Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

It would be nice to see a message about the explosion ...

Most of the people were wondering what is happening (me too) that they are losing health.

I was lucky to have CoL and I was not afk, so no real harm for me (just ~130 health) , i checked history, but haven't found a single message about mines or explosion (I guess an explosion can not happen unnoticed :D )

What?? No fancy lights and smoke when the mine blows up?? That is completely unacceptable! :D

Seriously though. I agree with Jeze here, and I think that any perceived 'coolness' of what Jax did lies only in its novelty. Most people take advantage of Peace day to do stuff they would not normally do, like harving hydros, running dangerous quests, etc. Fairly or unfairly, however, life in EL just got worse for non-fighters, even on Peace Day. Unfortunately, stuff like this will simply get worse if you can detonate bombs by remote control while being invisible. Draia has just become a terrorist state!

My verdict? What Jax did was at least naughty, especially since his intention was to acquire by terror, something that is currently irreplaceable. :D

At least, it's nice to know that some detection devices will be coming soon. :)

At first, it seemed most people on here thought ruining peace day for non-pkers was cool, now I'm glad to see a few more people who didn't like it. We don't all play to fight/pk and some of us want to occasionally visit dangerous places on peace day otherwise we'll never get to see them so we'll be punished forever for not being really strong. El is good in that it isn't just for fighters so please keep it a little like that.

I have a few names now that I want to at least try to hurt with arrows/mines in the future but it won't be on Peace Day. I occasionally do fighting but never wanted to hurt any players before now.

It's a good day to harvest yetis with mines, they can't attack you and you have fine gc + chance on nice drops :D But still I think it sucks mines work on peace day...

well i see people selling small mines for 1k like jaxbot...are u serious about using a 1kgc mine to kill a monster that drops ~160gc average and some silver rings sometimes? (seems to me like u just wanna save ur ass and get people to use their landmines somewhere else on peace day :()

For 160gc each I can mix those mines easily myself :( And if I find a nice hydro bar I can make a nice profit on top :D

maybe a year ago yeh, but once that got changed yetis stopped dropping hydro bars. so.... do it like jaxbot and make the most profit u can get? why killing yetis for some lame gc when u can get arti capes or NMTs from ppl xD

Problem is that it won't work next peace day because everyone would know about it :)

What?? No fancy lights and smoke when the mine blows up?? That is completely unacceptable! :D

Without eye candy, special effects and poor man on ? :D

Peace day is not an absolute, for eg. Guard Bots can still pwn u.

Setting mines is not engaging in a direct physical attack, and through a CoL and perhaps some armor they can be countered easily by pk'ers and non-pk'ers alike.

And also;

lmao nice one Jax :D

And don't forget those Ant's that you can rent . one of my guildie whas killing Ant's with her Ant XD

I would say - suspend mines on a Peace Day until countermeasures are available in game (mine detecting device/spell)

That would be fair, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen. After all, they were put into the game without any countermeasures in the first place, which is already giving an edge to attack-players over defense-players, i.e. not fairly balanced.

Perhaps avoid pk maps on any day if you are going to cry about it? :D

Funnily enough, the first time I was around for one of these surprise booms, the person killed was a hardcore PKer and the person who cried about it -- and cried pretty good :D -- was another hardcore PKer. Hm...

Peace day is not an absolute, for eg. Guard Bots can still pwn u.

Lol, tell me about it. A guard bot accident was what ultimately led to the above referenced bomb being set. What goes around comes around.

Setting mines is not engaging in a direct physical attack, and through a CoL and perhaps some armor they can be countered easily by pk'ers and non-pk'ers alike.

1- I think we can all figure out that mines work on Peace Day because the only thing that is disabled is the ability for mobiles/characters to attack. As an excuse for how using mines to indirectly kill does not break Peace Day, as written/set up in the game now, just sounds like weaseling with technicalities.

2- It's true that the right armor can protect against mines, but that's just another thing that makes PK a rich character's game only. I've been thinking for a while that the way PK is set up in EL, you have to be rich, in either gc or RL$, to get into it. I don't think that is good for PK because it's another obstacle to newbies getting into it.

Seriously though. I agree with Jeze here, and I think that any perceived 'coolness' of what Jax did lies only in its novelty. Most people take advantage of Peace day to do stuff they would not normally do, like harving hydros, running dangerous quests, etc. Fairly or unfairly, however, life in EL just got worse for non-fighters, even on Peace Day. Unfortunately, stuff like this will simply get worse if you can detonate bombs by remote control while being invisible. Draia has just become a terrorist state!

In my opinion, this could be just another nail in the coffin of main server PK. No one except the small number of hardcore PKers (who always yell that they need more people to PK) will go into PK maps because of this. If non-fighters can't go safely into PK maps on Peace Day, they won't explore to see what resources are there and how to get them, which could tempt them to risk going in on regular days too. Why should anyone make a mercury run now, if you can make it/buy it? What's a better use of gc -- gearing up to risk bombs for hydro, or buying hydro?

The answer I always get to such questions is the standard PKer comeback: But PK is Teh Fun!!! They need to wrap their brain around this -- PK is fun for THEM. Their tiny little club of people who love PK. Nobody else is that into getting blown up, killed, robbed, stopping what they're doing to fight, etc. We don't go into PK maps for the "fun" of being there. We risk going in there for a payoff -- mercury, hydro, certain mobs, etc. If we feel the risks outweigh the reward, and if there is any other way to get what we want, we won't go. So much for the new blood PKers say they need.

I'm not against the idea of mines or even remotely detonated bombs as long as there are countermeasures. Until countermeasures are in the game, mines/bombs are an attack against which there is little to no defense, and that just makes PK unfair.

And even with countermeasures, as long as players can use mines/bombs to kill players/mobs on Peace Day, then Peace Day is nothing but an unfunny joke. I say either disable mines on Peace Day, or delete Peace Day from the special days list. EDIT: Or just be honest and rename it Hypocrisy Day, and be done.

Edited by peino

I know caltrops give messeges when you step on them (maybe only when its your own?) but it would be a nice local messege of BOOM! just to give people a heads up. (although theres eye candy, but not everyone can support that)

And I agree about changing peace day, although you can avoid mines (like ent said) fairly easily. And I didnt target any newbs exploring maps. I targeted a enemy guild, after that I just supplied mines :D

So I dont think its useless just yet. You can still explore maps, just dont sit afk harvesting on a popular harvesting PK spot. And if you move around, its really hard to get hit.

We need some 'ol Hounds to sniff out them bombs :D

~KgN

We need some 'ol Hounds to sniff out them bombs :(

~KgN

Good use for the future pets Ent promised ?? :D

write me down for a big German sheaperd to snif around before i enter any pk maps now

for the remote detonation..... the one that puts them can use night visor and :D when we can target at map objects, no need to make another device i think

I know caltrops give messeges when you step on them (maybe only when its your own?) but it would be a nice local messege of BOOM! just to give people a heads up. (although theres eye candy, but not everyone can support that)

And I agree about changing peace day, although you can avoid mines (like ent said) fairly easily. And I didnt target any newbs exploring maps. I targeted a enemy guild, after that I just supplied mines :D

So I dont think its useless just yet. You can still explore maps, just dont sit afk harvesting on a popular harvesting PK spot. And if you move around, its really hard to get hit.

We need some 'ol Hounds to sniff out them bombs :D

~KgN

Well, to be honest, having to run around to avoid getting blown up (PK'd) by someone else is not exactly in the spirit of Peace Day, is it? So I say my point that Peace Day is rendered pointless by this stands.

I think the whole issue can be resolved if Radu quickly implements countermeasures. In addition to good perception/night visors to see mines before getting too close, we need mine detectors (something like the invasion meter, maybe, to tell how many mines of what strengths are in the map but not where), and, imo, also a way to remote detonate someone else's mines when you find them (a minesweeper type thing). Then possibly a way to comoflage mines -- and the arms race is on.

Personally, stylistically, I hate mines/explosives for the EL world. But if we have them, then we need to run with them. No BS half-measures. They are for traps and sneak attacks, and that's what we must expect. They must be counter-able. Making them, using them and countering them should all be equally risky - because I like realism.

Edited by peino

I was on when Kagen and Jax did it to Muppet, and the way it played out was hilariously funny. (And I got some hot new duds because of it.) :D But, after thinking about it for a bit, I pm'd Kag that this trick would effectively wipe out Peace Day.

Peace Day was always a day for weaker players and non-fighters to go into PK maps to harv, explore, or finish quests. That can't happen anymore because people who want to PK can now do it with mines on Peace Day. This means that Peace Day is nothing but a negative day for non-PKers now. We can't train or hunt for drops, but we can still be killed if we step on the wrong spot. So no more going into PK maps on Peace Day.

Maybe this will change once mine-clearing items or spells are made, but until then Peace Day doesn't really exist, in functional terms. There is no peace on Peace Day. It's just a no-training/hunting day.

But frankly, Ent, imo, if you're going to let it be possible to kill people on the day we supposedly revere life, you may as well delete Peace Day altogether. I mean, what's the point in it now - a day to enjoy a hypocritical BS message on log-in? Makes no difference to me. I ignore most of the special days anyway (except the ones I can't ignore). I'm just saying, it's either peace or it isn't, and imo, I think you should pick one, for consistency.

We got a nice hat, from you.. from stepping into PkG map, maybe you should've first learned about how BOTS and ants can still attack on this day?

So thanks, for a free hat from the shop peino, compared to the tailorable one worth 5k i lost on muppet. :whistle:

Edit: btw it looks great with YOUR exc cape too :D

Edited by umbrena

IMO this is not in the spirit of peace day, therefore the message should be changed, or no life form should be harmed.

On another sidenote: EL never fails to surprise me how malevolent people can be. Yes, it is cool to discover things that everyone thought impossible, yet I am disappointed to see how this ingenuity is used.

Hi all,

Read about this at the beginning of the day here, now it is evening.

I've been thinking about this issue all day, what to say and how and do I really see anything.

I never go to PK-maps, not even on a peace day, should I say anything.

Well I'm part off the EL-community and so I do have a voice and therefore will speak up ... so here is my humble opinion.

Peace day should be really a day of peace and not harming any living being in any way.

Why?

Here is a thing from RL ...

In the Netherlands we live in peace, WWII is really over.

During summer in our parts we still have invasions of German people on holiday.

On our beaches they dig their holes and at the end of the day they close theme up for safety.

What if one of them would put a mine in such a hole before closing it up? Yep, he/she violate the peace we have and will be punished for it, it is not a peaceful act to place a landmine anywhere.

So in EL peace day should really be a peaceful day and nowbody should be in danger of people thinking it is funny to harm others on such a day. Imagine some fool would do that in RL, that would not be seen as funny.

And if you love to fight and harm people that much, please go to the PK-server ... why should PK-ers always get their way, they can have it their way on that server, I think. And how often is it peace day in EL, I hardly ever see it when I'm on, give us our well loved peace. Thank you!

If it will still be possilbe to harm others on peace day with mines, please change the name of the day to "a sort of peaceful day, but you still could be harmed on PK-maps" or something like that.

You think my humble opinion is bullshit, forget you even read it ... I see it this way and you yours ... peace be with you. :)

BethAhabah

False logic, and additionally you are making pk'ers big disservice -> if people avoid pk maps, where pk'ers will find their victims ? :)

:rolleyes:

[insert deliberately witty smiley]

by people = I'm referring to the crybabies of of a thousands excuses

First If you believe pkers are waiting for crybabies to wander into pk maps, you're mistaken.

Last thing anyone wants to hear is 1 hour of "ZOmg, can I have my stuff back???"

I want combatants, not victims.

2- It's true that the right armor can protect against mines, but that's just another thing that makes PK a rich character's game only. I've been thinking for a while that the way PK is set up in EL, you have to be rich, in either gc or RL$, to get into it. I don't think that is good for PK because it's another obstacle to newbies getting into it.

Oh now its the evil rich IRL people again.

You have to actually play the game instead of hitting the forum for post count and forum

exp too :) . It's amazing but you can actually advance a rpg character by playing the game.

peino
							 Skills
							 Overall:	80/80
							 Attack:	51/51
							 Defense:	53/53
							 Magic:	31/31
							 Harvest:	71/71
							 Manufacture:	22/22
							 Alchemy:	47/47
							 Potion:	29/29
							 Summoning:	0/0
							 Crafting:	23/23
							 Engineering:	16/16
							 Tailoring:	0/0

PK Info
							 PK Score:	0.000000
							 PK Fights:	0
							 PK Won:	0
							 PK Lost:	0

If non-fighters can't go safely into PK maps on Peace Day, they won't explore to see what resources are there and how to get them, which could tempt them to risk going in on regular days too.

(RL Reference) Mines have killed and maimed people for years in times of peace.

I love the zero risk world you seem to occupy.

Why do you think a player kill map should be anything but player kill? I would understand if mines killed people

in IP on peace day, but you are complaining about KF? Just pretend that map [kf] doesn't exist and go to the giant

love-in at the beam instead.

The answer I always get to such questions is the standard PKer comeback: But PK is Teh Fun!!! They need to wrap their brain around this -- PK is fun for THEM. Their tiny little club of people who love PK. Nobody else is that into getting blown up, killed, robbed, stopping what they're doing to fight, etc. We don't go into PK maps for the "fun" of being there. We risk going in there for a payoff -- mercury, hydro, certain mobs, etc. If we feel the risks outweigh the reward, and if there is any other way to get what we want, we won't go. So much for the new blood PKers say they need.

Go or don't go. Pkers want to fight and not chase you are across kf to gain nothing and

only deal with "What have I done to you to get attacked??!?!?"

Why should anyone make a mercury run now, if you can make it/buy it? What's a better use of gc -- gearing up to risk bombs for hydro, or buying hydro?

People have always made "naked' runs for mercury. A there is a high probability that even in death you will retain your mercury

you have collected from KF. Another thing you comment on and have no experience in, I make 3 or so hydro runs a week

and I never encounter a pker, just trainers in the fluff cave and other miners. (I'm not talking about Peace days, this is any

normal ordinary day in EL)

Until countermeasures are in the game, mines/bombs are an attack against which there is little to no defense, and that just makes PK unfair.

Yes, the whole point of pk is to make it fair. :bow_arrow: Fighters who engage in player combat maps are constantly trying

to gain an edge on the competition. I don't grind away on AD leveling to ensure pk is fair.

In closing its a Random Day, You see it as a positive day (can enter maps you are to afraid to enter on any other day)

,alot of us see it as a negative day. (No AD training or pk)

And peace-niks, read the Radu's posts, you are only burying yourselfs under a mound of double damage mines :evilgrin:

I agree, peace day should be a day of peace. No mines. Why?

Realism is one of the strongest features EL has. Almost everything done is done in a realistic way. I personally love the game for that. Having bomb runners harming people on a peace does not really support that view. Either disable the mines on peace day or remove the day, otherwise the sence of realism would imho be broken.

Either disable the mines on peace day or remove the day, otherwise the sence of realism would imho be broken.

I didn't know that anti-personal mines were disabled automatically when a war was finished... :o

IMO, it's more realistic the way it is. :P

I agree, peace day should be a day of peace. No mines. Why?

Realism is one of the strongest features EL has.

There are lots of mines left in coultries who had peace for several years.

Even here do we still find mines from WWII.

Realism is one of the strongest features EL has. Almost everything done is done in a realistic way.

So true, my local shop keeper is an Elf and I have a Dragon living at the bottom of my garden :o

But seriously this thread has gone from being funny to being a joke, Ok people died on "peace day", but we seem to forget that mines are relatively new and no one knew that this could happen, but hey guess what now we do,

so its either:

1: Radu changes the mines so they dont work on peace day

or

2: We all have to be more careful on pk maps

Edited by conavar

True, we find mines that have been placed in past wars. But you don't see new mine fields arise in peace time, do you?

Well lets start with:

The Maginot Line

Oh and Berlin Wall minefield..

(I could go on and on)

It rather common to erect defensive minefields in times of peace.

2: We all have to be more careful on pk maps

I guess for most of non-fighters it means not to go to PK maps even on Peace Day ...

Or live life to the max, wear your col, some HEs, good armour and a rosto, and if it turns out to be your time.. best go out with a bang, right?

And note: I do not PK, but what is life without a little risk?

We got a nice hat, from you.. from stepping into PkG map, maybe you should've first learned about how BOTS and ants can still attack on this day?

So thanks, for a free hat from the shop peino, compared to the tailorable one worth 5k i lost on muppet. :o

Edit: btw it looks great with YOUR exc cape too :)

You (I guess everyone in your guild shares one hat? :P) got a brown adventurer's cap, and in "exchange" I got a blue cavalier's hat. NEWSFLASH: I didn't pay RL$ for that cap, so I "lost" no more than you did. Plus, I like the blue cavalier better than the adventurer's cap, so I'm happy. And if I feel like showing off in a rarer hat, I still have a black adventurer's cap. And finally, Muppet's blue cavalier looks really great with either of my other two exc capes as well as the blue pants I bought especially for it. So I still feel like I came out ahead of where I was before. Thanks for helping me advance my wardrobe. :P

By the way, and for the record, my involvement with that whole story ended after my ~4-sentence hissy fit with Quim. I had nothing to do with anything that followed, except for receiving the hat and laughing about it because it's a funny story.

I'm not going to comment on how that one really obvious and almost impossible not to click on "secret" entrance to your guild map is kind of a trap for explorers on Peace Day, because that would be off topic. I'll just say that I do know about bots, and I would not have died except that your bot was right there when I accidentally entered, so he got me a fraction of a second before I clicked on the cave to get out. But I have it marked on my map now so I will never forget and accidentally click it again.

You (I guess everyone in your guild shares one hat? :o) got a brown adventurer's cap, and in "exchange" I got a blue cavalier's hat. NEWSFLASH: I didn't pay RL$ for that cap, so I "lost" no more than you did. Plus, I like the blue cavalier better than the adventurer's cap, so I'm happy. And if I feel like showing off in a rarer hat, I still have a black adventurer's cap. And finally, Muppet's blue cavalier looks really great with either of my other two exc capes as well as the blue pants I bought especially for it. So I still feel like I came out ahead of where I was before. Thanks for helping me advance my wardrobe. :)

By the way, and for the record, my involvement with that whole story ended after my ~4-sentence hissy fit with Quim. I had nothing to do with anything that followed, except for receiving the hat and laughing about it because it's a funny story.

I'm not going to comment on how that one really obvious and almost impossible not to click on "secret" entrance to your guild map is kind of a trap for explorers on Peace Day, because that would be off topic. I'll just say that I do know about bots, and I would not have died except that your bot was right there when I accidentally entered, so he got me a fraction of a second before I clicked on the cave to get out. But I have it marked on my map now so I will never forget and accidentally click it again.

Well, we gained a hat from shop = were happy

You gained a hat you liked = you're happy

Never said we share it, just said it looks great btw :P

You're not the only one who lost stuff to the bots that day, and many people use Peace Day as an uneducated excuse to explore guild maps they're not supposed to be in, hence why the stuff isn't returned.

The bots give you enough time to leave the map, ask eGow who like to do it daily, many times. :P

But on peace day, people ignore the warning message the bots send out anyways and continue walking 'freely' until one of the bots catches up to them.