Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

And peace day may be worse for you than you'd like to admit. For example, I don't think ALL fighters just log off on peace day, I bet a few stay on, make some essences, maybe some armor... wouldn't you prefer to make those things for them?

I think peace day will benefit from having this way around it ;) And adds more of a challenge to easy going mixers who take advantage of it. And it is only a slight way around it, you can avoid mines afterall can't you?

Well, first off, I have no idea how to avoid mines...or keeping people from blowing up mines near me.. because I have no use for those skills.

And yes, I do hope to make armour/weapons for the fighters... what is the point in spending years reading books and harvesting materials, if I have no-one to sell them too... just not sure why they need to attack me after I sell it to them.

Miners are not interested in fighting...Fighters have Rost stones...miners should have a cheaper version...that destroys the armour/weapon of the fighter that attacked them.

Does that sound fair? Would you be so quick to attack a defenseless miner if you run the risk of loosing your weapon and armour?

You can see the pick axe in my hand, and the fact that I'm not wearing any armour... so I'm an easy target for you. Level the playing field...fighters attack other fighters!

You cannot carry the Miner Medallion with Armour/weapon in your inventory.

EDIT:

Oh...and as for your list of days...most of those days effect miners as well...I was listing days that only effect miners...

LABOR DAY, FASTING DAY, Murphy Day doesn't effect Fighters...

Day of no Rostogols -Fighters can still fight and earn xp

Day of the Brave- Same as above...but can earn 2x xp if the creature comes back!

Acid Rain Day-effects everyone equally

Solar Flare Dayeffects everyone equally

Day of the Dead

Edited by JimP

Just a comment to the folks who are bemoaning their inability to get their hydro ore and mercury hassle free now on peace day...I really don't think it EVER was intended to be easy to get. Ever. Imo, you all got lucky for a little bit.

and @ JimP...what exactly was so difficult your friends had to leave over?

As I said... they were sick of the direction the game was taking... I've been here since the beginning...and have seen many changes....and I too have walked away for long periods of time... but I know eventually things will smooth out.

I remember when beaver skins sold for 1k each...and serida was filled with noobs and tit plate warriors all fighting for the same animal LOL

i remember when we had to click on ore in order to harvest it...one click=1 ore...lots of sore fingers back then.

I remember when food had no use, and people were pissed at the idea of BOOKS. You harvest level determined what you could mine.

So yes, I do know there will be lots of bumps in the road as this game develops... I just want to give my own two cents along the way.

This is the first time I have EVER trained at fighting...and was surprised how easy it was.

So for all the people who work hard, reading books, and living a peaceful existence in this game... with no desire to learn fighting skills....I speak up for them.... because most of them won't bother fighting to not fight lol

EDIT:

So if Peace Day is no longer peaceful... how about the Miner Medallion idea? =)

And the medallion should be cheap...

Fighter risks 100k+ of armour buying a 16k stone...

Miner risks leather aug and pick axes for 1k medallion?

This will take armor and weapons out of the fighters hands...making the need for us dirt scratchers and mixers =) completing the circle of life lol

This medallion will not effect honorable fighters (those that fight dragons or other fighters)... only the cowardly attacks on defenseless people. Yes, you have every right to attack a defenseless player in this game... so how about equal risk?

Edited by JimP

So if Peace Day is no longer peaceful... how about the Miner Medallion idea? =)

And the medallion should be cheap...

Fighter risks 100k+ of armour buying a 16k stone...

Miner risks leather aug and pick axes for 1k medallion?

This will take armor and weapons out of the fighters hands...making the need for us dirt scratchers and mixers =) completing the circle of life lol

This medallion will not effect honorable fighters (those that fight dragons or other fighters)... only the cowardly attacks on defenseless people. Yes, you have every right to attack a defenseless player in this game... so how about equal risk?

Sounds like you want to make ALL pk maps safe for harvers ALL the time, or would the medallion only work on peace days ??? but then again it wouldnt work anyway, fighters would just use mines on peace day ( no contact no risk to armour) or summons on non-peace day (no contact no risk to armour).

And I 100% agree with Aislinn, IMO Peace day was supposed to be a negative day for fighters/trainers,(not a bonus day for miners) but other players have benefited from that for a long time by being able to safely get hydro/merc, but the game changes and we all have to live with them changes or leave, *shrugs* thats life

EDIT:

Why do players think FREE mercury and hydro bars were placed where they were ? they are supposed to be dangerous to get, but I agree if mines are allowed to continue to harm ppl on peace day the description should really be changed, so as not to mislead players

Edited by conavar

I think the miners medallion should only work on Peace Day ... to give free passage to Hydro ONLY on peace day.

Rostogol stones work EVERY day... giving fighters a saftey blanket....at the cost of 16k.

Miner Medallions should give saftey blanket on Peace Day... all 6hrs LOL it's not a Rost Stone.

And as stated, it should destroy the attackers armour and weapons.

Downside to the Medallion, you can CARRY s2e's... but you cannot equip ANY weapon/armour while wearing it. (So you can mine Hydro)

I'm sorry to hear you feel no-one else deserves the benefits that you have enjoyed... just trying to make things interesting.

I find no honor in attacking defenseless people... you should run the risk of a Karma Smack.... pray the noob you attack isn't wearing a medallion. If he is, be prepaired to ask another MANU'er to make you another set of armour.

I think the miners medallion should only work on Peace Day ... to give free passage to Hydro ONLY on peace day.

Rostogol stones work EVERY day... giving fighters a saftey blanket....at the cost of 16k.

Miner Medallions should give saftey blanket on Peace Day... all 6hrs LOL it's not a Rost Stone.

And as stated, it should destroy the attackers armour and weapons.

But you cannot physically attack on peace day so the medallion would work how ?? :confused:

I'm sorry to hear you feel no-one else deserves the benefits that you have enjoyed... just trying to make things interesting.

I find no honor in attacking defenseless people... you should run the risk of a Karma Smack.... pray the noob you attack isn't wearing a medallion. If he is, be prepaired to ask another MANU'er to make you another set of armour.

Well since I dont harv hydro or farm merc from kf then I havent really enjoyed the benefits, but thats a mute point really as saying that then the game would never change,adapt or move on.I didnt play when the game had xp for all harv picks or no cooldown, so others enjoyed benefits I havent, but the game moves on and you wont find me complaining about said "old" benefits, and personally I dont attack harvers or merc runners ( even on non peace days, its not fun or challenging ) but granted others do and like I said the medallion wouldnt work, for those fighters would just use mines( or summons if it worked on non peace days ) as they did last peace day

Edited by conavar

But you cannot physically attack on peace day so the medallion would work how ?? :confused:

Yer right... so I guess they'll have to work all the time lol

Well since I dont harv hydro or farm merc from kf then I havent really enjoyed the benefits

I'm not trying to turn this into a personal attack on you... I'm trying to generalize ... and I applaud you for your beliefs, as I share them.

So if you are an honorable fighter, then this Medallion wouldn't effect you anyways... this is meant to make the bullies have something to worry about.

Like I said before, I have no idea how to make this game run smoothly... but I hate bullies ;-)

well, I think its clear how alot of ppl think about Peace Day now.

After reading it all, i can only come to one conclusion; the title of the day isnt correct.

Now, to make a statement, I would like to make the following request to all who stand by me on this:

Buy as many landmines as you can, and drop em in the well at beam to poof on the next Peace Day.

I bought 50 landmines myself, and will do as i stated.

It may convince the devs/radu to actualy change the days name or the use of landmines on peace day.

If it doest, at least we were able to get some landmines out of the game without hurting anyone..

in Peace,

JezeBelle

Now, to make a statement, I would like to make the following request to all who stand by me on this:

Buy as many landmines as you can, and drop em in the well at beam to poof on the next Peace Day.

I bought 50 landmines myself, and will do as i stated.

It may convince the devs/radu to actualy change the days name or the use of landmines on peace day.

If it doest, at least we were able to get some landmines out of the game without hurting anyone..

All I see happening out of this is:

1: It helps the economy

2: It give's Radu a few more laughs then he's already gotten out of this thread already.

Seriously if you're worried about going boom, mass-summon a few rabbits, and let them go boom.

After reading it all, i can only come to one conclusion; the title of the day isnt correct.

Perhaps maybe it's just your perception of the name that is incorrect, not the name itself.

-Edit- Sorry I didn't feel like reading the whole thread, so if I just repeated what's been said a few times, I apologize.

Edited by fyrrflyy

Perhaps maybe it's just your perception of the name that is incorrect, not the name itself.

OMG! I have no idea if there's a one smartest thing said in this whole thread!

While I fully support the use of mines on normal days, I do see it as something that cound be compared to placing bags of toadstolls on IP for newbies to find.

I'm sure all the arguments have already been made, but I wanted to post my support in making mines kill people on Peace Day, ESPECIALLY when you can't even remote heal someone on Peace Day...

Verdune of LLL

Today is a special day:

Peace Day

English: No fighting today, you can't attack players, animals or monsters, and the animals or monsters won't attack you either.

Role Playing: Today we celebrate life and, as such, we will not fight with eachother, nor will will harm any life form.

PK maps were never intended to be safe places. As proposed above, these maps would still be much more safe than on normal days.

I think the description does need to be changed to prevent a (currently) very misleading #day description. Given that there seems to be no support from Ent for disabling mines on Peace Day, perhaps a general consensus on a description change would be approved and included for the next update.

If there will be land mines blocking all movement into PK zones on "Peace Day", then it stands to reason, that the least that could be done to make this situation less debatable would be to amend the description of the day.

As nice as it would be to see the land mines disabled on Peace Day, this would promote a very unrealistic concept. When peace is declared in a zone where conflict has occurred, it still takes efforts to remove the land mines and other such 'traps'. It would be a stretch of the imagination to expect that the mines would simply deactivate for a period of time and then reactivate after such.

These are my thoughts, and are not necessarily representative of how the Fellowship nor those in guild FoCW perceive this situation.

Edited by DragonCairn

I've noticed that playing a game is difficult for some. What with rules you have to follow, ever changing environments and player bases. And let's not forget those tricky definitions like Peace = Freedom = No harm whatsoever... well, except for those many examples where countries at Peace still have dead bodies poppin' up here and there.

But what we need is something easier... something safer... or at least easier. Too many options in this game. So I recommend: Progress Quest!

http://www.progressquest.com/ Now you don't have to worry about getting to know people or strategies or reading or anything! Progress Quest is your one stop game no matter how AFK you are!

And for those of you who like a challenge... Who know nothing in real life or games is perfect... Who are willing to put up with crazy definitions like Peace != Freedom necessarily... I give you www.eternal-lands.com!

If there will be land mines blocking all movement into PK zones on "Peace Day", then it stands to reason, that the least that could be done to make this situation less debatable would be to amend the description of the day.

As nice as it would be to see the land mines disabled on Peace Day, this would promote a very unrealistic concept. When peace is declared in a zone where conflict has occurred, it still takes efforts to remove the land mines and other such 'traps'. It would be a stretch of the imagination to expect that the mines would simply deactivate for a period of time and then reactivate after such.

These are my thoughts, and are not necessarily representative of how the Fellowship nor those in guild FoCW perceive this situation.

According to this, you can use mines on all days but Peace day, yet already primed mines which lasts to peace day would still be left armed. So at Peace day, mines could not be primed, but you can trigger already placed mines. But then mines would have longer lifespan, so they can be primed in advance. Instead of few minutes, how about mines are primed for the whole six hours and to prevent server overload, only finite amount of mines can be ingame, so if someone places new mine that exceedes the limit will automatically triggers the mine with the longest timestamp and makes it detonate.

such a useless topic why the fuck do u always wanna change everything thats open for discussion :S

cant you just let something be like it is instead of trying to make it better and better with the final result it only gets worse?

such a useless topic why the fuck do u always wanna change everything thats open for discussion :S

cant you just let something be like it is instead of trying to make it better and better with the final result it only gets worse?

Here here... I agree with Tempest !! Why do you people want this game to evolve ?!

I say let it stagnate, and never change! Lets go back to the days when there was no attribute cap!

And the days when you had to click your mouse for each harvest/attack!

We don't need C2... C1 had plenty of places to visit!

We just don't need anyones input! No one here even cares about this game anyways.

So from now on, please people, don't post any ideas in the forums... this place is only to post how happy you are!

Nuff Said...

Here here... I agree with Tempest !! Why do you people want this game to evolve ?!

I say let it stagnate, and never change! Lets go back to the days when there was no attribute cap!

And the days when you had to click your mouse for each harvest/attack!

We don't need C2... C1 had plenty of places to visit!

We just don't need anyones input! No one here even cares about this game anyways.

So from now on, please people, don't post any ideas in the forums... this place is only to post how happy you are!

Nuff Said...

I could distill a whole barrel of irony out of this :)

I agree, when there is no discussion, then there is no evolution. We actually discuss and suggest to prove ourselves that we care about EL. On the other hand, I understand Tempest's anger. Those few good ideas are drown in the sea of crappy and low suggestions. But I think that devs do filter those and pick only good ones to implement afterwards.

But what we need is something easier... something safer... or at least easier. Too many options in this game. So I recommend: Progress Quest!

http://www.progressquest.com/ Now you don't have to worry about getting to know people or strategies or reading or anything! Progress Quest is your one stop game no matter how AFK you are!

OMG This was a riot!!! I was reading thru the description...very curious how this game compared to EL... up until I got to the CONTROLS section! LOL

I agree, when there is no discussion, then there is no evolution. We actually discuss and suggest to prove ourselves that we care about EL. On the other hand, I understand Tempest's anger. Those few good ideas are drown in the sea of crappy and low suggestions. But I think that devs do filter those and pick only good ones to implement afterwards.

My point exactly... show you care... throw in your own two cents... don't hassle others because you think their idea is stupid.

I see it this way... we all pile as much manure into this forum as we can, and it's up to the DEV's to sift thru and pluck out all the mushrooms! ;-)

Even if you don't like my idea, it may inspire you to come up with a different viewpoint.

im not talking about bad suggestions. im talking about people who wanna change every little shit that they dont like, but whats alrdy placed ingame for a good time. as if i care what gets suggested generally, if the devs dont like it they dont choose it anyway. what i mean is players always taking alrdy ingame stuff into forum to discuss days and days about it with new suggestions and everything. im honestly starting to get a lil pissed about that, cuz i think its enough sometime.

and jimp, for ur great joke u just went on top of my brod list. :)