Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

Damn, again a major waste of forum space...

Play the game and stop the everlasting whining..

If u can't stand dieing/failing or whatever else that seems to be worth whining about in this game, Then just QUIT the game...

[insert deliberately witty smiley]

by people = I'm referring to the crybabies of of a thousands excuses

First If you believe pkers are waiting for crybabies to wander into pk maps, you're mistaken.

Last thing anyone wants to hear is 1 hour of "ZOmg, can I have my stuff back???"

I want combatants, not victims.

1- It's called Peace Day. Explorers explore on Peace Day because they run less risk. In EL explorers explore by clicking on objects in the maps to see if they do anything or lead anywhere. People who have guild maps with entrances in really obviously interesting objects in the middle of a map are going to have to expect a lot of strangers to stumble into their maps on Peace Day.

2- It's called Peace Day. That's a day when we revere life by spending a few hours not caring what PKers want.

3- PK map =/= guild map. On Peace Day, you won't hear 1 minute of crying about lost stuff in PK maps as long as you don't use mines to kill explorers/harvers. And on Peace Day, when all the explorers are out and you're not supposed to kill people anyway, you won't hear 1 minute of crying if you take your guard off line for the day. Not saying you should. I'm just mentioning that there's an easy way to avoid being bothered by "crybabies" who you kill on Peace Day. Or, you could just cry about it, like you did just now.

Oh now its the evil rich IRL people again.

You have to actually play the game instead of hitting the forum for post count and forum

exp too :o . It's amazing but you can actually advance a rpg character by playing the game.

Yay for ad hominem arguments. They don't go anywhere but they're easy.

1- My stats are the stats of a non-PKer, so what's your point? PK is not the only way to play/advance a character in this game. Also it's not a competitive game, so there's no rush for me to advance any skill at any given rate over the year+ I've been playing almost 6 hours a day.

2- My opinion about PK being for rich characters is not a complaint because, as a non-PKer I don't care if it's cheap or expensive. But I do care about the game, and I'd like people to have fun doing it. Some PKers complain (incessantly) about how few people PK and how expensive PK is. I have just mentioned in other threads than this that the way they PK forces it to be expensive and the expense might be part of what discourages new players coming in. Just an observation, that's all.

(RL Reference) Mines have killed and maimed people for years in times of peace.

I love the zero risk world you seem to occupy.

Um...strawmen and non sequiturs ftw? What do RL mines (which are evil and should be banned, btw) have to do with EL? What does that "zero risk" crack even mean? If you spent any time actually reading my comments, or if you had searched the forum for Peino posts instead of looking up Peino stats, you would know that I never advocate a no-risk EL game world. I always advocate an equal-risk EL game world, where everyone faces some kind of risk for almost everything they do in game.

Why do you think a player kill map should be anything but player kill? I would understand if mines killed people in IP on peace day, but you are complaining about KF? Just pretend that map [kf] doesn't exist and go to the giant love-in at the beam instead.

It's called Peace Day. It's a global EL special day. PK maps are not immune from it. So until it was learned that mines work on Peace Day, non-fighters were completely within their rights to think they could enter a PK map on Peace Day and not get killed by another player.

Go or don't go. Pkers want to fight and not chase you are across kf to gain nothing and

only deal with "What have I done to you to get attacked??!?!?"

Then I trust you are not one of the PKers who frequently complain about not enough people PKing and go on channel 4 to ask people to come to KF or DPA, since you'd rather not have new PKers enter the maps. I hardly ever go into PK maps except on Peace Day. On the rare occasions I have been killed by someone, I have never acted surprised, and I have only snarked at my killer twice (once when I felt someone was rude about it and once when someone interfered with a fair fight between me and someone else).

Hey, just for a laugh, instead of just making assumptions about someone who has a different opinion from you and using them to set up your favorite strawmen about whiny PK noobs, why don't you try responding to what the person you're talking to actually said, or even learning something about them (you know, by asking maybe)?

People have always made "naked' runs for mercury. A there is a high probability that even in death you will retain your mercury

you have collected from KF. Another thing you comment on and have no experience in, I make 3 or so hydro runs a week

and I never encounter a pker, just trainers in the fluff cave and other miners. (I'm not talking about Peace days, this is any

normal ordinary day in EL)

That's nice, but I was talking about trying to encourage more people to do it. But I guess I can relax, if your thinking accounts for everyone's thinking and some people's experience can be taken as everyone's experience.

Yes, the whole point of pk is to make it fair. :P Fighters who engage in player combat maps are constantly trying to gain an edge on the competition. I don't grind away on AD leveling to ensure pk is fair.

You're not Teh God. Radu is the sole decision maker for EL, and he will make PK as balanced or unbalanced as he likes. I am just expressing my opinion that he should go for balance. You say PK combat is all about getting the edge on your competition. No shit, really, ya think? In my personal opinion, your competition should have some tools to get an edge over you as well.

If u can't stand dieing/failing or whatever else that seems to be worth whining about in this game, Then just QUIT the game...

This has nothing to do with whining. This has to do with a false description of a Special Day!

I wouldnt ' whine' about geting killed in a pk map on any other day..that would be MY risk to take..and i must admit..I hadnt read about the mines working on peace day..I just asumed they wouldnt..since it was PEACE day..^^

Again..what part of peace isnt understood here? NO harm will be done..to any living being..and for the record..I think Mother Nature should take Scotty to the vet on peace day as well!

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

I just want to think the people who don't approve of any harm being done on Peace Days, thanks for voicing your opinion even if some people might laugh. I'm glad to see me and Jez aren't the only ones who don't approve of harmful events happening on Peace Days. It might be making Radu think to see that quite a lot of people disapprove of certain things happening at certain times in EL.

Maybe we should team up with bows and arrows (once implemented) on a NDD day in PK against the other side to let out some of our stress!

Well, we gained a hat from shop = were happy

You gained a hat you liked = you're happy

So we're both happy. :)

Never said we share it, just said it looks great btw :o

When I get around to buying another we can all go out dressed alike then, looking hawt. :P

You're not the only one who lost stuff to the bots that day, and many people use Peace Day as an uneducated excuse to explore guild maps they're not supposed to be in, hence why the stuff isn't returned.

I actually never expected any of you to return the hat and cape because you're PkG, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. The only reason anything happened after that was because someone took exception to some minor rudeness they saw being directed at me. But since we're all happy now, it doesn't matter, right?

The bots give you enough time to leave the map, ask eGow who like to do it daily, many times. :P

But on peace day, people ignore the warning message the bots send out anyways and continue walking 'freely' until one of the bots catches up to them.

Without asking you to define "enough time," I'll just say I did not have enough time that time. I never left the entrance. I read the entrance message, and got killed by Pooks while clicking on the cave to exit again. Grand total time in PkG map: less than a minute (way less, but I wasn't counting at the time; it felt like less than 5 seconds).

I just want to get the record straight on what I was doing. I was exploring a public map, not your map. Now, I've hijacked the thread enough. Back to topic.

Edited by peino

NO harm will be done..to any living being..and for the record..I think Mother Nature should take Scotty to the vet on peace day as well!

Jez

And toads should be sold in a tin with a label - can poison you.

I would like mines to stay where they are dropped untill they are found.

Not like now, they last 10 min ? or untill you leave the map.

Edited by Zamirah

Well i would like to change so much in every day that is implemented in this game..

And for me this is whining, things can happen on any given day..

Are we really planning on bitching about every minor freakin thing happening in this game??

Come on, play the game as how a game should be played, do ur stuff and deal with everything that happens..

And in the real world there is no such as peace day either, even if countries declare peace there is still trouble in some places in those countries... So for me this mine thing is only a good implement in the Peace Day, it has something real in it..

But i know, we all rather have everything going as we want it ourselves, but wake up, it's not going to happen..

IIRC Mother Nature hits people for damage on Peace Day does she not?

But nobody complains about that that I see.

Could it just be that you were upset because the mines had hurt/killed friends/guildies/allies of yours?

I do not recall reading a forum post from you before on Peace Day because of Mother Nature. :confused:

So why now because of mines?

It was to my understanding that forums were made to discuss information and opinions that each and ever person had about certain topics.. NOT being flamed at ever little chance they can..

And if You ever have an opinion I will make sure I tell you to stop whining as well.

That being said.. I want to reiterate the thought that I am not a fighter... I do not have a chance to go into those areas that PK related and look forward to the peace days to look around. I am the "SUPPORT" to the fighters and if you would like the support to fight.. then its my thought that you would respect us enough to give us that freedom on PEACE DAY!

If its not a Peace Day that we were meaning maybe we should change the name of the day..

This is the meaning I found for peace.. if anyone was curious.

Peace:

1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.

2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.

3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.

4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.

5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.

6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.

Could it just be that you were upset because the mines had hurt/killed friends/guildies/allies of yours?

I do not recall reading a forum post from you before on Peace Day because of Mother Nature. :confused:

Paul, none of the killed ones were related to me, except Sweetthang; but that wasnt the reason i posted.

And i did discuss the damage MN does on peace days..but it didnt seem bad enoigh to post about it. This is Mother Nature we are talking about..she wont be forced to stop doing what she wants..^^

Mines however..are a unnatural thing..created by men to cause harm, damage and hurt. And that, Paul, is NO ingredient for peace day!

Jez

Its a valid point, really. You also can get killed from heat/cold damage (alot of new people do when going to harvest hydro), and also places that can kill you in one or two steps from that!

Lets call it "no fight day", if we must.

but if people want to redesign the concept, so mines cant trigger also, then thats fine with me. And @ Zam, the last for 20 minutes, I believe.

~KgN

Its a valid point, really. You also can get killed from heat/cold damage (alot of new people do when going to harvest hydro), and also places that can kill you in one or two steps from that!

Lets call it "no fight day", if we must.

but if people want to redesign the concept, so mines cant trigger also, then thats fine with me. And @ Zam, the last for 20 minutes, I believe.

~KgN

Agreed. :confused:

And also. . .

Double damage from mines on "No Fight Day" FTW!

Yay for ad hominem arguments. They don't go anywhere but they're easy.

Not ad hominem, it goes to a question of credibility.

(RL Reference) Mines have killed and maimed people for years in times of peace.

I love the zero risk world you seem to occupy.

Um...strawmen and non sequiturs ftw? What do RL mines (which are evil and should be banned, btw) have to do with EL?

Because you refer to peace day like its some sanctified national holiday, and not the random positive\negative event

day in a mmorpg. (IMHO peace day was meant to be a negative day, not a safe day for players with less ad levels)

Then I trust you are not one of the PKers who frequently complain about not enough people PKing and go on channel 4 to ask people to come to KF or DPA, since you'd rather not have new PKers enter the maps.

You believe correct, I never have. I am never in channel 4, nor do I pm people requesting a fight.

Hey, just for a laugh, instead of just making assumptions about someone who has a different opinion from you and using them to set up your favorite strawmen about whiny PK noobs, why don't you try responding to what the person you're talking to actually said, or even learning something about them (you know, by asking maybe)?

Ok lets go to IP, what is your favorite color peino?

Exactly :D nice observation.

Not ad hominem, it goes to a question of credibility.

No, it doesn't, because it is possible to compare my comments to the reality of PK to see if they reflect that reality and thus have any validity. I do not need to be a PKer to talk to PKers, observe PK, keep track of the complaints of PKers about PK. You are attempting to invalidate my comments not on their own merits but by dismissing me as a non-PKer. That is text book ad hominem - the comments are worthless just because of who made them; attack the writer instead of the argument.

If I were making assertions of fact that were false, or outlining theories about PKers as people and why they do what they do, you would be right to say that a non-PKer doesn't know anything about it.

But all I'm doing is seeing a situation and commenting on an apparent connection. I don't have to be a PKer to do that with credibility.

Because you refer to peace day like its some sanctified national holiday, and not the random positive\negative event day in a mmorpg. (IMHO peace day was meant to be a negative day, not a safe day for players with less ad levels)

I'm doing no such thing. I am referring to Peace Day as a day that has a set of conditions attached to it by Radu in order to affect the game in a certain way -- i.e. part of the game.

The fact that mines work on Peace Day goes against the conditions he put on the day. My opinion is that he should either disable mines on Peace Day to keep the effect of the day, or get rid of Peace Day altogether.

You believe correct, I never have. I am never in channel 4, nor do I pm people requesting a fight.

Glad to hear it. :confused:

(Though I'm always in channel 4, and I have seen you post there. Of course, I've never seen you asking people to come fight you.)

Ok lets go to IP, what is your favorite color peino?

I don't know what colors are on IP. I only go there to leave (using #beam me as a shortcut in getting around) or to see the Wraith.

OMG, such a big thread about such a small matter:

1. The mines are pretty expensive.

2. High perception can help a lot (unless someone does a kamikaze on you).

3. Armor and COL helps if someone pulls a kamikaze on you (they will take considerably more damage than you anyway)

4. You can always go naked if you want to explore, nothing to lose.

5. You can always carry a rosto with you if you really feel like exploring in out most expensive gear or clothes.

6. It is usually you, the non PKers that make the mines and/or gather the resources for the mines.

7. If you really have such a big problem with the name, I can change it to something else. Any suggestions please?

7. If you really have such a big problem with the name, I can change it to something else. Any suggestions please?

I'd just name it something like No Fighting Day, or No Combat Day.

But Peace Day is fine as it is, I mean, no one (maybe someone...) complains about "No Drop Day" you can still drop stuff.

EDIT: I mean, you can drop stuff in a bag, not that you die and lose stuff

Edited by Jaxbot

Oops Go Boom Day -- on this day you cannot do anything violent except blow stuff up. :confused:

EDIT: You can dedicate it to the new engineering god.

Edited by peino

OMG, such a big thread about such a small matter:

1. The mines are pretty expensive.

2. High perception can help a lot (unless someone does a kamikaze on you).

3. Armor and COL helps if someone pulls a kamikaze on you (they will take considerably more damage than you anyway)

4. You can always go naked if you want to explore, nothing to lose.

5. You can always carry a rosto with you if you really feel like exploring in out most expensive gear or clothes.

6. It is usually you, the non PKers that make the mines and/or gather the resources for the mines.

Day of no Fighting

PK free day

2 options from me.

*EDIT* Or change the description that will say "You can still be harmed by mother nature and mines"

Edited by Paul Brown

I dont think the people who placed the mines would class themselves as pkers, so I havent a clue why its turned into another "ebul pkers" thread

name for day errrrm:

" Watch where you step " day or " oooops there goes another leg" day :confused:

Day of Non-Fysical

explanation:

Today we dont get fysical in any way. You are challenged to find others way to get physical in touch with eachother or don' t at all. Enjoy!

That way you cover it I think.

Plus..it can add some spice to non-fighting adults lifes as well..^^

(this is not to be expained further)

And this means..no fighting, no casting spells..perhaps even no trading eachother..?

Jez

Why do you think a player kill map should be anything but player kill?

hmm, maybe because it was peace day? nawwwww

Guerilla Warfare Day (formally Peace Day)

Today traditional hand-to-hand combat tactics are not effective. No player, creature, or summons may initiate a fight; however, beware of non-traditional tactics while on PK maps.

I realize the "non-traditional tactics and strategies" is a bit vague, but we don't really need to make radu update the day description with every new weapon implemented.