a loan from other players to repay them later

IF there's too many items and manufacture cost is 10k and there's simply no use for it cost of that item is 0

and it's up to you if you want to make that item or not

future marketing is little different and harder

IF there may be of use for taht item price will go up much more than needed

IF there may other items be much better than this (item 1) and there's alot of (item 1) prices will dropp drastically so it could be sold before the price drops nearly to 0

I hope you understand why you shouldn't mess with manufacturing prices too much espacelly just because of marketing

What you say is nice - in theory :P

Price of this item is so low, because it's a common drop item. The formula to create titanium long was made way back when it was one of the best weapons in game and when EFEs had not much use.

With current prices of EFEs (which will not drop anytime soon, if ever) and the "usability" of titanium long sword compared to other weapons, the formula is very outdated.

This is the same as why there is another formula for EMPs ... Back in the days when nobody needed that much mana and when stones were not used in large quantities in producing armors and weapons, it was not a problem...

well if it's a common drop why manufacture kill for it lol it's cheaper

or if you want :bangwall: go make tit long and sell it for cheaper than you'd make it

but well main hasn't got problems with exchanging for GC at all you may sell stuff and buy tit long with no problem

we at PK have problems because items don't exist and we have to create everything

don't feel bad if the item price will dropp to 1GC it means it's too much of that item on market it would mean that common person has more than 10 000 tit longs in sto

Isn't the titanium/steel alloy long sword now used up a bit by people wanting radioactive titanium long swords?

What is the current price of the titanium long swords? I thought it was up this year and was roughly 7K. Of course, that is still too low.

Most bladed weapons now have an ingredient cost above the market value. A number of types of armor are the same way. The npc's will often sell the weapons and armor for less than players can make them for. The npc prices for the different weapons and armor are not proportional to their ingredients. It would be impossible to find a steel bar price and iron bar price and fire essence bar price that when applied to the ingredient lists for the items would actually give the npc price of the sold item.

Roll back the prices of the rare ingredients 5 years and the titanium long sword price might make sense or maybe even an extreme profit. I think EFE prices were 3500gc then. I think ti longs sell for 7K now. That would be a tidy profit. Players will be greedy and want more and more for their EFE and other greedy players will want more and more EFE and will drive up the price. When Radu makes things more rare, the prices go up. When Radu makes things more common, it typically can't reduce the expected value of things due to the hoarders and bots and greedy folk.

I think the best thing that could happen for the game is if the server had a list of prices for ingreds of items and could update the npc prices as those items were adjusted. That would make the adjustment of every npc buy/sell price in the game as easy as Radu updating those ingreds prices. The game would hopefully balance itself out quickly then.