Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Titanium Long Formula

Look 1 EFE for a sword that sells for 800gc per is really crazy.

Would it not be more reasonable to change the formula to even 100 FEs rather than the EFE?

I feel this topic is long overdue. :fire:

BTW I searched for a similar topics dated back to 06 and havent found anything to my surprise lol

Edited by Paul Brown

Why do you want to make Titanium Longs ?

People have lots in their storages, they are monsterdrops and NPC don't buy.

I had more than 400 once,

The same Titanium chains - monsterdrops too, but the price is higher because people use them for training and they break.

But they still are soldl for less than the price of EFEs.

Why do you want to make Titanium Longs ?

People have lots in their storages, they are monsterdrops and NPC don't buy.

I had more than 400 once,

The same Titanium chains - monsterdrops too, but the price is higher because people use them for training and they break.

But they still are soldl for less than the price of EFEs.

Its not the fact of if I want to or not make titanium longs. The fact is that if someone actually wants to make them they will have to use the EFE.

My point is if its even nessisary to have to use a EFE to make.

A titanium serpent sword takes an EFE and a serpent stone(dropped by MOBs) but the sword is not a drop sword.

I just think that if the titanium long is a drop sword and not the top of the line sword (as it used to be) then the formula should be fixed to accomadate the "evolution" of the game.

I agree with Paul.

The Ti chain's stats or ingreds need to be reconsidered also (but thats not the first time i've said that :pickaxe:)

I hate to repeat myself, but this issue is known for more than a year, yet Entropy didn't change it. He must had his reasons. Same goes for titanium chainmail.

Personally, I'd love to see titanium chainmail without EFE, but that would hinder some profit for fighters. Howevev, replacing EFE in the titanium long swords for 100FE wouldn't drop its price dramatically IMO.

I hate to repeat myself, but this issue is known for more than a year, yet Entropy didn't change it. He must had his reasons. Same goes for titanium chainmail.

Personally, I'd love to see titanium chainmail without EFE, but that would hinder some profit for fighters. Howevev, replacing EFE in the titanium long swords for 100FE wouldn't drop its price dramatically IMO.

yeh saw many people selling them for 500gc .. would be nice with 100 fes.

sure it would. tit long rarely breaks, and flooding the market with hundreds of manufactured tit long would surely affect the market. there is no use for them other than as a weapon - no harvestable needs them and no NPC buys. There is a limited market for tit long, more than met atm by drops from cyclops. there is no need to manufacture them. Maybe a new sword, but tit long will be pointless to make, even if they use 100 FE instead of EFE

sure it would. tit long rarely breaks, and flooding the market with hundreds of manufactured tit long would surely affect the market. there is no use for them other than as a weapon - no harvestable needs them and no NPC buys. There is a limited market for tit long, more than met atm by drops from cyclops. there is no need to manufacture them. Maybe a new sword, but tit long will be pointless to make, even if they use 100 FE instead of EFE

Well what if Trik bought them for say ~450gc each. That would allow people to make for exp and make some coin for there work.

And the market is always flooded with tit longs now lol. I see people trying to rid themselves of them often.

I am sure something could be done to save the EFEs for more important items. I really doubt that by getting rid of the EFE in the ingreads would cause. . .

1. Market issues

2. Less money spent on EFEs in the EL store

3. Affect the amount of gold coin brought into or taken out of the game.

OR, he's been to busy with implementing other things (astrology, engineering, tailoring, ranged weapons). OR, he simply forgot about it (like something I've been waiting for). OR, ?????

Just because something hasn't happened YET doesn't mean it's not a valid/good thing to happen eventually.

He has a priority list.

So IF your issue even makes his list, there is no guarantee it isn't last on the list, or got bumped way down by something new but more exciting like archery :pickaxe:

Look 1 EFE for a sword that sells for 800gc per is really crazy.

Would it not be more reasonable to change the formula to even 100 FEs rather than the EFE?

I feel this topic is long overdue. :pickaxe:

BTW I searched for a similar topics dated back to 06 and havent found anything to my surprise lol

Heh. I agree. There is no point in having it so players can make it if it costs way more to make it than it is worth. I have had a few people tell me they bought the book and then they found out it was a waste of money. That can be heart-breaking to a new manufacturer.

As for people's concerns for the price, the powers that be can set the npc buying price to whatever they want. If they don't want it dropping below X value, I suggest they set the npc price to that or put on a buying limit.

Oh....and did you notice this is the ONLY swordd that is not worth making?

I imagine that if Entropy wishes to do something about it, it might get put in about the same time that we will actually be able to make the magical titanium short swords.

He has a priority list.

So IF your issue even makes his list, there is no guarantee it isn't last on the list, or got bumped way down by something new but more exciting like archery :P

I assume my issue didn't make his list at all :( considering it's been 1.5 years lol

Tit serps ARE drop swords btw.

Oo Which Mob drops them? I have never seen or heard of tit serp drop before?

:P Me either! lol

Well what if Trik bought them for say ~450gc each. That would allow people to make for exp and make some coin for there work.

So the earlier you started the game, more hundreds of useless tit longs you do have, and more money you will get. When the vial price increased, old players with 20k vials in storage were ones that did benefit the most.

Trolls drop them, along with cloaks and ros stones. rare but it happens, unless that has been altered at some point over teh years (doubt it though).

Trolls drop them, along with cloaks and ros stones. rare but it happens, unless that has been altered at some point over teh years (doubt it though).

Playing for 5 years... Still no Tit serp drop. Kinda strange? And even i havent seen anybody got a drop of Tit serp sword yet

Weird... :icon13:

Rosto's I've heard of, cloak's I've been dropped.... but serp sword? First I've heard of this! :icon13:

~KgN

So the earlier you started the game, more hundreds of useless tit longs you do have, and more money you will get. When the vial price increased, old players with 20k vials in storage were ones that did benefit the most.

This would not matter to me. Anyone who fights a lot has the same opportunity to get that amount of them as drops too.

By the people keeping the tit longs stocked up in storage are doing exaclty what radu doesn't want to happen. He wants to keep the gold coin going OUT of the game.

If he changed the formula and allowed people to sell the swords to NPC then that would mean more people spending more coin on OTHER in-game items like potions for instance which are "deleted coin" when you eat them.

So basically if he was to change the formula to rid this sword of the EFE then a few positive things will happen. . .

1. People will use the EFEs to make more expensive in-game items that can/will break.

2. The tons of the them that are allready in-game will be sold and coin spent on more disposible items.

3. Allow manuers to actually make an item that they read a book for without the HIGH loss of profit if done now.

I know that this could take some time for the dev's to work on but I do think that doing this would benifit the entire community who use EFEs and or the people who spent the coin on the book and would like to experience making these items for coin/exp.

How does changing the formula to make the sword change whether or not people will buy them when currently they price is very low because of drops and people rarely buy them? All changing the formula would do it drive the price down even lower or give manuer's a simpler formula that they will never use, because there is still no money in making it.

Originally the sword didn't require an EFE, and that was added ... but even then there were too many TLongs sitting in people stockpiles. The problem isn't the formula, the problem is how many are being monster dropped. It's hard to compete with 'free' good gotten while training!

How does changing the formula to make the sword change whether or not people will buy them when currently they price is very low because of drops and people rarely buy them? All changing the formula would do it drive the price down even lower or give manuer's a simpler formula that they will never use, because there is still no money in making it.

Originally the sword didn't require an EFE, and that was added ... but even then there were too many TLongs sitting in people stockpiles. The problem isn't the formula, the problem is how many are being monster dropped. It's hard to compete with 'free' good gotten while training!

Would it be very hard to adjust the drop rate on them?

And by having a NPC buy them (Trik) would allow people to make coin from them.

Would it be very hard to adjust the drop rate on them?
It was long time ago. But swords were not removed from people's storages.

And it seems you have to be taught basics of the economy (just to clarify, do you know what is economy?):

By the people keeping the tit longs stocked up in storage are doing exaclty what radu doesn't want to happen. He wants to keep the gold coin going OUT of the game.
Yes he does. But NPC will only make more gc to enter, without more gc also leaving to keep balance. If people can sell all those ancient monster drops for good gc, value of gc will drop, so even fewer items will be worth making.

If he changed the formula and allowed people to sell the swords to NPC then that would mean more people spending more coin on OTHER in-game items like potions for instance which are "deleted coin" when you eat them.
Potions do not mean money leaving the game, because people do harvest all the ingredients. Nothing is bought from NPC, especially not the potions itself.

So basically if he was to change the formula to rid this sword of the EFE then a few positive things will happen. . .

1. People will use the EFEs to make more expensive in-game items that can/will break.

2. The tons of the them that are allready in-game will be sold and coin spent on more disposible items.

3. Allow manuers to actually make an item that they read a book for without the HIGH loss of profit if done now.

1. Do you mean there are idiots who do actually make item that is worth 10% the value of the ingredients? You may be one, but I do highly doubt there are other ones out there :confused:

2. See answer to the second quote of this post.

3. And why should it be profitable? So that you could flood market with gc and decrease it's value faster than you are doing it today? Then in the end you could whine that ingredients of CoL do cost 500k, but NPC does buy for 50k.

Edited by ville-v